1-800-Got Junk? - Montreal

4944 boul Decarie, suite 364 Montreal QC H3X3T6
HomeStars  >  Junk Removal in COTE SAINT-LUC  >  1-800-Got Junk? - Montreal

Reviews for 1-800-Got Junk? - Montreal

1 review Montreal, QC

Amateurish - pick up the wrong stuff

the forgot a Sofabed in the driveway and pickup the wrong furniture
I put at leat 10 calls without a response . These guys are amateurish at best need close supervision

1 review Québec City, QC

Junk Removal

The man who took my call was lovely and the entire process was very customer-first and convenient. What upset me was that I spoke to the gentleman on the phone and explained what I needed pickup on (destroyed balcony, brick and metal poles), he explained pricing like the website with a minimum and maximum; however, when the two gentleman arrived Monday morning they told me as soon as there is brick involved it's full price! Why wasn't that explained to me on the phone? I wouldn't have taken the service at $700, but felt like I had to once they were there. For a one hour job, that I had been quoted $400 for from another junk removal service, I'm pretty upset by the end price. We can't afford that and will be behind for months to come to pay that off.

Ryan Smith from Toronto
Ryan Smith from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Basment renovations

On the day that the arrangements were made, the team called me, and notified me of when they expected to be there. They were punctual. This is as good as it was going to be. They explained the process of estimating how much work would be done. They said that they expected two trucks. If it was less, I would pay for less, if it was more, then I would still pay for 2 trucks.

That changed.

(#1) After finishing the first truck, their boss came out, spot-checked it, then left without talking to me. He later would REFUSE to talk to me on the phone, instead leaving his employees to deal with me. Unfortunately, I would need 4 trucks, and, they were only going to be able to do one truck that day.

(#2) "What about 'if we go over, you still pay for only two trucks'"? Ya - that changed really quickly.

(#3) They then decided that - if they had time - they would come back at the end of the day to do a second truck. They showed up at 5pm, and hauled out a second truck. Truck #1 was 3/4 full, but charged for a full truck. I have photos. They will be posted to the internet.

(#4) "Maybe tomorrow, or maybe the day after, we'll come back and haul away the rest. We're not sure. It's whenever our boss says we can come back to do the rest". At no point could I call/speak to the boss.

(#5) The next day, they called us, and told us that they would come THE NEXT DAY.

Would I recommend this company again? Probably not.

The workers were diligent, and tried very hard to please. They were polite, and felt bad that they misled us in their estimate.

When the 1800gotjunk called us after the first day to see how they did, instead of offering suggestions as to how to fix the problem for the next time, they ended up making excuses.

Ryan,

We take complaints such as this very seriously, with the goal of coming to a quick and fair resolution. To start, I can not pull up your information with the name you provided. Can you please email me at [email protected] or call our office at 416-467-8717 so we can start looking into this matter. Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

- Ashton

Mike in Notre-dame-de-l'ile-perrot
Mike in Notre-dame-de-l'ile-perrot
3 reviews NOTRE DAME DE L', QC

Office closing

We had to close one of our satellite offices and vacate everything. There was over 20 years of old furniture and archives that just were not worth saving. I called 1-800 Got junk. I had no appointment and they showed up within 1 hour. They were dressed in nice pants and polo shirts with caps. Very profesional looking. I showed them what rooms they could clear out and within 4 hours the entire office was empty. they filled an entire huge truckload of stuff to take to the dump. They also cleaned up after themselves picking up any small pieces that may have fallen beside the truck and brooming around where they cleared out furniture.

Great price great service.