We never hesitate to recommend Larry and Bev Sparkes of MillCreek Construction for the high quality of their work. They are a pleasure to work with and always go the extra step for their clients. They give you as much of the lead as you want on a project: they are happy to build exactly what you have in mind, or just as willing to create all the designs for you.
We first used MillCreek Construction in 1994 to complete a bathroom renovation and other home improvements including fixing cracked walls and crooked door frames, painting, new trim and molding, and building stairs to a third floor attic. We were so satisfied with their work that we contracted them a couple years later to help us with extensive restorations and renovations of a 1908 house in Rosedale.
We found Larry and Bev to be very experienced in both new construction and restoration, and they worked conscientiously to meet all the engineering and building codes. They are also very knowledgeable about all home building materials (both modern and heritage), which was extremely helpful when it came to selecting fixtures, tiles, granite, paint, lighting and other accessories.
Some of the work they completed for us:
• Renovated and modernized our kitchen; custom built functional islands and counters to our design specifications, added in floor heating, came up with many innovative improvements
• Designed and built new bathrooms with creative solutions to fit the existing space, extensive tile work with great attention to detail, new plumbing, electrical, etc.
• Converted the house from oil to gas heating, installed a new furnace system and air conditioning
• Built a tailor-made wood library, involving design, carpentry work and crown moldings
• Carefully stained new wood to match the old oak wood - with great results
• Underpinned the front of the house to construct a below level garage, installed a heated driveway, built a new front veranda
• Replaced the entire stucco façade of the house with new brickwork consistent with the original period of the house
• Wood stripping and painting throughout the house, with good advice on colours and stains
We have enjoyed the results of all their work and look forward to working with Larry and Bev on our next project.