A McKenna Plumbing Of Oakville

Reviews for A McKenna Plumbing Of Oakville

Sandra Daniels from Oakville
Sandra Daniels from Oakville

Knowledgeable, professional and courteous

We had water dripping through our 2nd floor ceiling from the area of the 3rd floor jacuzzi, seemingly due to a leaking cold tap. The McKenna guys explained in advance what needed to be done, and managed to remove the tiles without damaging them. Unfortunately, dripping started within the hour after they replaced the taps and left, because of a secondary issue with a cracked pipe under the jacuzzi. They returned within the hour and this time there was no alternative but to cut through the 2nd floor ceiling to find and address the issue. We appreciated the care they took, their expertise and knowledge, and the clean-up afterwards. They were very courteous and professional; we would not hesitate to recommend or call them again.

Mj in Oakville
Mj in Oakville

Bathroom faucet

The plumber charged me $200 to just diagose that the cartridge needed replacement and then quoted me another $100 to replace it. $300 to replace a cartridge is outrageous!! The prices are not reasonable at all!

Update: This company had charged me $200 saying $90 was for service call and the rest would be adjusted when they come to replace the cartridge. When I called them today to book a time because I received the replacement part the owner told me “Lady you are crazy if you think, I’ll finish the job after you gave me a bad review”. Please note the only reason I called the company again was because they OWE me $100, otherwise I would have never called them again. I told him that’s completely fine just give me the $100 back becUse you’re refusing to do the job - in response again he told me that I’m crazy! I informed him that I’m going to update my review to say you’re refusing true job or my refund and he said “If you do that, I’m going to sue you and I have a lot more money than you do!” So here I am updating my review, everything I have written are pure facts, so if you want to sue me, please go right ahead. I wish I had read other reviews below where this company did the same thing to other customers and never got involved with them in the first place.

Hi Private User,

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately our cost for two Men and a Truck is what it is. We are a small Family Run business but we still have overhead to cover. Getting quotes from Kijiji Plumbers or a Handyman who works out of his garage is not something we can or will compete with. Please keep in mind, the fact you have the cartridges for your faucet was a much cheaper option than replacing the faucets totally. The fact remains we are Professionals and people hire us because of that. Please also keep in mind our Warranty is a solid guarantee that we will stand behind. For anyone reading this review. If you are looking for the cheapest Plumber option we are not your Company. If you are looking for Competent and reliable please give us a call

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Deceptive Practices

I avoided this company because of the reviews, and I called Glenn Abbey Plumbing, which was well reviewed and close to home. Who shows up at the door instead? An AMcKenna truck. They said they bought the other company. I had a deadline and regrettably, let them do the job. This is misrepresentation. In my profession, you lose your license for such practices. This is bait-and-switch. And did not set up a relationship of trust.
I asked them to fix a toilet. I have three others like it which work fine using non-OEM parts from Home Depot. To their credit, they at least humoured me by installing aftermarket parts. Whether they did this honestly is debatable, because the problem persisted and they had to install a new toilet. I am accustomed to most plumbing and HVAC contractors trying to upsell unnecessary procedures. The $90 phone estimate ballooned to $600. They completed this quickly, guaranteed it, and promised the toilet would work with aftermarket parts. I just wouldn't hire them again.

Thanks for the review. I'm sorry you feel deceived. When service calls build up we do send our Sister Company to assist with the overflow. I believe we gave you several options including not using our services. We give upfront pricing that you are not obligated to proceed with. We don't ask any customers to write reviews like many other companies do. What we do expect is that one would think twice about posting a negative review anonymously even after we have serviced you Professionally and have done a good job as you have stated.

John in Toronto
John in Toronto

Poor Customer Service

Plumbing service was good, but was expensive. They seemed to fix the problem ok. At time of service, I requested a copy of the invoice, as I was remote. It took 6 requests and many phone calls, but Mark finally did deliver. Had they provided with less prompting, I would have given a higher score. Customer service and follow thru are important too.

Sorry for the clerical error. I was our fault for the mix up

Mp in Oakville
Mp in Oakville

Expensive service call

When I made the initial call I was quoted $90 for a service call. 2 technicians did the work (very straight forward in their words) which required a total of 1/2 man hour resulting in an additional charge of $139....or $278/hour. While they did a good job, which is always expected, I will not use again as charges were excessive. When dealing with the company, be sure to get clarity as to what the hourly charge will be. This was not made clear initially.

Thanks for the review. Sorry you felt we were to expensive

The Smiths in Mississauga
The Smiths in Mississauga

Toilet repair

The guys showed up on time, and got right to work. Fixed our running toilet upstairs quickly, and gave us good advice on parts to order for a leaking tap, and to replace an older toilet in the main floor powder room. Great to deal with, helpful and customer focused!

Clarke in Oakville
Clarke in Oakville

Prompt and Professional

I needed my laundry room sink unplugged and taps replaced (we ended up also replacing pipes and the laundry tub). Very easy to deal with on the phone to set up the appointment, they came right in the 2 hour window that they gave me (I had no doubt they would given the pleasant experience I had booking the appointment), they went above and beyond, were very neat and clean and did a great job. Would highly recommend and am putting their info in my contacts in the event I need a plumber again. Thanks to A McKenna Plumbing.

benji in Oakville
benji in Oakville

service call

Rip off for 5 minutes work. Work included: shutting off main water unit, looking at cartridges for shower faucet, that I already took out ahead of time, only to tell me they don't have those parts, that I would need a new system/valve, quoted $750 minus drywall and painter. That was it, $200 for that. Found other plumbers, who didn't charge ridiculous service call fees for no work done. Found another guy about $150 cheaper including drywall and paint, and it's perfect. Will not be recommending this company, A. McKenna Plumbing Ltd.

Hi Benji,

Thanks for the review. Although it is not fair for you to slam our company like this, I will take the high road. The price quoted to you is Plumbing industry standard. We do not and will not compete with Kijiji plumbers who almost always are not licienced or insured . Most also don't offer any type of warranty that you can count on. What I will say is if your intention was to dissuade future customer from using our service you should have criticized our workmanship or our conduct. The fact that the only thing you have to complain about is $150 and you would call us Rip off Artists will speak volumes of your Character. These review sites are quickly become ing a dumping ground for customers to take unfounded shots at hard working companies. Please list your real name as we can't find a Benji in our system.

abc123 in Oakville
abc123 in Oakville

Great service - Quick Response...

Had a leak of the toilet bowl. They came and checked it, then went to immediate action and resolved the issue.
Great service, very friendly crews.
Would recommend this company any time

Thanks for the review

Conor Rhane in Oakville
Conor Rhane in Oakville

Leak in House

Had A. McKenna plumbing over on the weekend to find a leak we were having in our ceiling, they showed up quick and figured out where it was coming from very fast. They were very neat and informed us of any damage that needed to be done before it was done and didn’t do any damage that wasn’t needed. We were very impressed with the job that was done as well as how friendly and professional the two guys that came over were. Would highly recommend this company to anyone needing plumbing work.

More about A McKenna Plumbing Of Oakville

Hello, My name is Mark Mckenna owner of A Mckenna Plumbing Ltd. Since 2001 I have been serving Oakville and surrounding area. When I first started this business I was very worried that I would not be able to compete with the larger Franchised Plumbing Companies. Over the last 10 years we have been able to build a large loyal following of customers, most of whom I know personaly. I believe this success is largly due to the fact that we are a Family run business and all who work here share the same goals. To serve our customers with technical skill that is so hard to find these days.

I personaly answer every Plumbing call that we get to insure you get the service you require. Please feel free to call and try our services.