A McKenna Plumbing of Oakville

Reviews for A McKenna Plumbing of Oakville

Bill McMillan from Oakville
Bill McMillan from Oakville

Less Than Impressed

I had a service call done while at work. The two installers that came to the house could not tell my wife which product they had installed nor did they leave any information regarding it. When I called Mark to ask about it I received a very negative attitude and unprofessional response. A very funny response for a company that prides themselves on customer satisfaction and referrals.

Once again. Review was posted after customer was given upfront pricing, given the make of the sump pump and given a price of $450 which is a very fair price for supply and install. Homeowner called and asked for a breakdown in cost of material and labour. We gave it to him. He was upset at us making $140 for an hours work? Two men a truck, insurance, tools, WSIB etc. We have been in business for almost 20 years. This is a way of blackmailing company's that are just doing business. Homeowner should be ashamed of himself. Not unprofessional just not apologizing for earning a living.

Shinya in Oakville
Shinya in Oakville

Awful Work

I had problems of the leakage from a faucet and of detachment of the plug. I explained what our problems were by attaching photos in advance. I could make an appointment soon, but a young guy came for one and a half hours late. He said that full replacement of faucet was an only way I could do. He could not attach a plug either, although a staff of Home Depot said to my wife, "it is very easy and you can do". Although he did NOTHING at all after all, he charged me as much as $160 and went back to office. I got parts at MOEN later. All were FREE. I could repair all by myself, according to attached instructions. Complete skill shortage and outrageous claims !!!! I recommend the viewers not to ask them about your repair. I talked about today's story to my colleagues, students, ESL friends, and all of them were so surprised and said “TOO expensive and unbelievable !”.

Not true.. customer was told the specific Moen faucet in question was not repairable . Product from Home Depot not Moen Full Line. Drain was broken on sink. Customer was told we could replace entire drain not just a part. We have done several jobs for this customer over the past few years. Each time with the complaint that we charge too much. Customer was charged $145 for the hour spent plus HST. Customers use our service because we are Professional at what we do. Just because you don't like the out come this, is how you react. 3500 service calls this year. We must be doing something right

Patrick in West Oak Trails (Oakville)
Patrick in West Oak Trails (Oakville)

Change toilet and add a diverter for outdoor water to avoid softener

He was quick, knowledgable and on time. I am very happy with his work...and if needed, will happily use him again. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company. Changed out our old 'builder toilet' to a fantastic new upgraded one and left everything neat and tidy.

Thanks for your nice comments

plumbing repair

They did what they were asked to do. Unfortunately, someone else suggested to me what needed to be changed and I asked them to change that part. The plumbers went ahead and changed the part as I asked them to. I wish they had first done an assessment of the problem to ensure that what I was told was in fact the problem. I wanted the part that they had taken off but they took it with them. Had some issues with the cost and follow up.

Review has 1 previous version

As the review stated above. We Did What We Were Asked. Order in a part that the customer specified. Installed it as asked. The problem was not fixed with her boiler. Her heating guy suggested for a plumber to install the valve. the customer then asked for her money back. We had to order the part in. She also suggested we should charge $35 per hour like her old plumber. We later refunded her part of her money back to settle the issue, we then received this review. Totally unfair.

Dr Ghazzal in Toronto
Dr Ghazzal in Toronto

Kitchen sink installaion.

My old kitchen sink got damaged. We called them to fixed the problem. They were very efficient. They came on time and finished the work on time. The workmen ship was excellent. We Will call them again to change our facet because our facet is old too.

Thanks for your review

Vivienne  in Burlington
Vivienne in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Great service!

I had Bought a new faucet and needed it installed. So I called A.Mckenna Plumbing as I have heard good things about this company. Plumbers showed up and were very prompt with the install. Dealt with Mark Mckenna and his apprentice. Clean and professional company!

Invoice # 1532
11/29/16

Thanks for your review

Worst experience

Awful experience The two guys are after your money they are not there to help you but just to charge you max$$$.
Had to flip over the toilet myself to find that there was no crack and evidence of leakage. They were planning to charge me over $600

Customers toilet was leaking at the base. The customer was advise the toilet was old and time to replace. Customer was told she could provide a toilet or we could if she was not able. No one tried to sell her anything. The customer was quoted $449 for a new toilet, Supply and Install. Sometimes old product is just not fixable.

Bruce MacKay from Oakville
Bruce MacKay from Oakville

Toilet Replacement

This is my fourth time using Mark's company. After a telephone consultation with a staff member, Mark and his assistant came by next day on time and efficiently replaced an aged, leaking builder unit with a nice new American Standard unit which looks and work great. Thanks again guys.

Thanks Bruce

Precision Blades in Oakville
Precision Blades in Oakville

install new Faucet

A McKenna Plumbing installed a new faucet in my bathroom at my home and install a backflow preventer at my place of business. this is the fifth time using their service. Both calls were on time and the pricing was fair as always. I like these guys because they are local Oakville boys.

Thanks guys

More about A McKenna Plumbing of Oakville

Hello, My name is Mark Mckenna owner of A Mckenna Plumbing Ltd. Since 2001 I have been serving Oakville and surrounding area. When I first started this business I was very worried that I would not be able to compete with the larger Franchised Plumbing Companies. Over the last 10 years we have been able to build a large loyal following of customers, most of whom I know personaly. I believe this success is largly due to the fact that we are a Family run business and all who work here share the same goals. To serve our customers with technical skill that is so hard to find these days.

I personaly answer every Plumbing call that we get to insure you get the service you require. Please feel free to call and try our services.