Your Tree Doctor

Your Tree Doctor

Reviews for Your Tree Doctor

Private User reviews Okotoks, AB

Horrible customer service

Troy was sent out for a quote on tree work. He arrived 30 min late. He never called to say he would be late. When I received the quote it contained the neighbors tree and was missing the main tree I wanted treated. When I called him about the quote he became all confused and rescheduled another time to come back and redo the quote. 45min after he was supposed to arrive I called him, He said, "I'm stuck in traffic I'll be there in 5 min". We waited 2.5hrs and he never did show up or call regarding this. I called the main office and Suzanne didn't seem to really care. She just said oh well it was a proposal for service and you don't need to pay anything. Why would I have to pay anything! I'm calling because we can't seem to get a proper quote. They didn't offer to send someone else or even apologize for my wasted time.

Did You Do The Work in Calgary
Did You Do The Work in Calgary

Did I Get The Service I Paid For?

I prepaid for treatment of an Elm Tree. The office was unable to issue a receipt for the payment. As a fix they indicated that they would give a 0 balance when the work was done. Unfortunately there has never been any indication that they came. Now suddenly I have a "work completed" that ironically matches the date of my original inquiry. No paperwork was ever left at my door.
The office does not respond to my inquiries.
Very poor business practices, I would not recommend them.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Arborist

It really saddens me to have to write a public review however the business practices at Your Tree Doctor has left me no choice. I first engage this organization a number of years ago and was thrilled with Paul and his team. However, with growth and time unfortunately I can no longer recommend this organization.
Last year I had a challenge with one of the arborist, on multiple occasions he told me he was contradicting what the owner would recommend. Having the utmost respect for Paul, I called the office and spoke with the person who answers the phone. She apologized and assured me they would investigate things. I didn’t follow through on the recommendations from the arborist has I had lost faith in him. I found in funny that they didn’t send another person over but figured they were busy and I wasn’t too fussed about it.
One year later I call again, they send the same person I had a challenge with. Hmmm…. again willing to give them a second chance because I believe it’s ok to make mistakes, just learn and grow from them.
So I proceed to move ahead with the recommended treatment from this arborist, then the team shows up to perform the service. While I am speaking to them, they recommend something different which my spidey sense says… hmmm….. maybe I should check in with Paul so I call the office with a simple request to speak with Paul.
After multiple attempts and taking the time to explain why I am confused, why would I appreciate a call, I am told I can’t speak with him and must only deal with my arborist. Again I explain it is my arborist that is the challenge, again I am told it is my job to work that out. I suggest that I have been trying to do that and now I would like to escalate to which I am told we have no process for that. I suggest one last time I would rather talk to Paul then go out to the internet to get his attention, however as you can see from this post that fell on deaf ears.

Monica Mosoronchon
Monica Mosoronchon

Large tree pruning and tree removal

I had a very positive experience with Your Tree Doctor. Kristina, Paul and Allan were knowledgeable, professional and prompt and the price was quite competitive. I would definitely recommend and will be using them again myself. Thank you. Monica Mosoronchon.

Thank You Dave we sure appreciate your positive feedback. This is our best reward.
Paul, Owner of Your Tree Doctor

Rachel from Calgary
Rachel from Calgary

tree prunging and mite treatment

I bought a home with a very large pine tree in the front lawn. The tree had not been pruned for years and was touching our roof and eavestrough. it was also loosing needles quickly and had discolouration. I called Tree Doctor an they had someone out that week to assess. The quoted me on a pruning and treatment. the tree was pruned the following week and they did a really great job. It was of the roof and was not longer touching the house, but they still kept its shape and beauty. They later came back for an injection treatment. I can't say I saw results right away, but I have noticed fewer needles falling, but that could also be a sign of the season. Without knowing if the treatments really worked or not I would still recommend this company to others. They were timely, I didn't have to be home when the came to work, and they invoiced me as per the quoted amount. I felt that the price was fair and that their staff was very knowledgeable.

ryan from Calgary
ryan from Calgary

bug killing

I was told 1 treatment would kill the bug killing my pine trees, after showing up the owner said I should also do the back to be safe. I did and by the end of the season my front was dead and my back were under attack. I had to get them out the next summer and they said they used a new treatment and it would be fine. by the end of the season my tree's were dying still from being eaten. I called 5 times and 4 emails before they called me back in the end of Sept (tad late for a treatment) so I have called 1 time 3 emails again this year expecting they will come back and do the job I have paid 2 times for them to do....still no reply. Avoid this people their professionalism lacks and take your money and do not do what they promise. If Paul would treat my trees ASAP I might have a different opinion but I should not have to chase down a legit company to stand behind their work.

Fred from Calgary
Fred from Calgary

Tree pruning & fertilizing

In Sept 2014 we had a certified arborist (Kristina) from the tree doctor assess the damage to our trees in NW Calgary from the snow storm. The bucket truck showed up a few weeks later and the crew did a wonderful job of removing deadwood and pruning ripped and broken limbs. Kristina had also spotted black knot on a Mayday and that was dealt with as well.

This spring (2015) we had Your Tree Doctor back to fertilize several of the damaged trees with a systemic food implant. While doing the job they noticed an infestation of aphids and treated a willow with an insecticide.

Over the years we have had a number of different pruning contractors by and these folks are the best in terms of punctuality, quality and timeliness - and for a fair price!!!

Thanks a lot Fred for these good words. Your feedback is helping us to keeps going and keep customers best interest in mind.
Paul, owner of Your Tree Doctor

Marg from Calgary
Marg from Calgary

tree pruning

Use caution when reviewing the proposed - I would never recommend this company. They show up whenever they feel like, with no confirmation of the work. Left a mess...totally dissatisfied with the job.

This is the customer that signed a contract to get tree service and changed her mind without telling the company.
For sure a customer who sign a contract is aloud to change her mind , but if she decide to cancel or modified the contract, it is her responsibility to advise by phone or email before we proceed with the service.
It is not true that we show up without advise the customer. That customer has been call the day before just like we do with all our customers to schedule the service.
The customer also request to have the service done as soon as possible. This is exactly what we did.

Some people might be difficult, specially if they expect that you can read their mind from distance.

I am truly sorry that this customer is not happy with the service. My Arborist worked under the rain to complete the service for that customer when we commit to. I am sure that my employees would had been please to go home instead of servicing a customer that can't appreciate what we do for her.

Andrew from Okotoks
Andrew from Okotoks
1 review Okotoks, AB

Wind Damaged Tree

When I took possession of my home, I was informed that bylaw had strapped the large tree in the back as it was about to crush the neighbor’s fence. Wanting to save the tree and get it taken care of fast, I called several arborists. Tree Doctor was the only one to answer the phone (not a voicemail) and have Clay come out the next day. He assessed the tree and made several very educated recommendations. When he said they could save the tree, I was thrilled. They showed 2 days later and did an amazing job. The tree surgery looks great! They trimmed up the tree and it looks strong and vibrant. After they completed the work, I received phone calls from other companies returning my initial inquiries. I informed them they were too late that the work had already been completed by Tree Doctor.
I have been dealing with numerous companies in the past month as I am in the middle of major renovations. I have not experienced better customer service then from the Tree Doctor. Professional, knowledgeable and on time. These guys know how to run a successful company!

Liz from Calgary
Liz from Calgary

Tree Pruning & Fertilizing

Very knowledgeable staff who explained the options to us and provided an extremely reasonable quote in comparison to a number of other companies we had out to give us quotes. Our trees look healthier and happier since we had the Tree Doctor out to take care of them.

At you Tree Doctor we really care about your trees and we will prescribe the really best treatments available for your trees.
Paul Saindon, owner of Your Tree Doctor

More about Your Tree Doctor

Your Tree Doctor is specialized in tree pruning, tree removal and tree pest control by trunk injection. Paul Saindon, the owner, is a Certified ISA Arborist and a Certified Landscape Pesticide applicator with more than 30 years of experience. We do insect and disease control without spray, by injecting safe ...
Looking for Tree Service pros in Calgary?