Wizard Industries Inc.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
2463 Beta Ave. Burnaby BC V5C 5M8

Reviews for Wizard Industries Inc.

1 review Burnaby, BC

Terrible Customer Service

I had Wizard Screens install a sliding door screen, 3 window screens and a retractable screen door. The screens were all installed without issue and the employee was friendly and quick. After install he left me with a hummingbird sticker to place on the door to avoid walking through it. Having just had a baby and being sleep deprived I somehow misplaced the sticker. I called twice to ask to have another one sent out to me. The first time I left a message and NEVER received a call back and the second time I was told that they would send me one in the mail. Having just had a baby receiving the sticker was not my top priority so having someone almost walk through the screen prompted me to call again today (end of September) to ask where the sticker was. To my surprise I was informed that they would be charging me $25 for replacement stickers. This is a complete JOKE! Having been told they were sending me one and then now after not receiving it they are telling me they will be charging me another $25 on top of all the money I just spent on their screens!

I would 100% not recommend this company for screens simply for their terrible customer service. After calling twice shortly after to request another sticker and being told I would be sent one to now being told it is going to cost $25 is absurd. I can only imagine what this company would be like to deal with if something went wrong with their screens or you had any issue if this is how they deal with a sticker.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent Wizard Window and Retractable Door Screen purchases. We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the door installation and the proficiency of the installer who completed the work. It is very unfortunate that there was confusion in our office and we failed to meet your expectation with your special request. The stickers you were requesting should have been mailed to you with no questions asked and our parts department is currently making arrangements to have the stickers sent out immediately. In terms of future service please take comfort we have been in business for over 17 years and growing, Better Business Bureau Member with an A+ rating. At Wizard Screens it is our commitment to stand behind all our products for trouble free years of performance. Kind Regards, Wizard Screens, “View Toward Excellence”

YoungnWild from Calgary, AB
YoungnWild from Calgary, AB

Security Door and Retractable Screen Door

Brenda was quite informative on the two products we purchased. Cyril was excellent at the installation and explanation of use and maintenance of both doors. The doors look and work great. Very happy with both products.

Rex McLennan from Vancouver
Rex McLennan from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Window Screens

The screens were satisfactorily installed and are of high quality. The issue with this company is that in spite of paying close to $ 1,000 for a single screen when we requested a return visit to install two small screens we were told that "it was not worth it for them - too small an order" What customer relations - they don't deserve your business ! Go elsewhere...

Jan from Burnaby
Jan from Burnaby
3 reviews Delta, BC

Retractable Screen Door

We are in a townhouse complex and could not have a regular screen door installed. We found Wizard thru the BBB, which they are a member, and had Charlie come to give an estimate. The cost was very reasonable. He took measurements for the front door and we had him look at the back screen. He adjusted that and told us we didnt need a new screen just yet. We appreciated his honesty! The day of installation, Charlie arrived right on time and had the instal done in half an hour. So pleased with Charlie and the company, the screen works great, cant wait until the warm weather arrives and we will have proper airflow thru our ground floor. We would recommend Wizard to anyone who needs this kind of product.

ILB from Rocky View County
ILB from Rocky View County
1 review Rocky View County, AB

Security screen door

I've had Wizard screens before, so after I moved to Chestermere, AB, I was delighted to see that they had an office in Calgary. With two dogs, the largest coming in at 80 Lb I knew I wanted to have their new security screen, and it was everything I'd come to expect from Wizard. Cyril was great at installing, can't thank him enough. The door is everything they advertise about it, I can't wait until summer went we can leave the reg door open all night long and still be secure in the fact that the dogs can't get out and no one can get it.

Jo-Anne Pilkey from White Rock
Jo-Anne Pilkey from White Rock
1 review White Rock, BC

Wizard Screen Doors

I was very pleased with the response time to quote and then to install the doors. I had two french doors and one single door installed. The job was very professional, the worker was neat and clean, left no mess for me to clean up

Sean Irvine from North Vancouver
Sean Irvine from North Vancouver
1 review North Vancouver, BC

Screens for our deck

I just love these folks. They were professional and a pleasure to work with. They were on time & on budget. They gave us a great customer experience! I would recommend them to anyone, anytime.

S and G Whitfield from Calgary
S and G Whitfield from Calgary

Security screen and retractable screen

We have had an amazing experience working with Brenda and Cyril in the Calgary office. They have been extremely professional and helpful! We are so pleased with our decision to go with Wizard retractable screens instead of Phantom. We purchased a security screen as well and love that we can leave our door opened with the peace of mind that the door is secure and locked. We were in a hurry to get ventilation through our house without having to have air conditioning and these screens are fantastic. Thank you so much Brenda and Cyril for your help. All the best with your business. You have a fantastic product and fantastic employees and deserve to do well. I will recommend and highly recommend your team to anyone who is looking for a fantastic product with excellent customer service.

Jenn in Vancouver
Jenn in Vancouver
10 reviews ,

Retractable screen door for patio

We have an architectural home with an oversized aluminum and glass sliding patio door, and really wanted a mesh screen that would keep bugs out and pets in while at the same time, not disrupting the look of the door. Wizard created a retractable screen that blends in perfectly with the aluminum of the door - we were really pleased. Despite being an oversized door, the screen was ready within two weeks, and their installer, Tony, was great - friendly, on time, and cleaned up the (minimal) mess left by the install.

Dino P. from Richmond
Dino P. from Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Patio and Window Screens

Awesome products and fantastic professional installation service. We had one large patio screen installed and two smaller windows with double wicket openings. As we have two cats, we opted for the heavy duty pet mesh for all screens. A little extra, but well worth the cost. Sure, I could have gone to our local renovation centres for some of those DIY versions and we also looked at around at some other local companies who were cheaper. Their materials seemed more flimsy and also the customer service wasn't that great (3 weeks waiting for a response to emails was just a little unacceptable).

Anyhow, we opted to spend a little more and after reading the great reviews for Wizard Industries on Homestars.com, we opted to give them a try. Justin, the installer, came and did the measurements. Very professional. We were given a quote of about $350 for all three windows/Patio door with Pet Mesh. Sure a little more than anticipated, but I'm a firm believer of you get what you pay for. If you want a quality product, you kinda have to pay a little more for it. We were originally told that it was going to be up to 3 weeks for fabrication to delivery/installation, It turned out to only be two weeks. Justin came back, right on time and had the screens installed in about 30 minutes.

Our condo feels so cool now. We didn't have the screens last summer and instead opted for a large A/C unit and kept the windows closed. Our electric bill was INSANE. We're looking forward to summer this year of just keeping all the windows open now to get the nice cross breeze and only use the A/C for the couple of days to a week in the middle of peak summer season where even the outside air is unbearable. The amount we'll save in our power bill this year will more than pay for these great new screens. What can I say, we're extremely pleased with our new screens. Would we recommend Wizard to our friends? Heck, YES! Quality products (again, you get what you pay for), great and professional customer service and delivery quicker than expected. We couldn't ask for anything more.