Major Mack Electrical Contracting Inc.

Electricians
Toronto ON M6L 3A7
Electricians
Major Mack Electrical Contracting Inc.

Best of 2011 winnerBest of 2011winner

Reviews for Major Mack Electrical Contracting Inc.

Heather in Riverdale
Heather in Riverdale

Saved our solar system

Our FIT project stopped producing power during June, our most profitable month. We discovered to our dismay that the company who originally installed it only two years ago (Sun Volts Unlimited) had gone out of business.

Charles tested the inverter and the meters and soon isolated the problem at the panels' fuse box on the roof. He replaced a burnt out fuse, as well as climbing around on the roof tidying up the wiring which had been installed in a slipshod fashion by Sun Volts. He then showed me what to do if it ever happens again (i.e. how not to get electrocuted doing it) and left me with a spare fuse. I'm so relieved the system is back online. Charles really knew what he was doing and was able to come quickly (a big deal since we can't afford to waste a minute of summer sunshine). Yes, in the end it was "only" a fuse, but there's no way we could have figured it out ourselves. Will definitely call him again if anything else goes wrong.

Kevin in Newmarket
Kevin in Newmarket
6 reviews Newmarket, ON

Installing Potlights, Hiding TV cables

We contacted Charles about installing potlights and other electrical work and he came in on a weekend to give us a quote. The quote came back promptly and was detailed which make it easy for us to pick which projects we would go ahead with. He and his crew started a few days later and installed 23 potlights and hid our TV cables within the wall. They were very professional and also helpful as they suggested layout changed which worked out perfectly. Charles was very easy to get ahold of and was very particular about his work, which we appreciated. He even did the drywall repairs which saved us having to call another company in. We have already recommended him to other people and will definitely call him for our next project.

NNGnome in Aurora
NNGnome in Aurora
1 review AURORA, ON

Various Electrical, internet and cable wiring jobs

We asked Major Mack to do various jobs for us aroud the house.

One of the main reasons that we chose them over other quotes we received is that we thought it was good that they wrote extensive notes they came to give us a quote, but it appears that they were not used during the job.

Overall the work was disappointing:
They added stuff we didn't want and then charged us extra, they put in electical boxes wonky and the wrong way round and said we would have had to try to fix the drywall ourselves once they corrected.

They also installed the internet cable incorrectly, and came back 3 times to "fix" the problem, in the end the internet cable was still installed incorrectly and we decided it wasn't worth getting them back in again, and had to spend $40 on equipment to fix the problem (in the end the problem was that the termination plug was incorrectly attached at the tv end.

Also, when I asked them to respond to my issues I never heard back from them.

Tracy Amaral in East york
Tracy Amaral in East york
3 reviews East York, ON

Repair circuit loss & install GFCI (grounded) receptacles

We live in an old house that we've been renovating over the past 10 years. We've had lots of experience with contractors. This was our first emergency call to an electrician. A friend recommended Charles from Major Mack. He showed up promptly, explored the problem thoroughly & discussed options in an open honest manner. 2 days and on budget. Highly recommend their services.

Laurie from Downtown in Toronto
Laurie from Downtown in Toronto

Electrical Consult, Potlights, Dimmer Switch and Changing old Lighting in Kitchen!

Charles was such a pleasure to work with...

He came initially to check my electrical problems in my kitchen as my lights kept coming on and off... He was very professional and explained the problem with the kind of lights I had... He reassured me that my electrical was in good shape, but suggested I replace the type of lighting i had as in a condo, there are more electrical surges that burn out this type of fixture... So he gave me all the information I would need to go and buy new lights...

I then rescheduled him to come and replace the lights in the kitchen and also put in 4 new potlights in my living area... Charles and his assistant Fernando, showed up right on time and worked in a timely and very effecient way... They were very neat and tidy and very conscientious of their work! It was a flawless job, and i didn't even have to do any painting or repair where they installed the new potlights!

I have and will recommend Charles and his company to everyone.... Thanks Charles!

Betty in Thornhill
Betty in Thornhill
4 reviews THORNHILL, ON

LED potlights

Charles and his assistant Predrag installed 29 LED potlights, new outlets, removed some old recessed lighting, added new light fixtures, ceiling fans and switches in our 30 year old home. We bought our own dimmable LED bulbs ($25 each) from Home Depot and Major Mack provided the housing, trim and installation. We were quoted $65 per light by phone, but upon arrival the patch up work and other factors increased the cost to $75 per light. We are very happy with their service and our home looks fantastic. I can’t believe the difference good lighting makes! Predrag flawlessly repaired all the holes in the walls and touched up with paint we provided. During the planning walk through, Charles had good ideas for how to work with our layout and safety was a top priority. Emails and phone calls were returned promptly. Our stucco ceiling has yellowed over the years and we plan to repaint the ceilings to hide the chalk lines they used for measuring and the patch work. Overall, we are very pleased and would call Major Mack again for any future work.

Mike in York
Mike in York
1 review York, ON

Pot Light Installation

We had 24 pot light installed a couple of weeks ago and we were very happy with the work. It was a pleasure dealing with Charlie (the owner). He returned our emails in a timely manner, was professional, knowledgeable and honest. We highly recommend Major Mack Electrical and will definitely contact Charlie and the crew for any work needed in the near future.

Eric in East york
Eric in East york

Aluminum Wiring Removal

We recently purchased a new home and wanted some work done on the electrical system, including the removal of aluminum wiring. We were very pleased with Major Mack – Charles was quick to respond to our emails and calls, was competitively priced and mindful of our timelines. Charles and co. were also on time, friendly, and took the time to provide us with explanations and options. An ESA inspection was arranged immediately and we received the certificate right away. It was a pleasure doing business with them and we would highly recommend Major Mack.

Anthony Tedesco
Anthony Tedesco
2 reviews Woodbridge, ON

Pot light installation. Dry wall repair as well as set up a network between multiple computers.

The job was done in a day and a half, other companies quoted these job at a higher price as well as having the job take a longer period of time to complete. I am quite pleased with the work that was done and Mr.Backhouse was a very friendly and knowledgeable individual. I recommend them to everyone.

More about Major Mack Electrical Contracting Inc.

Major Mack Electrical is Fully Licensed and insured electrical contractor.
Reliable, efficient and low prices.
See our website!
Solar Power installers!
Residential . Commercial . Industrial

LED LIGHTING AND RE LAMPING! SOLAR & WIND ENERGY SYSTEMS!

* Lowest Prices
* Decorative Lighting
* Build/Design
* AMP Upgrade
* Appliance & Hot Tub Hookups

Electrical Consultations for "do it your self-ers" Insurance/Inspection Correction

Energy Efficiency Consultations and Reparations

We offer 24 hour emergency service.

TRUE TO OUR WORD PERFORMING ALL TASKS SAFELY EFFICIENTLY AND ON TIME!