HomeStars  >  Plumbing in Newmarket  >  Harris Plumbing

David in Aurora
David in Aurora
11 reviews Aurora, ON

emergency sump pump repair

Our sump pump stopped working and the pit continued to fill. Fortunately for us, Harris Plumping had installed an emergency back-up pump 2 years earlier when we bought the house. However, we were still very worried because the emergency pump was working so hard. We called, and Brendan came very soon after (he had 3 other emergency calls before us). He was great. Fixed the problem very quickly, and clearly explained everything. We appreciate the fact that Harris Plumbing has always charged us solely for the work that needs to be done and never added any unnecessary repairs. Brendan was very respectful of our home and did a great job.

katy2001 in Richmond Hill
katy2001 in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Toilet Replacements

What a pleasure it has been working with everyone I encountered at Harris Plumbing from Ashley and the other ladies who were always helpful and cheerful, to Brendan the technician who installed 2 new toilets in my condo, a polite, pleasant young man who worked diligently and left my washrooms exactly as he found them. The price was as quoted, not a cent more. As President of my Condo Board, I would have no qualms recommending Harris Plumbing to the residents in my building. Thank you to everyone at Harris Plumbing for your outstanding service!
Mary Atkinson

Hello Mary and thank you so very much for your lovely comments! We appreciate your business and thank you for recommending Harris Plumbing to the other residents in your condo corp!! ...and yes, Ashley and Brenden are caring, attentive members of our fantastic team and we are fortunate to have them in our family. Thanks again Mary, Paddy at Harris Plumbing.

RP valve install

Excellent service, plumbers were good and polite.
They listened to our concerns and were able to satisfy us. I also noticed that staff are very approachable especially Nick. Thank you very much. We'll contact you guys again for any future plumbing work.

Hello and apologies for the late response... many thanks for using Harris Plumbing's services. We very much appreciate your patronage and would certainly appreciate the opportunity to continue to bring great service to you in the future. And yes, Nick is a talented and valued member of our fantastic team of professionals. Thanks again!

Barbara D. in Markham
Barbara D. in Markham

Five Star!

Harris Plumbing has been taking care of my plumbing needs for several years now and have recommended them to friends. I wouldn't dream of calling anyone else. The servicemen are competent, polite and really get the job done. Scooter was here yesterday and did a stellar job as always.
Thank you!

Hi Barbara, thank you! We very much value your loyalty and it is our absolute pleasure to be a member of your "home team"! We promise to continue to keep your faith and be there when you need us. Have a wonderful week Barbara.

Rose  in Barrie
Rose in Barrie

Replaced water lines

On their website, Harris Plumbing describes themselves as: experienced, dedicated, and dependable --- and this description fits them to a T.
All the office staff were very pleasant and helpful to deal with and the technicians were simply the best. Wes & Nick replaced all our water lines, as well as installing a new toilet and sump pump, among other things. They were both very polite and professional, and always took the time to explain what they were doing and why. They genuinely cared about making sure that we were fully satisfied with their work, and they were an absolute pleasure to have around.
Great job guys --- Keep up the excellent work!

Hello Rose and thank you so much for your comments about your experience with us, the ladies in the Customer Care team and your techs, Nick and Wes. Everyone here genuinely cares about our clients and the service we provide to them. Thank you again, we appreciate your business.

Peter in Aurora
Peter in Aurora
4 reviews Aurora, ON

Replaced faucets

Completely overpaid for 3 hours of work and minimal materials (since I provided the faucets).

The job was easier than routine since I had the contractors leave all the pipes exposed so no need for demo to access. Also there was no need for them to do any finishing work to hide the plumbing.

In my opinion 300+ an hour for parts and labour was excessive.

Harris Plumbing: please don't try to contact me as you already had your chance to make things right.

In response to Harris plumbing...... you can try and explain it however you like.

The fact is that when broken down to an hourly rate I paid 300 dollars and very little of that cost materials. If it was in fact a complex job then people should expect even worse value since you base your rates from your book of prices which you were inflexible on.... ie not adjust for me providing the bulk of materials and the job being easier than what would be considered a standard job.

Don't fall for their insincere attempt to rectify the situation. We spoke on the phone and they stood by their rates. This poor review was written after they had a chance to address the problem.

Bottom line is i paid over 300 an hour for fixtures to be installed. I provided the fixture plus open walls. All they needed to do was connect things. This was not a case of them having to extend pipes to accommodate the renovations.

Hello Peter. Sorry you are not happy with your experience - may I assume you are happy with our professional work? You don't give any details about what pipes were exposed or how much adjusting we had to do. In our experience (over 45 years of it in fact) we have learned that renovator/contractors never leave pipes exactly where they are needed for finishing - they can't. There are always adjustments that must be made.
But without knowing who you are or what we did for you, you are putting us at an unfair disadvantage. A last name or an invoice # would sure help. Would welcome discussion...

Clark in Barrie
Clark in Barrie

Plugged Drain

I wanted to thank Mike of Harris Plumbing for helping us on Sunday with our emergency at our cottage in Huntsville area when the drain backed up. You sent Mike who was extremely professional. He let us know he was currently on another call when he was coming and recalled us to let us know he was on his way and when he would arrive.
As soon as Mike arrived he explained what the service call was going to cost, what steps he was going to take and what each was going to cost. It turned out the drain was frozen causing the stoppage and he had to thaw the ice in the drain. He did his work efficiently, kept us fully aware of what he was doing and answer any questions we had. It took about over some time to drain the drains and clear the ice. He also gave us some advice on what we could do to help prevent it from happening in the future.

Thank you so much for this great review! Mike is a wonderful man and a talented plumber. Happy to say that this is our normal service quality. (but we sure love to hear them!)

Deb in Barrie
Deb in Barrie

Bathroom

Could not recommend them. Way to expensive for the service provided. The techincian was polite and did the required work. Had to push him to properly clean the drain Labour $ 274 and I suppiled all the parts for the toilet Labour $ 180 and service call $ 89 Called the office to inquire about the charges for future reference but they never bothered to return my call.

UPdate: 12 days have gone by and Deb has not responded to my request to contact me. We cannot locate her account as I still don't have her last name. I cannot investigate for her if I don't know who she is or who her tech was. If I gave someone a 2 out of 10 I'd persevere for satisfaction.

Hello Deb, this is Paddy at Harris Plumbing. Would you kindly contact me at 705-730-7950 to provide me with more details? If your service call was this past weekend and you called our office yesterday, we are closed Sunday and no one would have received your message until today. I want to look into this but need to determine who handled your call and exactly what he did (or did not do) for you. This is certainly not the type of experience we want anyone to have with us, nor is it the norm. I would like the opportunity to make it right with you. Please call me.

Matt in Toronto
Matt in Toronto

Emergency plumbing repairs

I had several burst water pipes during the cold snap so I called Harris to see if they could help. Our crawl space was flooded, and we were without water. Harris were busy with lots of call-outs but assured us they'd have someone out to us by end of day, even if it was after hours. Cameron called ahead to check in with us, showed up exactly when he said he would, fixed an awkward problem quickly, and was polite and helpful throughout. He also checked in with us again the following morning to make sure all the other pipes had thawed properly, and we didn't have any more problems.

Really excellent guy, and a credit to the company.

Hi Matt! Thank you for the great review! Yes that cold snap was a challenge for many people and sure kept us very busy. We are grateful for your kind words and it was a pleasure helping you with your stressful situation. Cameron is a wonderful man for sure and we are very proud to have him in our family.

Rick Chapman in Orillia
Rick Chapman in Orillia
1 review Orillia, ON

Deep-Well Pump Replacement - Job well done!

Hello Harris Team,
Just wanted to express my appreciation of the excellent work done by James and Nick at my daughter's home last week.

As you know the weather conditions were miserable, especially for a deep-well pump replacement job. James and Nick persevered in the bitter cold with amazing composure and patience as they solved problem after problem in getting the well-head open, in retrieving the tube and cable, in hauling up a surprisingly heavy old pump from 130', in preparing the wiring for the new pump (frequently with bare hands in the presence of a real danger of frostbite), in successfully installing the new pump and finishing the job. Most of the work was done by flashlight in darkness after sunset. Throughout this process James and Nick remained friendly and courteous at all times.

You can be very proud of the work they have done!
Sincerely,
Rick Chapman

P.S. Photo: "Crouching at well-head preparing wires for new pump"

Hello Rick! We very much appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful testimonial of our services and 2 of our incredibly dedicated plumbers. Everyone here at Harris Plumbing takes customer service very seriously. We know that mostly our jobs are cold, wet, uncomfortable and sometimes dark (and stinky) but that's how we roll.. always with a smile and a solution!! I'll be sure to pass along your kind comments to Jamie and Nick ~ it was our pleasure to serve you!

More about Harris Plumbing

At Harris Plumbing, family owned and operated since 1974, we offer a complete suite of professional residential, cottage and commercial plumbing services that really "raise the bar" in Newmarket, Aurora, Barrie, Huntsville and everywhere in between. We are 100% focused on Quality Workmanship & Customer Satisfaction.

For example: Your call is always answered by a real person - any day or night even on holidays. Our expert technicians are hand-picked - uniformed, drug free, highly trained, in fully stocked reliable trucks. This saves you time and money.

24/7 emergency services throughout York Region, Simcoe County and Muskoka. Professional, reliable services by licensed, local and insured craftsmen, we take pride in our work and will always respect your home, cottage and property.

Water softeners, water conditioning, iron removal - quality equipment made right here in Ontario, tank-less hot water plus hot water tanks, drain clearing and camera inspection service, main sewer drain replacement - both excavation and "trenchless". Fixture upgrades like toilets, showers, bathtubs, etc. We are a full licensed Well Contractor and Backflow Prevention Certified.

Cottage services: water treatment systems, renovations, upgrades, pump upgrades repair & replacement, septic treatments, complete or partial re-piping.

We are The Plumbers YOU Can Count On!

Plumbing, Drain Services, and Bathroom Renovation
Offering 24/7 emergency service, we bring a complete suite of professional plumbing services for your home, cottage and business. We use only high quality products with the best warranties. Our workmanship is perfection and we guarantee everything we do for you. Water treatment - Novo high quality softeners, UV, RO and all types of filtration systems. Navien tankless hot water systems and hot water tank replacement. Quality fixtures + faucets replacements, outside drain cleaning, repairs and replacements. Expert repairs inside and outside your home, office or cottage.
Drain clearing and camera inspection service, drain replacement. Bathroom, kitchen and laundry room upgrades. Cottage services: water treatment systems, renovations, upgrades, jet & submersible pump upgrades, repair & replacement, septic treatments, complete or partial re-piping. Expert drain cleaning and clearing, repairs and complete main drain replacements.
Toto, Grohe, Kohler, Moen, Novo, Navien, Bradford White, Maax, Mirolin, Lukx, Judo, Franke Kindred, Insinkerator, Myers, Hydromatic, BioSmart just to name a few
We pride ourselves on our efficient customer service and quality workmanship - right from your original call to our Client Care Coordinators, to the talented, highly trained technicians, to the birthday card for your hot water tank! As Harris Plumbing, we are.. The Plumbers YOU Can Count On! and we will work very hard to earn - and keep - your business.
1974
Cheque, cash, visa, m/c
Backflow Prevention, Master Plumbers, Well Contractor
Aurora Chamber of Commerce, Newmarket Chamber, BBB, Muskoka Lakes Chamber, Huntsville Chamber
$5M