Inexpensive Home Improvements

Reviews for Inexpensive Home Improvements

JW. Parkdale
JW. Parkdale

Floor leveling & build 3'x12' Flower box in front driveway

I hired Inexpensive home improvements to fix a bad job done by a previous contractor.
Inexpensive Home Improvements fixed the problem to my satisfaction. The floor is now level. And they completed the flower planter in the front driveway.

giulia in little italy
giulia in little italy

Roof repair

I hired this company to replace the roof on my home in Little Italy in July 2006. Their contract stipulated that they would remove existing shingles, supply and install new 25 year shingles, Supply and install 4 flat vents and 2 additional vents, Supply and install new flashings where required, Supply and install new metal valleys, and remove from site and dispose of all construction material.

The roof has been leaking in several places ever since. The roof never leaked before I replaced it, and I had already owned the home for six years at that point. I tried on numerous occasions to convince Garry Barnes, the owner, and his crew to return to the house to address the problems, and was told quite clearly to "stop calling them".

This was a huge learning experience for me, as I did not get a guarantee in writing that they would stand by their workmanship. So naturally, when it came time for them to do so, they did not choose to do the right thing. I have spent close to $10,000 since then in new roof repairs completed by a more reputable company with a solid contract in place. I would not recommend Garry Barnes or his company to anyone. They are sheisters.