Safe Homes Canada

Rodney Nelson in Toronto
Rodney Nelson in Toronto
1 review Midland, ON

Home Inspection

Andy was terrific. We hired him to do a home inspection prior to submitting our year end form to Tarion. He was very professional, thorough, and the report was easy to understand. He took the time to explain every aspect of the inspection. We recommend Andy very highly! We would give him an eleven if we could.

Thanks Rodney & Kathy

The biggest thank you to Kathy and Rod. What a joy to take care of you. My first 11 out of 10 rating!! It's like a world record!!! Amazing.

Yvonne in Scarborough
Yvonne in Scarborough
1 review Kawartha Lakes, ON

Home Inspection

Andrew is a very knowledgeable gentleman. He welcomes you to join him on his walk about and encourages you to ask questions and give input. Andrew made me feel welcome and comfortable in what is going to be my new home.
Like any other service you would purchase you need to read the contract. There are things that he does not do simply because it requires a specialty certification (septic, plumbing). So, remember to read your contract.
Andrew you were a joy to work with. I will recommend you to anybody and everyone.
Yvonne Guy and the gang

Thank you very much Yvonne. It was my pleasure. Minor clarification: we did inspect all aspects of the plumbing. The septic expert inspected the septic. Thanks again.

Chris in Bradford
Chris in Bradford
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Tarion 1 year inspection

I recently used Safe Homes Canada (Andy) for a Tarion One-Year Warranty submission.

Andy was energetic, knowledgeable, and professional. I especially appreciate that he welcomed me to accompany him for the entire inspection, providing insight to the items he was checking and anecdotes from his experience. I feel like I have a very good sense of what is good in my new home, what areas require the builders attention and support, and which areas I should monitor for maintenance!

Not only does Andy provide a detailed report with pictures, but he provides assurance that he is available to support should the builder dispute any of his findings or if any issues arise. While I thankfully have not needed to take him up on this offer, I feel assured by his offer!

Thank you sincerely Christian, for inviting me, and for your kind recommendation. All the best.

wayne cowan in Toronto
wayne cowan in Toronto
1 review Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Awesome Home Inspection Experience

First time home buyer , not knowing what to expect ...Andy was fantastic to deal with and was extremely knowledgeable. I feel at ease after getting Andy's detailedreport. I was very happy with the servcie from Andy and would highly recommend Andy for your home inspection work. Call act!

Sincere thanks Wayne. What a fun inspection!!

denispanariti in Toronto
denispanariti in Toronto
1 review Wasaga Beach, ON

Home Inspection

Andy was very professional, careful, detailed in his report and overall an absolute pleasure to work with. in fact shortly after my inpection i had referred a friend of mine to use him as the home inspector on a purchase he was making. highly recommend.

Thanks very much Denis!!!

Craig in Etobicoke
Craig in Etobicoke

Service above and beyond

I used Andy as my home inspector when purchasing a rental property in Barrie about 7 years ago. At the time, I thought he did a good job, but really didn't think much of it as I had no clue.

Fast forward 7 years.....I had a flood in the same home's basement and my insurance company denied my claim, stating seepage through the foundation as the cause. My realtor suggested we give Andy a call, and we looked up his inspection report from 7 years early. Andy had detailed that the foundation walls were way above average for the age of the home. He then offered to come over and do an inspection to give a second opinion on how the flood was caused.

Sure enough, my foundation walls were still perfect. The water had found its way in through a faulty window that needed to be replace. The great news was, my insurance claim was approved thanks to Andy's report stating that the flood came from the window and wasn't seepage.

Andy saved me over $10,000 and I'm very grateful for his service.

Thanks very much Craig!!!

Danny in Kitchener
Danny in Kitchener
1 review Barrie, ON

Home Inspection in Barrie

Andy from Safe Homes Canada did a very thorough job inspecting our prospective home. His approach is very pragmatic and structured in such a way that nothing is missed. He has a wealth of knowledge in home construction and maintenance and this allows him to readily identify what the potential pitfalls would be for a particular home.

His analysis and recommendations were thoughtful, complete and actionable. His report was very thorough and focused with pictures that clearly identified potential deficiencies and areas to watch for and maintain. On top of all this, Andy is very personable and is clearly passionate about what he does. I would certainly recommend Andy and Safe Homes Canada to others.

Thanks very much Danny!!!!!

The best Home Inspector I have hired

Safe Homes Canada was recommended by my agent. When I spoke to Andrew, he walked through what he would do, the cost and his timing.

I have had 3 home inspections done over the last several years and this is the first time that I received actionable advice in a format that was easy to understand.

The home inspection took a few hours and he walked me through every area and explained if it was an issue or not and even though the inspection happened in January, Andrew still went on the roof.

The report provided had pictures of the areas, clearly outlining whether it is a problem, not a problem or could be a problem in the future. The best thing about this report is that it is easy to reference 90 days later when I actually move. I would highly recommend talking to Safe Homes Canada as part of choosing a home inspector.

Thanks very much Donna!!!

Laurie
Laurie
1 review Collingwood, ON

Home Inspection

Andrew was excellent - very friendly, professional and took the time to explain things to me as he went along.

Thanks very much Laurie!!!

C in York
C in York

Detailed, Informative and Friendly Inspector

When purchasing my Century home Andy was recommended by my Realtor as a very good inspector and I did not regret choosing him. He was informative, detailed and friendly. As a first time home buyer he let me know everything about the features of a Century home in general and about my home in particular. He looked from the outside to the inside, from the bottom to the very top of the home describing as he went along what he saw, what was good and not good and making recommendations which were all in his equally detailed report. He looked at the structure, electrical, heating/ vents, water systems, appliances, etc. His friendly, knowledgeable and relaxed manner made me me feel comfortable and aware of what to expect with the home I was purchasing. Purchasing another home now, I knew I wanted to have Andy as my home inspector again. Once again he did not disappoint. He went up on a ladder, even in the winter to look at the roof, looked in the 2 attics and went into the crawlspace, where he found a major leak in a newly renovated home! He was informative including tips to make repairs inexpensively where possible. He made recommendations on how to handle serious and less serious repairs and also informed about the features of this particular home. The written report included pictures and all his recommendations which made the report user friendly. He was friendly and relaxed and seems to love what he does. The inspections do take some time to complete, but his friendly manner, information gained and attention to detail makes it all worth it. I would use him again.

Thank you sincerely for your kind review!!!

More about Safe Homes Canada

Safe Homes Canada Home Inspection is a civil-engineering-based home inspection company that has been committed to integrity and excellence for a quarter of a century.

In the home inspection industry there is a difference! All of our home and building inspectors are Civil Engineering or Architectural Technology graduates are also members of PHPIC (Professional Home and Property Inspectors of Canada). Our custom-typed reports are driven by and grounded in the vernacular of building sciences and are GUARANTEED.

We’re proud to offer the most qualified home inspectors in Ontario and the GTA!After each thorough, top to bottom home inspection we provide you with a custom home inspection report so you have a clear understanding of every point of the home inspection.

Forget about checkmarks and confusing builders’ codes…
Unlike many other home inspectors’ reports, a Safe Homes Canada home inspection report is written in common language and includes recommendations on what needs to be done to resolve any issues we find.

Don’t risk costly surprises when you buy your next home. Call Safe Homes Canada first!