Victory Carpentry

Reviews for Victory Carpentry

cybercrone in Dundas
cybercrone in Dundas

Basement stairs

The stairs to the basement of my old house were in a dangerous condition, and I wanted them to be stabilised and sanded and the old wood re-used.
The job was done smartly during a break in a larger project he had. The work was well-done and came in under estimate.
I've already asked him to do another job for me.

Thanks

HRS in East York
HRS in East York
1 review East York, ON

Front porch replacement

After watching Victory Carpentry build a new porch for a neighbour and friend, I contracted them to replace my own front porch. Although I had originally intended to replace the porch myself, seeing the professional job they did across the street easily changed my mind.

My old porch tied into a column that should have, but didn't, support my second story. Integrating a new, sound, supporting column into the porch, structurally and esthetically was key to the porch design and construction, and well beyond my personal ability.

Victory Carpentry did an exceptional job,with the many special touches that speak to the skill and experience of the lead carpenter Victor.

Corners are square, surfaces are level, pickets straight, railings sanded, stairs are comfortable and solid to walk up and down, the supporting column looks right - all in all a good job.

KG - LESLIEVILLE
KG - LESLIEVILLE

kitchen reno

Victory Carpentry completed gutted and rebuilt my kitchen last summer - it was a great experience. They were professional, understanding and the work was excellent...and my new kitchen is still a constant delight. I've recommended them to all my friends.

Thanks Karen

KT in Leslieville
KT in Leslieville

complete reno of main floor - down to studs

We gutted and redid the main floor of my house - removed walls, built walls, insulated, re-did the floors, etc. This was large project and I'm happy with the result. Victor was conscientious and diligent throughout; he's honest, shows up on time, cleans up the mess, and does what he says he will do. He had excellent suggestions that ultimately resulted in a better reno. He is very good at offering cost-saving alternatives, and can work with you to devise something that works well, looks good and is within your budget. He takes his work seriously, and will not stand for shoddy materials, or unprofessional work from the sub-trades. He's also very skilled at drawing on his large network of sub-trades and can manage to get them in and out of the project on schedule, often on short notice. On top of that, he's personable, keeps you informed as to what's going on, and is a pleasure to have around. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

TonyO
TonyO

french door installation

Victor had to re-set a crooked door jamb that had never actually held a door. He shimmed etc. until it was dead square. He then planed a few millimeters off the door, here and there, to set it perfectly. He even chiseled out the hinge areas to conform to the rounded shape of the hinges. He set the lock set and cleaned up after. Perfect job.
It took a bit longer than he expected, but he didn't ask for more cash. He just wanted it to be done right.

Thanks Tony

John and Leyla High Park
John and Leyla High Park

Porch/deck

We contracted Victor to build a first and second floor porch/deck.
His work was outstanding. and the result was a quality finish on time and on budget-no nickel and dime scrimping on materials and no "No Shows". So much so that we had him back to create a third floor walkout deck at the back of our house.
We couldn't be more satisfied and appreciative of the work and creative input from Victor. This is a Carpenter that cares about
his trade and his reputation.
Victor Rocks!

Thanks

Heather in Dufferin-Bloor area
Heather in Dufferin-Bloor area

Third floor deck

I contracted Victor and within a week he started the job, finished in three days, returning a few days later to make a complimentary bench. He paid a lot of attention to aesthetics and practical concerns such as leaving access to the door step which had leaked previously. I was impressed at his great ideas on how to make things work well and look great. Clean, fast, aesthetically pleasing, practical and a nice guy. Reasonable price.

Thanks Heather

More about Victory Carpentry

Welcome to Victory Carpentry. We offer general contracting services with a focus on medium sized projects (20k-250k). We provide the full scope of renovations to your existing house from full reconstruction to additions and project management from design to completion including all sub-trades. We also do landscaping, floating decks and stone work. Contact us today for to schedule an appointment with us.