Victory Carpentry

Reviews for Victory Carpentry

Howard Buckley from Toronto
Howard Buckley from Toronto

2nd-Storey Walk-out Deck Replacement

Had a great experience using Victory Carpentry to build a 2nd storey walk-out deck! An existing deck had to be demolished because the flat roof underneath had to be replaced. Victor quoted a fair price to replace the deck. He took great care to properly assess the flat roof conditions in order to design the deck to be structurally sound and allow for water drainage underneath the deck. Victor was able to work around the roofer’s schedule, which was delayed several times due to inclement weather. He completed the deck construction amazingly fast in less than three days! The job site was kept clean during and after completion of the deck. Victor also patched a hole in the ceiling below the flat roof caused by the roofer accidentally stepping on the exposed ceiling from above. The finished product is far superior to the deck it replaced...it looks great and will provide many years of enjoyment!

Always a pleasure working for you

Katy from Toronto
Katy from Toronto
1 review Old Toronto, ON

Back deck/stairs

I would highly recommend Victor. He and his colleague (Pete) built our back deck during probably the hottest week of the summer. They took great care with every part of the project and were creative (added in a lovely seating area) and paid great attention to details. We will definitely be getting them back to build our front porch next spring. Highly recommended.

Thanks Katy

Cathy Mann from Toronto
Cathy Mann from Toronto

Renovation of third floor attic into office and rec space

My home office was in the attic. It was dark and unusable for 5 months of the year: too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. After spending half of the last 5 years working from our dining room table, it was time to turn the attic into a proper office and recreation space. Victory Carpentry was amazing: they tore it down to the bare bones, insulated the walls and ceiling, ensuring the shared wall with our neighbour was both sound-proofed and fire-proof. Our 120 year old house posed some challenges to ensure the 2x4's in walls and ceilings were flush to permit the dry wall to be mounted with straight lines and well-defined angles. (Did I mention that the peaked roof means there are lots of angled ceilings in the attic?)

Victor was great about making suggestions to enhance the design we had given him. The space is much more open and brighter thanks to some of his ideas and he found and built additional storage space for us we had not anticipated.

Each of his sub-contractors were friendly, knowledgeable and extremely competent. As someone who worked from home throughout the process, I met and chatted with everyone who came to what was a work site for them. However, they were mindful that their work site was both my home and workplace. Despite doing work that generated all kinds of dust and debris, you could hardly tell in the rest of the house that we were demolishing and rebuilding the third floor of our home. Victor made sure it was clean and dust free.

Victor seems to truly care about delivering quality work. His pride in his work is evident and it has resulted in a space we love spending time in!

Karen Berger from Scarborough
Karen Berger from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

home renovation

Victory Carpentry (Victor Nichols) was recommended by our real estate/property manager for renovations to my parents 63 year old custom home. The company name does not describe his many skills besides fine carpentry. This job was challenging from day one as nothing in the house is standard and it required creative, aesthetic solutions at every turn. His work included carpentry, matching and staining new wood to match old, painting, dry wall, ceiling replacement, locating and repairing roof leaks (to an aluminum roof!), evestroughing, tile, and foundation work. Carpeting and floor work, electrical, and plumbing were also needed and he brought in his own contacts for this. He was always easy to reach, and easy to work with. We were very grateful as we live out of town and were able to give him the key and look after everything. And of course, the house looks GREAT.

Christine Ross in Toronto
Christine Ross in Toronto

Second floor bedrooms (3) renovation

I would HIGHLY recommend Victory Carpentry to anyone looking for quality work and great professionalism.
Victor and his crew are polite, on-time and very hard workers. He is a perfectionist and gets the job done right EVERY time. Vicor is easy to work with and i love that he stands by his work 100%. If you are not happy, he will make it right.
Victor also tries his utmost to stay as close to any job estimate as possible.
I have nothing but good things to say about Victory Carpentry and will use them for ANY future work I need done.
You really cant go wrong with Victory Carpentry for good, old fashioned quality workmanship and fair pricing.

Thanks appreciate it

Shane
Shane

Complete Bathroom Reno and Kitchen Ceiling lighting install.

We live in a beach home that is 110 yrs old. Victor was clear in keeping with the design of the home and understanding our attention to detail.
He and his team came every day. We admired his ability to concentrate on our project, meet our needs and his keen attention to detail His workmanship is outstanding. He was concerned about the cleanliness and safety of the work environment and we trusted him in our home completely.Victor has a strong team that works with him - electricians, plumbers, tilers, carpenters (and Peter). Victor coordinates the team with expertise. We would highly recommend Victor for any home reno project. We are already wanting him to do more!!!!

Thank you Karen and Shane ?

Sandy Kline in Toronto
Sandy Kline in Toronto

I Love My New Deck

Victory Carpentry did an excellent job from start to finish building me a new deck on my 3rd floor. Great design ideas, excellent carpentry, on time and a reasonable price. Victor is a great guy to deal with. Don't hesitate!

Thanks

Victoria Wilcox in East york
Victoria Wilcox in East york
2 reviews East York, ON

replacing front porch and steps; replacing bathroom floor, subfloor and tiles plus installing new low-flow toilet

Victor gave a clear and understandable outline of what needed to be done and how much it would cost. I couldn't be there during the project, and when I came back I was thrilled with the design,. the quality of the workmanship and the neatness if the site.

Victor and his assistant Kirsten had gone to a great deal of trouble to adjust the height of the handrail on the front steps to suit both the code and my disability, and the results were outstanding. They had also made excellent choices in the tiles and the toilet, especially given that they had to work within my relatively modest budget.

The job came in under budget and under estimate, and I feel that I got outstandingly good value. I have already recommended Victory Carpentry to several friends and will definitely continue to do so!

Thanks

Sachin  in North york
Sachin in North york
1 review NORTH YORK, ON

Structural Alterations and Framing

Victor was a great carpenter for my project. He helped me open up the area in my dining room by removing the main support and replacing it with LVL's. Then he vaulted the ceiling in my kitchen/living room area and upstairs hallway. He framed in 3 skylights and built a couple of benches in my showers. And he did some basic framing. The quality of work was really good but the best part was that he showed up every single day at 8:00 in the morning. Without fail. This is unbelievable value when working on a renovation. I would definitely recommend his work if you have anything with woodwork to do.

Ignacio in Toronto
Ignacio in Toronto

Consultation on Kitchen Island Disassemby, Removal of Doors and Windows to Allow Delivery Thereof

I needed to get an 8'5" by 4' by 36" kitchen counter/island/worktable into my condo despite small doors and Victor was a great addition to the team. He assessed the integrity of the table, recommended a specific series of drills and cuts such that the table could be reassembled once inside, warned me of the risks, and even came up with an alternative solution to get the table into my condo without cutting it. He helped me to disassemble my patio and main condo doors as well as to eventually cut out a window such that we could get it in without having to cut it.
He was professional, knowledgeable, and friendly, and I could not recommend him more wholeheartedly!

Hey Ignacio, thank you for the opportunity. It was interesting, and fun. If you ever need me for anything else, just call.

Victor

More about Victory Carpentry

Welcome to Victory Carpentry. We offer general contracting services with a focus on medium sized projects (20k-250k). We provide the full scope of renovations to your existing house from full reconstruction to additions and project management from design to completion including all sub-trades. We also do landscaping, floating decks and stone work. Contact us today for to schedule an appointment with us.