Carpenters

Reviews for Victory Carpentry

David in Toronto
David in Toronto

Front Porch Rebuild

I hired Victor after getting quotes from several contractors, and some of the key reasons I hired him were his honest, transparent approach to quoting me and the way he showed that he 'got' my vision for the job and wanted to make sure he got the details right.

Well am I ever happy I did. What started out as refacing the front of my house and replacing just the railing on my porch, turned into a much bigger job. Unlike the quotes from other carpenters, Victor had forewarned me right from the start that there was no telling what the porch might look like when demo started on the covered railings, and that there was a chance it could turn into a bigger job than expected. He explained how costs could look under different circumstances, so that I knew what I was getting into before it was too late to turn back from the start of demo.

Sure enough, the old railing was covered in aluminum sheeting, and when demo started it turned out the sheeting was hiding a rotting wood porch structure badly in need of replacement. Victor showed me where the wood was rotting so I could see the issue firsthand. Even though it turned into a replacement of the entire porch structure rather than just the railings, Victor was honest and transparent every step of the way, so I knew where every extra dollar was going. His crew was also very professional and easy to get along with, making the whole job a pleasant experience.

The results are stunning, and now I know the porch structure will be secure for decades to come. The front of the house was beautifully refaced in cedar shake siding, and the porch design is exactly what I'd envisioned. We've been getting complements from all of our friends, neighbours and even random passers-by for the quality of Victor and his team's workmanship.

I would highly recommend Victor and his team for any job, big or small (and especially small jobs that could become big, like mine did!)

Thanks David & Wade for the great review!
You guys are great to work with “
Looking forward to working with you guys again.

Geoff
Geoff

Front and back porch repair

I hired Victor to repair our front and back porches, including the installation of some customized millwork (curved rails and curved spindles), replacing stairs and straight rails, as well as rotted floor boards. Victor and his crew did a fantastic job. Carpentry requires a good amount of planning, revising, replanting all before the wood is cut, and you could see Victor working it out, making sure it was done right and done well. I was particularly pleased with the front stair and stair rail installation, which looks attractive even though we had not yet stained and painted it. He was also sure to cost necessary parts in wood preservative, primed the pine, and leave the treated lumber to set for the winter. Schedule-wise, he also worked with us - he got the back porch done, but the millwork set us back 3 months, and he worked out his schedule so he could get it done before these fall rains. Thank you, Victor, Jake and Matt!

I thanks Geoffrey and family!
Looking forward to working with you again
Cheers.

Brian in Toronto
Brian in Toronto

Kitchen & Bathroom Plus More

We had an excellent experience with Victory Carpentry. Victor and his crew saved our bacon when our original contractor vanished 6 weeks before company arrived for our daughter’s wedding leaving several parts of the renovation partially completed. Victory arrived as scheduled and did an excellent job as they worked through the items that needed to be completed e.g. tile / grout, drywall taping, painting, plumbing, cabinet / fixture installation, door installation, stair tread / riser installation, etc. Victor also brought in an excellent mason to correct some absolutely dreadful “brick work” the original contractor had done. Victory’s workmanship and professionalism is outstanding, and they got us across the finish line with a week to spare before the wedding. I cannot say enough good things about this company. I will definitely use them again in the future.

Thanks Brian and Joanne ! it was a pleasure working on your home cheers .

Addition to cabana with a planter box and a cabinet inside cabana

We had an excellent experience with Victory Carpentry. Victor and his crew really know how to treat their customers. Their workmanship and professionalism is excellent. I was impressed with Victor's great design ideas and his attention to detail. He was also very fair with his quote and reliable with his timing. I cannot say enough good things about this company. I will definitely use them again in the future!

Thanks we enjoyed doing the job for you cheers

Rasekh in Richmond Hill
Rasekh in Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Front porch post repair

I had some posts that were badly in need of repair, one of them nearly coming lose and falling over...this was a huge hazard and potential serious accident waiting to happen. Called Victor and explained the situation. Even though it wasn’t a big job, he squeezed in some time out of his booked schedule to come by and do the repairs. I found him easy to work with, very skilled and knowledgeable as well as trustworthy. He gave me a fair price and did a great job. I highly recommend him!

Thanks Rasekh

Don A. in Scarborough
Don A. in Scarborough

Entrance stairs

Contacted Victor to see if he would remove and install a set of stairs to our side entrance.
When we contacted him, he was able to visit us to assess our current situation and in doing so, was able to remove our old stairs in preparation of installing our new ones, that very day!
When the new stairs arrive, he installed them as well as installing extra finishing trim.
Victor paid particular attention when installing the stairs to ensure they were properly aligned to the flooring on the main level of the house.

We are very pleased with the workmanship and care that was taken to ensure we we’re completely satisfied.

Thanks please don't hesitate to call us again

Excellent!

I needed a company to assemble an ikea sofa bed in a 2 day window for my 89 year old dad who lives in his own home. I live in another province so I just googled and this option came up. Victor from Victory was a complete professional from my first contact with him till the job ended. He met my timeframe, arrived on schedule, worked as promised, charged me what he quoted, and let me know when it was done. My dad said that he "couldn't have been nicer". I'm very grateful and wanted to write a review because of it.

Thank you for the great review if you ever need us again please don't hesitate

Aaron
Aaron

Kitchen reno, French Doors & installation of backyard shed

Upon moving into our new home we wanted to make a few upgrades: 1) full renovation of kitchen; 2) replace sliding doors to back patio with French doors; 3) build a shed in the backyard for bicycles. Our real estate agent recommended Victor of Victory Carpentry. We gave him a call.

We decided to go with him. Victor and his direct team did a very good job with everything they undertook. In addition, for things they don't do (eg gas, electricity, french doors) Victor has a great extended team to call on. Solid performance. We would go with him and his team again. (Approximate cost provided includes all expenses cost of new appliances, doors, lights, painting, etc).

Thanks Aaron and Giselle it's great working for you cheers .

Front Porch

At the risk of writing a generic Home Stars review, Victor and his team at Victory Carpentry did an excellent job on our front porch. Victor is a craftsman and a perfectionist. They were very professional and courteous throughout the construction. The unexpected problems and inevitable delays which arise on every construction project (in our case it was an unsupported supporting pillar) were fully explained, addressed immediately, and the expectations were managed appropriately. Victor was also knowledgeable and helpful in providing design advice and managing the project. Most importantly, Victor and his team were great people to have around during the project.

IThanks Cathy and Todd for letting us work on your project cheers

John T. from Toronto
John T. from Toronto

Patio/deck

Victor and his team replaced the patio/deck at the front of my house with pine planking. Victor was helpful and always efficient. They did a nice job, showing attention to detail. The project was completed on time and as described.

Thanks John

More about Victory Carpentry

Welcome to Victory Carpentry. We offer general contracting services with a focus on medium sized projects (20k-250k). We provide the full scope of renovations to your existing house from full reconstruction to additions and project management from design to completion including all sub-trades. We also do landscaping, floating decks and stone work. Contact us today for to schedule an appointment with us.