PTR Carpentry Inc.

Carpenters
3077 Woodward Ave Burlington ON
HomeStars  >  Carpenters in Vaughan  >  PTR Carpentry Inc.

Reviews for PTR Carpentry Inc.

Custom home

Possibly the best framers around.
If your framing is bang on, everything else becomes more seamless and cost efficient.
That is what I got with PTR. I had numerous compliments from other trades on how good the framing was. Windows were dead centre, studs were exactly every 16". Even the city inspectors were impressed.
They made easy work of framing my home (which had a seminal complicated roof line.
PTR stayed in communication, helped me order materials to keep the job moving, and worked through some really poor winter /spring weather.

And their prices were inline with everyone else, but with better service.

I would not hesitate to recommend them

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my company Brian. It was a pleasure working with you on this house and your hospitality was greatly appreciated.
It makes me happy to hear that our work was complimented by other trades and the inspectors.
I hope you are enjoying your new home, all the best, Paul

Chris & Sarah in Old Toronto
Chris & Sarah in Old Toronto

Best framers to deal with

Our original framers bailed on us leaving us without bulkheads a week before our drywall was scheduled to start. I reached out to Paul at PTR with an SOS on a Friday night. He responded right away and immediately lined up a couple of his guys to help me out before my drywall deadline. The two guys showed up as scheduled, on time. They were fast, efficient framers and polite and respectful while on the job.

The next day Paul reached out to me to make sure everything went well and to make sure I was satisfied with the work. Super customer service.

I'll be hiring PTR in a few years when we're ready for our 3rd floor expansion. I've had a lot of trouble finding good, reliable framers. This company is fabulous!

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share these kind words Sarah. I am constantly hearing about how hard it is to find reliable trades that deliver quality work.
At PTR, it is our priority to do what what we say we will do and to deliver on time as promised. I'm glad that we were able to help with the completion of the framing and keep your drywall guys on schedule.
All the best with the rest of the work. Paul.

Dave in Toronto
Dave in Toronto

New Build in Etobicoke

We were in need of a framing crew for a difficult multi-level split custom home build, as our long-time framer retired, and his crew went their separate ways. I found PTR Carpentry via. a quick google search, followed by reading these very comments, and lastly an Instagram follow up. From that point forward, it was smooth sailing. Paul and his crew were a joy to work with - they started when they said they would, were on site everyday, finished their obligation on time, and handed the site back to us clean from all debris with remaining lumber neatly stacked.
Finding someone to hold true to their commitment from start to finish, along with providing exceptional work quality at a reasonable price is not easy, and they do all of this with ease!

If you’re on here looking for a framer like I was, no need to keep looking – the search ends with these guys!

Thanks again,
Dave

Thank you for this great review Dave. It was a please working with you on this project. At PTR we always strive to provide the best service possible and leave a great impression that lasts long after we have left the site. We would be happy to work with you and your company again so if there is anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to call me. Paul.

Melody S
Melody S

Addition of a House

We have hired PTR for our home addition project in July. As home owners, this is our very first project. We knew the importance of having a good framing team. After talking to many framing companies, we had decided to give the job to Paul, which is the besr decision we have made.

We had no clue or knowledge about structure and framing. Working with Paul, we were comfortable to give the entire work to him and had more time to plan for our next steps. We did not have to worry that something would go wrong with them.

Matt and Paul are very open to communicate with us about any structural issue in the house since we have an old fundation. They gave us headsup about what would happen and solutions to solve problems.

They are patient to any questions we ask and replied our text messages fast. They really do their best to make clients happy. Yes, after dealing with many trades for this project, we can tell who really cares.

We will strongly recommend them to our friends and any home owners who are new to construction. Working with PTR, you really won't have headach or waste your time to worry about how your house' frame will be done.

Thank you for finding the time in your busy schedule to share your thoughts Melody. Detailed reviews like this, help others when looking for trusted professionals.
I am very happy that we were able to fit your job into our busy schedule and get you moving in the right direction. If there is anything else you need, you know where to find me. Paul

Joe in Toronto
Joe in Toronto

new construction in Etobicoke

Paul was wonderful, caring and exceeded in customer service. His crew consisted of Matt, Jay, Mike, Nate, Steve and another Mike. Well all I heard for weeks was Matt, Matt, Matt. Matt and the others were and are amazing carpenters. Joe (my husband) is so honored to have this wonderful crew work on our home. Detailed, perfectionists and a true love for their craft. Work was done in a timely, organized and efficient manner. Thank you to the team for all your hard work! Joe and Lisa

Thank you for this fantastic review Lisa. It was a pleasure working for you and Joe.
PTR Carpentry strives to provide every customer with a stress free build and a quality house that we are proud to put our name on.
If there is anything that you need please don't hesitate to contact me. Paul

ayresdave
ayresdave

New custom home build

I was pointed in PTR's direction by a friend who hires them frequently for custom homes. He set lofty expectations and Paul and his crew met them overwhelmingly. His prices were very reasonable and his crew met our very tight timeline with no problem. Even the hand cut roof was done to perfection. Every little detail was thought of. The day after they completed the framing we had our roofer do a site visit and even he was amazed at the quality of work.

Paul was very personable as well as his crew. He even took the time to aide us in some design elements and was very helpful troubleshooting issues.

Will hire again with pleasure!

Thanks for the quick turnaround with writing this review Dave, I know it's a busy time for you and Catalina. It was a pleasure building your house and we are happy that we met your timeline.
PTR Carpentry strives to deliver quality service at a fair price but we will never compromise on workmanship.
All the best with the new arrival! Paul

2 reviews Niagara Falls, ON

Deck -- 8 ft High

My wife and I almost never do reviews, probably this is our first one, however this time we were so impressed by the professionalism, speed and skills of Paul Richardson and his team ( PTR Carpentry ) that we think it is worth writing a word of appreciation and helping other homeowners complete their projects by using a trustworthy contractor, which we can tell from our own experience it is hard to find.

The project :

8ft high deck attached to a raised bungalow - approx. 400 sq. feet including stairs with a landing platform in the middle ( 6 steps + 5 steps = total 11 steps ).

Structure - Pressure Treated
Decking + railing : Cedar
Waterproofing under decking created another space below the deck of more than 200 sq. ft.

Project was completed in time and we also appreciated great customer service from Paul and his employees.
They were always starting work at the same time every day and did not leave the site until the work for that day was completed !

Many thanks Paul and team !

Much appreciated,

Stefan

Thank you for taking the time to write our 200th review Stefan, your time is much appreciated. Your deck looks fantastic, we only hope you get the opportunity to enjoy it! Paul.

Rob In Toronto
Rob In Toronto

Interior Framing

We contacted Paul to do interior framing on one of our projects. The framing included full basement, removing/adding walls on a main floor to reconfigure a kitchen and bathroom as well as adding and reworking some walls on the second floor to accommodate a new bedroom, master bath and closet. Paul and his crew were excellent. They handled the entire project with total ease. Even when our client asked for changes to already framed walls, Paul and his crew completed everything with total professionalism. They were reasonably priced and completed the project on time. To say we are satisfied with their work would be an understatement. Put simply, they were fantastic!

It was an absolute pleasure working with the both of you on this project. Your hospitality was above and beyond anything that is expected from a customer/contractor. The house will look fantastic when you are finished there and myself and the guys were happy that we were able to help.
Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we look forward to working with you again in the future. Paul.

Vinny Forte from Toronto
Vinny Forte from Toronto
1 review Acton, ON

Second floor addition (Halton Hills)

We were in need of a carpenter to complete a second floor addition,
Paul from PTR Carpentry was able to work with our schedule to complete the work on-time.
Paul and his crew were professional and knowledgeable about all aspects of the rebuild. Paul also managed to save us money,
by catching a design problem regarding the roof trusses that were already order.
Paul and his crew are friendly, professional and true to his word.
If anyone would ask me what carpentry crew to use, I would simply say PTR Carpentry....professional...experts....knowledgeable...and
true to his word.
Paul.

Thank you for taking the time to write this complimentary review Vinny. We try our best to continually deliver high quality work and service and it pleases me to see that we succeeded on your project. We all had a great time working on this second floor addition and learning a few new things along the way. We look forward to a long relationship with your company in the years to come.
Paul

Julie in Burlington
Julie in Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Dormer Window

I found Paul at PTR Carpentry INC on the Homestars website and after reading the outstanding reviews, didn't hesitate to contact him. This review is no different. Paul was able to do what other contractors couldn't, building us a new large dormer window for an upstairs bedroom. Paul and his crew member Steve were professional, reliable, punctual and the quality of workmanship was excellent. From start to finish the job moved quickly and smoothly. I couldn't be happier with the work and would highly recommend Paul for your next project. Thank you Paul.

It was a pleasure working for you Julie and I'm very happy to hear that you are pleased with the new dormer.
At PTR we quite often find ourselves doing work that others say can't be done, anything can be done if you get the right people to do it!
Thanks for the kind words and for your business, if you need anything else you know where to find me. Paul.

More about PTR Carpentry Inc.

I have over 19 years experience in all areas of structural framing including second floor additions, basement framing, decks, new roof dormers, hand-cut roofs, levelling of floors, structural repairs, removing structural walls.
Unfortunately we do not do finish carpentry. This would include, door and window replacement, the installation of crown moulding, baseboard, doors, hardwood floors, built-in furniture and kitchens etc.
We are committed to doing the job right the first time and we achieve this by only doing work that we are qualified to do.
We constantly assist our customers with their projects long after we leave, this is why PTR Carpentry Inc has never had an unhappy customer and why we continue to maintain a perfect 10 rating.
I am a member of the Advisory Board for Jim Caruk's Renovation Contractor Magazine.
I also offer project management & structural assessments of houses. Whether you are in need of a second opinion, confirmation that ongoing work is being performed correctly or just need to find out the best way to approach a project. I can guide you through your project if you decide to be your own GC at a very reasonable rate, email for more details or send drawings to [email protected]