PTR Carpentry Inc.

Carpenters
3077 Woodward Ave Burlington ON
HomeStars  >  Carpenters in Vaughan  >  PTR Carpentry Inc.

Reviews for PTR Carpentry Inc.

Belley Renovations Inc.
Belley Renovations Inc.
4 reviews Burlington, ON

Framing for second floor and roof

Paul and his crew are an absolute pleasure to work with. When renovating, we look for people who are responsive, proactive and professional and PTR fits the bill. We have just finished framing for a second floor addition (1500sqft) with a whole new roof on our job and are very impressed. This was not an easy job (old house, lots of problems) but PTR are a crew of highly skilled carpenters and their experience is obvious from the get go.

Paul was able to to come up with a number of solutions to a complex framing job. He was able to save us time, money and material in doing so and the solution he proposed was far better than the original which saved us adding a number of support posts on the main floor. He was able to deal with the engineer and city to ensure that all adjustments were approved and the whole thing went smoothly.

PTR are the guys you go to when you need the job done right the first time around. Priced competitively for the quality of service, experience and workmanship. Paul is a breeze to deal with, communication on point and you never need to follow up with him as he's already 3 steps ahead.
Thanks guys for a job well done!

Thank you for this awesome review guys! It was a pleasure working with you and we are happy that we were able to assist with the challenges of this project.
I hope that the rest of this job goes well and if I can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to call. Paul

nash in Burlington
nash in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

Custom Home Build

Paul and his team were absolutely exceptional! I sent my request for a job late one evening and Paul responded to me within minutes and got a quote for me shortly afterwards. He and his team built my entire home and garage within our timeline with no problem. His prices were very reasonable and every little detail was done to perfection. Paul and his team are by far the best carpenters I have met in my life. Even other contractors that were working on the home complemented his work. Paul's competence, communication, hard work, efficiency, responsiveness, and noticeable experience and knowledge in the industry really stood out to my family and I. I am extremely happy with the quality of work Paul provided for us. Our overall experience was great and I highly recommend PTR Carpentry.

Thank you for taking the time to write this flattering review Nash. It was a pleasure working for you on this project. Your house is looking great and I'm sure that you and your family will love your new home. All the best, Paul.

DouglasTui in Brampton
DouglasTui in Brampton

full 2 story home framing

The boys at PTR were amazing they completed full framing of my home in 3 weeks. Exceptional work and the whole team was a class act.

Thank you PTR for all your hard work.

Thanks for finding the time to write a review Doug. It was a pleasure working with you on your house and we look forward to another project in the future. Paul

Jeff Lewis
Jeff Lewis
1 review Hamilton, ON

Demolition of Existing Roof/Ceiling/Floor/Walls and Third Storey Addition Plus, Plus

Paul responded to my initial inquiry within 20 minutes and provided a quote based on my Plans and Scope of Work the same day. We met and in short order inked a deal with a firm start and end date. Paul's professionalism, communication skills, obvious experience and industry knowledge made the decision easy for my wife and me. Paul and his talented Crew, Mike, Steve and Nate arrived as promised and ready to work everyday until the job was completed. As is my experience, there's always tweaks to make during a major renovation project and Paul and his Crew accommodated without missing a beat. The site was kept safe, clean and organized setting the bar extremely high for following Trades. We are extremely happy with the quality of work and our overall experience and highly recommend PTR Carpentry.

Thank you for finding the time to share your experiences with my company Jeff. It was a pleasure working with you on your house and we all appreciated your hospitality.
We look forward to working with you again.
All the best, Paul.

Tonia Aucoin in Toronto
Tonia Aucoin in Toronto

Amazing Addition at the Front of Our House

Having Paul and his crew at our house was a completely stress free experience. We hired Paul to take apart our existing front porch and rebuild an enclosed porch. The drawings that Paul had to work with were limited so he had to make decisions about what to do and not rely on our drawings. Paul communicated with us throughout the process as to what he thought would be best. When the City of Toronto inspector came to inspect the work he was so impressed by the workmanship. He actually told us that the framing and support for our addition exceeded his expectations.

Paul is reliable, competent and his pricing is competitive. He met with us twice to discuss our project and followed through with everything as we discussed. In fact our final bill ended being a little less than estimated Seriously when does that happen? We are so thankful that Paul came to do this for us (not as big as his other jobs). Paul as his crew are wonderful and I highly recommend them for your framing needs. Just get on the phone with them ASAP because they are busy! Thanks Paul.

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review about my company Tonia. It was a pleasure working for you and I’m happy we were able to keep within your budget.
The porch will look amazing once it’s finished and if there’s anything else I can do to help please do not hesitate to contact me. Paul

Nikmic in Toronto
Nikmic in Toronto
3 reviews , ON

On time and fantastic work even after an ice storm

Renovations are stressful but working with companies like PTR headed by Paul, makes it so much easier.

I contacted PTR to frame our recently underpinned basement. When the ice storm hit on the weekend this April 16th, I thought for sure they might cancel or at least show up late. But they were right on time ready to tackle the job.

I was blown away by their workmanship. We have a 120 year old home with all its qwerks, unleveled ceilings, awkward placed windows, etc but PTR walked me through everything and completed the job on time and exactly for the price quoted. I couldn't be more pleased and would not hesitate to recommend Paul and PTR in a heartbeat.

Nicole

Thank you for these kind words Nicole. I'm happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. If I can be of any assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact me. Paul

Custom home

Possibly the best framers around.
If your framing is bang on, everything else becomes more seamless and cost efficient.
That is what I got with PTR. I had numerous compliments from other trades on how good the framing was. Windows were dead centre, studs were exactly every 16". Even the city inspectors were impressed.
They made easy work of framing my home (which had a seminal complicated roof line.
PTR stayed in communication, helped me order materials to keep the job moving, and worked through some really poor winter /spring weather.

And their prices were inline with everyone else, but with better service.

I would not hesitate to recommend them

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my company Brian. It was a pleasure working with you on this house and your hospitality was greatly appreciated.
It makes me happy to hear that our work was complimented by other trades and the inspectors.
I hope you are enjoying your new home, all the best, Paul

Chris & Sarah in Old Toronto
Chris & Sarah in Old Toronto

Best framers to deal with

Our original framers bailed on us leaving us without bulkheads a week before our drywall was scheduled to start. I reached out to Paul at PTR with an SOS on a Friday night. He responded right away and immediately lined up a couple of his guys to help me out before my drywall deadline. The two guys showed up as scheduled, on time. They were fast, efficient framers and polite and respectful while on the job.

The next day Paul reached out to me to make sure everything went well and to make sure I was satisfied with the work. Super customer service.

I'll be hiring PTR in a few years when we're ready for our 3rd floor expansion. I've had a lot of trouble finding good, reliable framers. This company is fabulous!

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to share these kind words Sarah. I am constantly hearing about how hard it is to find reliable trades that deliver quality work.
At PTR, it is our priority to do what what we say we will do and to deliver on time as promised. I'm glad that we were able to help with the completion of the framing and keep your drywall guys on schedule.
All the best with the rest of the work. Paul.

Dave in Toronto
Dave in Toronto

New Build in Etobicoke

We were in need of a framing crew for a difficult multi-level split custom home build, as our long-time framer retired, and his crew went their separate ways. I found PTR Carpentry via. a quick google search, followed by reading these very comments, and lastly an Instagram follow up. From that point forward, it was smooth sailing. Paul and his crew were a joy to work with - they started when they said they would, were on site everyday, finished their obligation on time, and handed the site back to us clean from all debris with remaining lumber neatly stacked.
Finding someone to hold true to their commitment from start to finish, along with providing exceptional work quality at a reasonable price is not easy, and they do all of this with ease!

If you’re on here looking for a framer like I was, no need to keep looking – the search ends with these guys!

Thanks again,
Dave

Thank you for this great review Dave. It was a please working with you on this project. At PTR we always strive to provide the best service possible and leave a great impression that lasts long after we have left the site. We would be happy to work with you and your company again so if there is anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to call me. Paul.

Melody S
Melody S

Addition of a House

We have hired PTR for our home addition project in July. As home owners, this is our very first project. We knew the importance of having a good framing team. After talking to many framing companies, we had decided to give the job to Paul, which is the besr decision we have made.

We had no clue or knowledge about structure and framing. Working with Paul, we were comfortable to give the entire work to him and had more time to plan for our next steps. We did not have to worry that something would go wrong with them.

Matt and Paul are very open to communicate with us about any structural issue in the house since we have an old fundation. They gave us headsup about what would happen and solutions to solve problems.

They are patient to any questions we ask and replied our text messages fast. They really do their best to make clients happy. Yes, after dealing with many trades for this project, we can tell who really cares.

We will strongly recommend them to our friends and any home owners who are new to construction. Working with PTR, you really won't have headach or waste your time to worry about how your house' frame will be done.

Thank you for finding the time in your busy schedule to share your thoughts Melody. Detailed reviews like this, help others when looking for trusted professionals.
I am very happy that we were able to fit your job into our busy schedule and get you moving in the right direction. If there is anything else you need, you know where to find me. Paul

More about PTR Carpentry Inc.

ptrcarpentry@gmail.com

I have over 19 years experience in all areas of structural framing including custom homes, additions, new second floor additions, basement framing, decks, new roof dormers, hand-cut roofs, levelling of floors, structural repairs, removing structural walls.

Unfortunately we do not do finish carpentry. This would include, door and window replacement, the installation of crown moulding, baseboard, doors, hardwood floors, built-in furniture and kitchens etc.

We are committed to doing the job right the first time and we achieve this by only doing work that we are qualified to do.
We constantly assist our customers with their projects long after we leave, this is why PTR Carpentry Inc has never had an unhappy customer and why we continue to maintain a perfect 10 rating.
I have completed several jobs for Mike Holmes and I am a member of the Advisory Board for Jim Caruk's Renovation Contractor Magazine.
I also offer project management & structural assessments of houses. Whether you are in need of a second opinion, confirmation that ongoing work is being performed correctly or just need to find out the best way to approach a project. I can guide you through your project if you decide to be your own GC at a very reasonable rate, email for more details or send drawings to ptrcarpentry@gmail.com