Cabinet Refinishers

Best of 2018 winner 2 timesBest of 2018winner 2 times

Reviews for Cabinet Refinishers

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Cabinet Refinishing

Bought a condo and the kitchen needed a face lift. Greg refinished the kitchen cabinets and kitchen looks like new with white cabinets,
thanks to Greg and his team. See pictures of old and new.

Thanks for the review J.
Looking forward to working together again.

Adrian in Richmond Hill
Adrian in Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Kitchen cabinet refinish

We hired Greg & Co. to repaint/repair our kitchen cabinets, to prepare our house for sale. He quoted the job based on photos of our kitchen. We agreed on price, approach and schedule. His staff (his sons) and himself were punctual and very professional. We were also impressed with Greg's communication skills and eloquence. Soon, we were sharing life stories... yes, I know Greg, that cut a bit into your working time... :-)
The quality of the job was impressive - our kitchen looks like new. As added value, they fixed dings in the adjacent walls, to make the kitchen spotless all around. They also showed us ways to add soft closing mechanisms to our doors, which we purchased and they installed.
On top of all this, I purchased a new dishwasher that was arriving after the refinishing was done. During the dishwasher installation, I damaged the toe-kick that they fabricated and left for me to install. I called Greg, and he woke me up bright and early the next morning (a Saturday) bringing a new toe-kick that he installed on the spot. I offered to pay him and he refused. "It's my gift to you" he said.
Our house sold in less then 24hrs with almost 7% over the asking price. I'm sure Greg's work on our kitchen played a part in all that.
Thanks so much Greg, it was fun, hope our paths will cross again in the future. Say hi to your sons from us.
Adrian and Ileana

Adrian, I sometimes meet a kindred mind, who enriches my day and life, and you are in that group. Those life stories we shared are the real currency in our short relationship. It was a pleasure meeting and working with you and Ileana. And your hospitality to us was above and beyond. We felt like friends right away. Good luck with your new venture.
Greg

Branson White in Etobicoke
Branson White in Etobicoke
1 review Aurora, ON

Radiator Cover Finising

I hired Greg to finish 9 large radiator covers. Not only did he deliver a exceptional job and finish. It was crunch time a week before the Christmas Holidays and he still delivered on time. Fast response and very knowledgeable in every aspect of the job.

I recommend Greg to everyone and look forward to continue working with him on future project.

Thankyou Branson.
Your'e a pleasure to do business with. Likewise looking forward to working together again.
cheers Greg

Tracy
Tracy

Kitchen cabinet transformation

I hired Greg and his sons to paint my existing dark wood cabinetry white, the island a mid tone grey. In addition I hired a separate company to extend the cabinets to ceiling height (creation of uppers) with new crown.

Greg and his team not only did a phenomenal job on spraying the cabinets (mine were not an easy task - real wood which sucks up the paint which meant several additional coats than originally anticipated), he also worked seamlessly with my cabinet maker to sort out all the details between them (who would do what, when) taking the pressure off of me.

So thrilled with the results - I have a new vent hood, faucet and window treatment to come but already it looks like a whole new kitchen. If your cupboards are in decent shape, don't rebuild, just rehab w/ paint - and Greg's the guy to do it.

Thank you Tracy, for including my sons, who have been an invaluable help in our family business. I'm proud of both of them too, as they are among the most conscientious young people I've worked with. They also enjoyed the challenge of your kitchen. And thank you also for introducing us to Tony at Watchtower Interiors. In the many years I've worked with many trades, he is one of the few I'd rate as #1 as a precision cabinet maker.
We will work together again. Finally, you were a delight to work with, professional and kind, even though you weren't feeling well. All in all, a memorable job for us.
Good luck in your new venture. cheers Greg

IKEA Table Refinished

Greg is extremely knowledgeable and kind. Perhaps more importantly, his work is first rate.

I asked Greg and his team to refinish a solid wood IKEA table and chairs. The table and chairs were varnished(?) in an antique pine colour. He and his team sanded and painted everything a beautiful soft white. The paint job is much smoother than anything I could have done with a brush, and it is much more durable against wear. I couldn't be more pleased with the work and would highly recommend Cabinet Refinishers.

Thanks C, for the kind sentiments, and a favourable review of our work. It was a pleasure helping you & your husband. And thanks also for contributing to our growing appreciation Ikea products.
While their millwork and designs are solid, their colours are limited, which affords us the work to beautify them.
Greg

Alice Cheng
Alice Cheng
1 review Brossard, QC

Painting of Existing Cabinetry

I was very fortunate to have selected Greg Gamble and his amazing team at Cabinet Refinishers to transform my mom's kitchen.
What I appreciated the most was the responsiveness, the detailed and organized approach to getting things done. They also deserve to be recognized for their sense of responsibility and commitment to ensure the environmental impact of their work done is minimized. The work was carried out professionally from day one to completion. The on site area was extensively cordoned off, was left tidy avoiding a cleanup at the end and the actual work was top quality.
Please pass on my thanks and gratitude to Nathan, Richard and Sam for a job well done. If you want a stress free experience and someone who genuinely cares about his work and customer satisfaction, call Greg from Cabinet Refinishers. I will certainly have no hesitation in using their services again and/ or recommending them to family and friends. Keep up the high standard! A rare breed in today's market.

Alice, we were equally impressed with your own unique talents in refinishing. We sometimes work with clients who are able to do some of their own work, as you were, in sanding all the doors, drawers and on site surfaces. And given that you were sanding off wrong materials that had been applied in the wrong method, and the sheer size of the kitchen, and the fact that when you were done they were ready for painting is even more impressive. Well done! As a real estate agent, you know the value of quality work in homes, but you also have craftsmanship talents yet to be discovered. Id hire you in a minute. As challenging as your mom's kitchen was to transform, it was even more pleasure to work together with such a gracious family as yours. My sons, who are my team members, commented how unique you, your mom and your project was, and this job was a highlight to our year, capping it off delightfully. Thanks for enriching our lives. Best wishes and Happy New Year!

vanessalwright in Toronto
vanessalwright in Toronto

Ikea cabinets refinished

Greg and his team were amazing. He went out of his way to go to IKEA and look at the style/finished of cabinet that I planned to purchase to see if it would work with his refinishing paint and technique.
He has a very warm manner and I enjoyed working with him very much.
The cabinets are so beautiful - we really have the kitchen of our dreams... and everyone comments on the colour of them! He also supplied us with a small amount of touch up paint - for a kitchen panel that was on back order. All in all - a wonderful service - I would highly recommend him - this is why he is a busy guy...

I love helping to build dream kitchens. It was a pleasure to help you Vanessa!

Anita
Anita

Painting of existing cabinets

We would not recommend hiring this company. Top 3 reasons, are 1. The cupboards were not delivered within a reasonable window of time that we agreed on (3 weeks late). 2. The product was defective, (painted was chipped on delivery and colours don't match). 3. Customer service was terrible. We hired Greg to paint our cabinets after our neighbour had used him and we read the reviews on Homestars. Unfortunately, our experience was terrible. It is a very long saga that started more than a year ago. Initially , we were told the process would be completed in 3 weeks . After 8 weeks , the doors were not returned . To date, our cabinets are different colours and we had to send them back 3 times because of when they were delivered and installed, there were chips and areas that were missed with the sprayer. Greg never returned phone calls. He claimed he was out of cell phone range and his most valued employee ( James ) was the one we dealt with . Greg had a problem with his sprayer and he didn't tell us (thru James) until the 3rd time we returned some of the cupboards. He had multiple excuses. We were very patient and tried to be understanding. We asked for 50% of our money back to repaint the cupboards, with someone else, so they were the same colour and he said he would repay us. He said he didn't have the money and asked if he could do it in instalments. We said yes. We received one payment in April 2016 and haven't heard from him yet regarding the remainder. I told him I didn't want to write a negative review and he told me he would pay me whether I wrote one or not because he gave me his word that he would pay us. That was in May. I contacted him again in July, no word. We started this project May 2015 so beware if you are considering use Greg.

Dr. Tony Jauhal in Mississauga
Dr. Tony Jauhal in Mississauga

kitchen overhaou;

Mr. Greg Gamble and his team are amazing. I was in Florida and and Mr. Gamble and his team delivered exactly what my wife and I wanted. Please google me and call me for his reference.

The challenges we met and overcame as we transformed your kitchen are half the reason we love doing this Tony. And you and your lovely family are the other reason. Thank you for trusting us without knowing us, with your gorgeous home, while you were away. And Im grateful for the review that says it all. Looking forward to that BBQ together sometime! Greetings to your family.

Wendy from Downtown Toronto
Wendy from Downtown Toronto

Kitchen and Bathroom

Greg and his team are the nicest people. I contacted him for a quote and he quickly responded. And then started the work almost immediately. I have a condo rental unit with dated cabinetry. Since it is a rental, I didn't want to spend a lot of $$$ so this solution worked out perfectly. They look fantastic as you can see in photos. I will definitely recommend them to all my family and friends. I can't say enough good things about them. I am very happy with the results :)

Thank you Wendy, for your trust and for a pleasant venture together.

More about Cabinet Refinishers

Cabinet Refinishers is a family business. We custom build, stain, spray finish and refinish kitchen and bathroom cabinets, bookshelves and similar products. We replace cabinet doors, supply and install hardware, including space saving hardware such as pull out basket storage, lazy-Susan with no center pole etc. We repaint IKEA kitchens before or after they are installed.
We refinish and repair select furniture.

****

Our service area is Toronto and GTA, and reaches to Scarborough, Markham, Richmomd Hill, Thornhill, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Bowmanville, Port Perry and Uxbridge.

Please do not text.

To obtain a FREE quote, copy, paste and answer the questions below by sending an email directly from your own email to ours.

Our EMAIL is- greg@cabinetrefinishers.com

1. Please include several pictures of your project or whole kitchen, from left to right, floor to ceiling, and a short description of your project including your desired time frame.
Close up shots of each section are not helpful for pricing purposes unless they are areas missed by the picture showing the whole kitchen.

2. Your name, location, phone number(s) to reach you.

3. Paint colour(s) you are thinking of. We use Benjamin Moore colours, but not their products. Our finishers are commercial laquers.

4. New handles or knobs needed? Add soft close devices to each door?

5. Do you know if your cabinets are original finish or refinished?

6. Its usually not needed but would you like the inside shelves painted? This is an extra cost.

7. Is there any damage to any cabinets or are any modifications needed?

8. To your knowledge, has furniture wax or polish ever been applied to the cabinets?

9. Are you the homeowner or a contractor.

With this info, I can probably give u a firm price, and time frame from our perspective.

***