TheDoorDoctors.ca

Reviews for TheDoorDoctors.ca

Regina from Toronto
Regina from Toronto

Refinishing Custom Double Doors

John and his team refinished my custom double doors this summer. They were the original doors (25 years old) and looked very weathered and old. They removed the doors, secured my front entrance and were able to refinish the doors to their original state. The doors look amazing and now my front entrance has been completely transformed! I highly recommend John for any refinishing/painting projects!

Thanks John!

Hi Regina
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm just seeing this message now so I do apologize for late response

Double doubles, two big sidelites and one massive Arch transom. This was a very big job and it took place over a few weeks but as normal results were excellent thank you again. Hope to see you for the next painting or wood restoration project

Lynda in Woodbridge
Lynda in Woodbridge

Refinish kitchen cupboards and touch up trim

John and Alice were both exceptionally conscientious, polite and kept a close eye to detail. Any over site was quickly fixed with no questions asked.

When John was late he automatically called to notify me. It was nice to have someone who was considerate of your time.
I would highly recommend him for any job in your home.
Excellent work!

hi Lynda many thanks for your business you and your husband are a pleasure to work for i look forward to the exterior

jonathanamar in Ottawa
jonathanamar in Ottawa

Exterior Painting

This summer, I had 2 sets of windows changed on the front side of my house. Given they were wood windows, they required painting. The company that sold me the windows recommended me John Brewer.

His price was fair and slightly inside the next best quotation. John and his colleague Sasha painted the exterior of my house (all 4 sides) in addition to the windows. The work took a fair amount of prep and care. Strong attention to detail. Also, very good job re-varnishing my front door.

Would do business with him again.

hi Jonathan thanks for your words I'm looking forward to the interior

JSun in Toronto
JSun in Toronto

Refinishing solid wood

We are very fussy about the exact shade that we want for any design; it is especially difficult to transfer our ideas for stain, since the natural solid woods involved absorb the colours in unexpected ways. John Brewer was able to translate our ideas into the stain mix that we really wanted, on three separate projects - maple stairs in 2013, up to the oak table in March 2016 (pictures attached - brown table is before, light gray is after). In each case, the finished item was finished for many decades of use, and delivered back to us promptly. He and his team have always been professional and courteous with us, and we're very happy with the results. We'll definitely go to them again.

Many thanks for your kind words. Yes. Red oak is hard to stain white without showing the pink side

Virginie from Toronto
Virginie from Toronto

General painting and rebuilding a front porch

I would strongly, and have often, recommend John and his crew. His prices and very reasonable, and his crew work hard with minimal disruption, and come in on time and on budget. They even worked outside in the snow and sleet, setting up a tarp to work under to get the job done on time. John is professional and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend him for carpentry and painting.

Thanks for your kind words I recall this job during a snow storm

Michael
Michael

Interior painting, minor carpentry

For the most part john and his team are very nice people. He tries hard and returns texts and emails. Quality of work is average and you need to be on top of details. His crew is laid back and follows a "flies by the seat of their pants" approach to jobs. No invoices. Definitely a mixed experience with this team. Wouldn't recommend beyond a very straight forward paint job.

Well, that's a very interesting take on the events below. Of course wholly inaccurate and I have the texts to prove it. John simply stopped coming to the job after he got paid, and then once contacted he said he was through with the job. Very different than what he states below. The best thing he did was hook up with Sergei who together with his team exemplified professionalism and quality. The 5 star rating I gave was very very generous. What trade just stops the project without communication then texts, "I'm done with the project, mate". Not one I'd recommend. Considering the false nature of his response, I would tread very carefully here if you're considering them.

It's a shame you feel that way. The client took for ever to pick the colours. Changed her mind every 5 mins. Asked me to redo paint colours. Caused many delays with my other clients. When asked to perform minor extras they we delt with haste to satisfy. I worked on this house for 6 months. All of a suden im only a 5/10. I find that strange!!!
When I had finally had enough. I even
had the decenty to find a refered replacement Upon my exit.
It's funny what people don't know. Doesn't harm them.
Be sure to catch 'Hockey night in Canada ' and enjoy the TV set. Of which I was the lead painter.

Kevin from High Park
Kevin from High Park

Custom Staining of Front Door

We met John through the company that made our front door. He listened to our description of what colour we wanted and provided samples which we chose from. Unfortunately once in place we didn't love the colour (sunlight impacts the way things look). John was very patient in working with us to alter the colour and land on something that we currently love. By the time we were tinkering with the colour, John was on other jobs but still made an effort to close the loop with us (multiple trips) and ensure that we were happy.

Hi Guys. Sorry for my late response. Very happy to help!

Betty in Thornhill
Betty in Thornhill
4 reviews THORNHILL, ON

Painting Stucco Ceilings

John and his assistant Sasha painted our old stucco ceilings and we are very happy with their work. John came to our home promptly to provide a quote. We were on a very tight timeline and John was able to accommodate. The work was completed on time and at a very reasonable rate. They cleaned up after themselves and left the place spotless. The quality of their work is very high. John and Sasha were cheerful and polite - a pleasure to work with and I would not hesitate to call them again for any painting needs. Highly recommended!

Hi Betty. Many thanks Hope to see you again soon

Frances
Frances

Staining new 2 story veranda ceiling

John assessed the project, made recommendations on color stain, and completed the job on time and under budget. The project required several stages, John and team, cleaned up, did a great job and left my property as they found it. The stain choice has been well received by friends and strangers. John has since come back and painted several rooms and additional staining projects on pine doors. Thanks, would hire him again and obviously recommend him.

Many thanks for your kind words. We look forward to the next time !

David Fleming in Toronto
David Fleming in Toronto

Exterior and interior painting services

John and his crew prepped, caulked and painted our board-and-batten addition. Furthermore, they prepped and painted new windows and an interior ceiling. The crew arrived early, were polite and friendly and completed the job on time and on budget. The job invloved a tricky tri-colour scheme that required numerous difficult ladder placements. Their clean-up was excellent. My wife and I would use them again and highly recommend their services.

Thanks David, I met him first because he needed his new windows painting.We went back later to finish the outside of his extension and caulked all cracks,i think we used about 20+ tubes. Nice home and real nice people.I also met a new client over the road, most of my work comes from referrals. Looking forward to the next time. Thanks again David .

More about TheDoorDoctors.ca

Pro Painter and Door Restorers since 1991
Cosmetic home repair,Interior and exterior Painting,Staining and excellent Wood Restoration

WE SPECILIZE IN SOLID WOOD DOOR RESTORATION
KITCHEN CABINET RE PAINTING[DOORS TAKEN TO SPRAY BOOTH LACQUER FINISH]
ALL RESIDENTIAL PAINTING

Please get in touch to discuss your projects.

Woodworking
Wood refinishing of all types. Painters, Cabinet Makers
Solid Wood Door Restoration The door is removed and taken to our secure private workshop to be refinished. An alternative entrance with a lock is required. A three-quarter inch plywood cut to size is placed around the frame and secured with carriage bolts and 2 x 4‘s, providing an extremely tight and safe seal. No damage will come to the frame. If the frame is to be refinished as well, it will be worked on after we reinstall the newly refinished door. The door will be protected with plastic and functional for use. ​ It will take approximately 4 to 6 days to complete the exterior side of the door but a little longer if the interior is to be refinished as well. We guarantee that the stain colour matches the original stain 99 to 100% every time. On occasions a hair darker to assist with the resistance of fading if the door is exposed to a lot of sunlight. ​ The top clear coat finish is an extremely durable satin finish. 3 thick coats are sprayed with extreme attention to detail. This DEFT product is also good for any floor or threshold applications. We will bring new weather striping and sweep if required. ​ Maintenance is extremely important. Due to our Canadian climate being one of the most extreme, offering a fluctuation of +/-40c temperatures, the exterior side of the door would possibly require inexpensive on site maintenance every 2 to 5 years. If the door is shielded with a large Veranda or awning maintenance would not normally be required until 10+ years and the interior is usually good to go for years. ​ After we have finished the entire process, your door will look virtually brand new and your satisfaction will be completely achieved. ​ We also service and refinish door hardware and locking systems. However, please keep in mind that it takes approximately 5 to 6 weeks for the order to come in if you plan on replacing your hardware and locks with a new system. So planning ahead is essential. Many thanks for your time and consideration, ​ A&J Brewer Painting Services thedoordoctors.ca
1991
E-transfer & Cheque
Work is guaranteed for as long as you own your home. Kindly ask for specific details.