The Door Doctors.Ca

Reviews for The Door Doctors.Ca

Indy and Malcolm in Etobicoke
Indy and Malcolm in Etobicoke

Exterior & Interior House painting; various furniture refinishing projects

John and his merry troubadours do great work, quickly, on time and completely. Our house has been fully painted inside and out, with many additional little fixes such as new light fixtures, and a brand new tile floor in the powder room which is gorgeous! John's team is professional, respectful, and know their abilities very well. Oh! and they sing too (not while working, except maybe Doug who has a constant song going on!).

John and Alice also restored several older pieces of furniture which had seen better days. We're very happy with the final product; these look great in the newly painted house.

If you want a job done, on time, on budget, and accurately, you won't go wrong with giving the Door Doctors the job!

Many thanks for you kind works You guys are text book 'good' customers we look forward to coming back to Refin the staircase and build your new deck later this year
Thanks again

Michael in Old Toronto
Michael in Old Toronto

Refinish 100yr old oak door

John did a great job stripping down our 100+ year old front door. He brought it back to it's original glory. We are very happy with how it turned out. They were also great to deal with and very friendly/polite. I definitely user then again for any painting projects.

Thank you Michael for your kind words. White oak is definitely one of my favourites. And the new frame matches perfectly

Door Repairs/Refurbishing

Most door manufacturers don’t refinish doors, even if they made them. They only want to sell you a new one. When our door started to weather and crack we were fortunate to find the Door Doctor.
John showed up and provided his opinion on what could be done.

We went with his recommendation and he didn’t let us down. He removed the door and secured the opening. He came back on time as promised and we had what was essentially a new door at a fraction of the cost. I would recommend that anyone call the Door Doctor before they consider replacing their doors.
East York

Hi Ed. Many thanks for your kind words. Your door was not that old but got a lot of exposure. It had also faded a lot. It actually was the heaviest door we ever did 2 of us struggled with it Many thanks

Kathleen M. in Toronto
Kathleen M. in Toronto

Interior door refinishing

We loved our mid-century wood veneer doors, but they were very shabby and dried out, with an accumulation of paint spatters and some damage to the veneer. When we came across John’s company info at our local paint store, we didn’t know it was our lucky day! The doors are now beautifully refinished and repaired, exactly the way we hoped, and are even better looking than we thought they would be! They look and feel gorgeous and John was great to work with. Thank you!

Thanks Kathleen you are too kind. Maybe the rest of your doors need love too?

Many thanks.

Julia
Julia

Painting - Interior and Exterior

John and his crew have been helping us keep
our house fabulous for years and there isn’t a wall - inside or out - they haven’t painted at some point. Most recently the team painted a few bedrooms and our basement and stained our new backyard fence. Everything looks amazing - exactly what we wanted. And John even took the time to hang some large and awkward canvases on a hard to reach second story wall. We’ll definitely have the team back - I’m already thinking about our next project! Thanks again!

You guys are great and always have been
Look forward to next time

Michael
Michael

Stair Renovation

John and his team did a very good job renovating a staircase that had been covered in a carpet for many years. He and his team were able to bring the original wood back to life. The project was completed on time with minimal supervision. I was appreciative that John made suggestions to make the project cost effective.

Hey Michael, yes great thank you very much for your comments

When we pulled old carpet unfortunately the wood wasn't in the best shape, but We made the best of things

Maybe you could share a photograph

Private User reviews North York, ON

Kitchen cabinetry painting and home improvements

John, Alice and their team are AMAZING people and professionals. I would recommend them in a heartbeat. My family and I recently went through a renovation and I don’t think I could have gotten through it without John and Alice’s service. I hired John and his team to paint custom kitchen cabinets and ended up continuing to hire them for so much more- painting the whole house and odd jobs. Not only did they do a rush job for me, they did an amazing job, at a great price AND they fixed MANY mistakes made by our cabinetry guy. I would not have even known about these mistakes had John not pointed them out to me. He had no obligation to do so but he in this and many other situations went above and beyond. They helped us with delivery of all cabinets and hooked us up with other trades we needed in a pinch (like glass door inserts and locksmiths). They know everyone someone needs to know for home improvements. Communication between John and myself was seamless. John, Alice and their team were always available and always pleasant. I’m very fortunate to have met such great people and grateful for the work and love they have put in to our home. Our family is very happy to live in such a professionally painted home.

Hey there. Many thanks for your kind words Yes your job ran way late. Lots of different problems. I won't list them here. We are just glad to help good people. Your home looks great now. A real home or real people

Dan
Dan

Paint

John and Sasha did a terrific job repairing some water damage then refreshed the main floor paint. On time On budget. No muss. No fuss. I would bring them back in a heartbeat.

Many thanks Dan. It was good to be back offering our services. Looking forward to the next time. Not the next water damage....

Daryl
Daryl

Roof top deck and Interior painting

John and his crew were fantastic. On time every day through an 8 day project. Cleaned up every day and ready to start the next day.

They went above and beyond on all of the work that they have done.

I have already given them multiple referrals that they also did a great job on.

I would be more than happy to accept any calls for a reference and send any before and after pictures of the quality of their work.

Best experience ever.

Thx John....Daryl

Hey. Many thanks for the kind words Daryl We are actually doing a lot of deck refi at the moment. All is going well

Of course Lots of Door refining and residential painting jobs going on also

Thanks again.

Joan
Joan

Dining table

John did an amazing job of refinishing my dining room table top. The table was picked up, refinished and delivered in just over a week. I’ll hire John again to refinish my newly post and stair rail.

Thanks for your kind words and I appreciate the work. We will see you next week for the handrail Refin

More about The Door Doctors.Ca

Pro Painter and Door Restorers since 1991
Cosmetic home repair,Interior and exterior Painting,Staining and excellent Wood Restoration

WE SPECILIZE IN SOLID WOOD DOOR RESTORATION
KITCHEN CABINET RE PAINTING[DOORS TAKEN TO SPRAY BOOTH LACQUER FINISH]
ALL RESIDENTIAL PAINTING

Please get in touch to discuss your projects.

Paint & Wallpaper Contractors
Wood refinishing of all types. Painters, Cabinet Makers
Solid Wood Door Restoration The door is removed and taken to our secure private workshop to be refinished. An alternative entrance with a lock is required. A three-quarter inch plywood cut to size is placed around the frame and secured with carriage bolts and 2 x 4‘s, providing an extremely tight and safe seal. No damage will come to the frame. If the frame is to be refinished as well, it will be worked on after we reinstall the newly refinished door. The door will be protected with plastic and functional for use. ​ It will take approximately 4 to 6 days to complete the exterior side of the door but a little longer if the interior is to be refinished as well. We guarantee that the stain colour matches the original stain 99 to 100% every time. On occasions a hair darker to assist with the resistance of fading if the door is exposed to a lot of sunlight. ​ The top clear coat finish is an extremely durable satin finish. 3 thick coats are sprayed with extreme attention to detail. This DEFT product is also good for any floor or threshold applications. We will bring new weather striping and sweep if required. ​ Maintenance is extremely important. Due to our Canadian climate being one of the most extreme, offering a fluctuation of +/-40c temperatures, the exterior side of the door would possibly require inexpensive on site maintenance every 2 to 5 years. If the door is shielded with a large Veranda or awning maintenance would not normally be required until 10+ years and the interior is usually good to go for years. ​ After we have finished the entire process, your door will look virtually brand new and your satisfaction will be completely achieved. ​ We also service and refinish door hardware and locking systems. However, please keep in mind that it takes approximately 5 to 6 weeks for the order to come in if you plan on replacing your hardware and locks with a new system. So planning ahead is essential. Many thanks for your time and consideration, ​ A&J Brewer Painting Services thedoordoctors.ca
1991
E-transfer & Cheque
Work is guaranteed for as long as you own your home. Kindly ask for specific details.