Women Who Build Stuff

Carpenters
Toronto ON M6G 2N8
HomeStars  >  Bathroom Renovation in Toronto  >  Women Who Build Stuff

Reviews for Women Who Build Stuff

Gate, cabinets, doors, etc.

Gail has been amazing for all the various jobs we need help with around my property. She is very easy to deal with, honest and trustworthy, very helpful, we've been so lucky to have found such a great contractor after dealing with soooo many duds in the past. Her work quality has also been great every time, and prices are very reasonalbe. Highly recommended.
Thanks for everything Gail!

Deck demolition

They demolished an old rotting deck at the back of my house - they were really fast and efficient, took away all of the detritus, and didn't even squish the plants that were growing right beside it. Great job all around.

Thanks so much for the call. It was a pleasure to do business with a pleasant and easy going person. We can be available anytime for any future projects.

Stefani
Stefani

backyard deck

Gail and her crew were really great! Super easy to work with, finished everything to my standards and left the place clean each day. I appreciated the help she was able to give me on deciding practical points of the design.

Thank you very much, it was great to work with you as well.

D in Toronto
D in Toronto

Just disappeared on me

I know that other contractors do it as well, and its about time this shameful action stops.
I contacted Gail the owner, and told her about the job. She came over, was super professional, gave me a quote, agreed to take the job and told me what to buy. And then, while we were emailing back and forth about the starting date, Gail just disappeared. Stopped responding to my messages (there were many) and never actually did the job.
I was very flexible with the time, so even if she had another job I could have waited. Nope, she just dropped me altogether without even telling me that she won't do it. Simply ghosted.
Contractors who ghost like this can also do it when the job is half done. Be ware of her, her professional demeanour might fool you. I strongly reccommand that you hire someone else

I find it curious that you have blocked your identity and question the legitimacy of this review. Your slanderous comments group me in with dishonest con artists who steal home owners money. All the while eluding that I would also do the same. Homestars is a small revenue stream for me, but a revenue stream nonetheless, and I have a family to feed. If what you are saying is true - then I did nothing but inconvenience you - and maybe there were personal circumstances that resulted in you being ignored...since to you claimed I was indeed professional...it doesn't add up.
You may be private to me, but not to HomeStars, and comments like these are slanderous and will be addressed accordingly.
Your comments are outrageous, inaccurate and unacceptable.

NoClair from Toronto
NoClair from Toronto

Deck

Poor attention to detail. Gaps where there weren't supposed to be, none where there were, nails blown through studs weren't attached to anything, when replacing the downspout, they didn't screw it together, used many shims (about 1/2 inch worth) for support of deck (what happened to measure twice, cut once?), and left deck screws all over the yard.We didn't pay top dollar, and the quality is reflective. They may know the "code", but it didn't look like it was adhered to. Charged for cleanup, but I had to do it (left a pile of bricks, sawdust all over the driveway, deck screws again). Claim to fame is being a judge on a tv show, but not sure about the work, I guess this was the first deck built by the crew.

Jane from Toronto
Jane from Toronto

Porch repair and new benches

The wood on my top porch step was rotting away and needed replacing with out having to replace all of the steps. I also wanted some benches put in so we could have a place to sit. Gail and her team got all the work done in one afternoon for a great price. I highly recommend Women Who Build Stuff for their excellent work, price and professionalism.

Thank you for your business Jane.

GL in East york
GL in East york
5 reviews East York, ON

Full bathroom demolition and renovation

We interviewed many companies before choosing to go with Women Who Build Stuff, and we made the right choice. The initial estimate was very accurate, and the end product is beautiful and well-built. The team was courteous, prompt, and professional. They guided us through the entire process, which we were unfamiliar with, and always acted in our best interest. When we ran into unexpected issues, they explained everything to us, and helped us make decisions. It was a pleasure having the team in our home.

Thank you for your business.

More about Women Who Build Stuff

Full service renovation company. We build everything from a small deck to an entire house renovation with addition. We have over a decade of experience making homes beautiful and functional - bathrooms, kitchens, basements, decks, fences, painting, small misc jobs. We take on jobs of all sizes...And we'll call you back...really.

Gail Prosser, owner of Women Who Build Stuff, is a professional carpenter, renovating homes across Toronto. She has helped many families turn their houses into their dream homes, working on kitchens, basements, decks, bathrooms, and everything in between. Gail's large team of expert trades enables her to take on projects of all sizes.

Gail has been Featured as the Expert Carpenter on Discovery Channel's 'Canada's Worst Handyman', CTV's 'Holiday Home Makeover', and most recently, as a guest on The Marilyn Denis show.

bathrooms, kitchens, basements, decks, fences, painting,etc