Lowes

Sarah M from Georgina
Sarah M from Georgina
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

Lowe's Newmarket Nightmare

Where do I begin with the Lowe’s Newmarket location… When going in to purchase a new barbecue we found that finding staff was a hassle, we waited for almost 15 minutes for someone to help us but no one responded to the call button. Getting a bit annoyed I set out to customer service to find help, after asking one of the employees if I could get some assistance in the seasonal/ barbecue section their only response was “I’m customer service, I can’t help you with that”. I’m sorry but where in the job description of customer service does it state that you can’t help a customer. After that remark I spoke to the HR manager and the manger was just as rude as the other woman. Finally after the poor customer service we received help… after 15+ minutes. I can understand that it would take the staff a bit longer to help every customer seeing as it was quite busy that day but for the staff to be so rude and unprofessional is ridiculous.
Fast forward 4 days we came into pick up our lovely barbecue which we were told wold be ready by the 12th of May and to our surprise the barbecue has yet to be built or be found. The staff was given over 4 days to put it together and it was no where to be found. After waiting for 30+ minutes while they try to hunt down our non existent barbecue we were told that it wasn't anywhere in the store. At this we became extremely annoyed with the fact that we weren’t contacted prior to our arrival to advise that the barbecue wouldn’t be ready on time. When making out purchase Lowe’s took down all of our contact information including cell numbers, home phone, and email address.
While speaking to the manger tensions got high and some cussing occurred. A bystander then appeared and started causing issues between the manager and us. The manager stood there and let the conversation become more heated with the bystander and when I advised him it was none of his concern he advised me he was making it his concern. The manager continued to say nothing. The manger stood behind the man the entire time not trying to defuse the situation or step in to say the man had no place in the issue. In the end I asked for a full refund for the barbecue and tomorrow I will be returning to the store to return the additional $500.00 worth of products I purchased.
Overall I’m completely dissatisfied with the service we received at the Newmarket Lowe’s and I don’t plan on returning to that Lowe’s in the future.

Dana Venner from Newmarket
Dana Venner from Newmarket
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Custom Countertop Installation

We recently ordered custom counter tops from Lowe's. The quality and installation were very good, however dealing with the in-store staff to place the order was tedious. After we received the estimate we went into the store to place our order but there was no one working in the kitchen department and we had to come back the next day. When we came back the next day the representative we dealt with was unsure of the computer system and had trouble entering the order into the system. We would probably use them again, but I would most likely try to get a manager involved in-store to improve the experience.

Sarah Stevejs0j in Keswick
Sarah Stevejs0j in Keswick
4 reviews KESWICK, ON

Lighting for washroom

I went into Lowes to purchase lighting for my bathroom I was re-doing. I purchased the 3 light antique brushed nickel lighting. I was greeted when I entered the store, but I needed help as I didn't have my father with me. I couldn't find anyone who was free and I waited 15 minutes so I left and returned the next day with my father who was able to help me. Although no one helped me the lady at the cash register was extremely polite, and wished me a happy holidays and a great evening.

Rolf Lutz in Hamilton
Rolf Lutz in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Advise and supplies for a bathroom renovation

A recent bathroom renovation led me to Lowe's in Hamilton. The service and professionalism was excellent, Helen in the bathroom department in particular was exceptionally helpful. I will from now on take my business to this store rather than competitors closer to my home. Thank you.

booboo
booboo
1 review Stoney Creek, ON

hardwood flooring

Went to lowes knowing very little about hardwood flooring. No one was around, used the help button to request staff assistance. When the man came to our isle he was smiling and genuinely happy to help us, as most times people seem annoyed when you ask them for help. He explained the different types of hardwood flooring available, and most importantly where you would not use certain types of flooring such as below ground level like basements because of warping. He spent a great deal of time with us and we felt so educated and happy with our choice when we left.

steve k in newmarket
steve k in newmarket
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

bathroom

We recently built our basement bathroom with many questions that were answered by the staff. I was very impressed with their knowledge and advise. They were helpfull , friendly and patient.

simon,keswick
simon,keswick
1 review Keswick, ON

rug

we bought a rug for our living room, thinking the colours would match, and they did not. i brought the rug back the same day, and customer service did not hesitate at all to take the rug back with now questions. the customer service representative "Becca" was wonderful...She didnt question, and was very nice to talk to. thank you!

Paula, Newmarket, On
Paula, Newmarket, On
3 reviews Newmarket, ON

roof

I had to shingle my roof so I found the service at Lowes very good. They explained the product and made very good suggestions. I had some product left over and there was not hesitation in a refund......very helpful and courteous staff.
Paula,
Newmarket, On

John from Toronto
John from Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Basement Renovation

Throughout finishing my basement I had to go to Lowes many times for different products, and the employees were very helpful. The prices at Lowes were always cheaper then other retail stores.

Cathy in Keswick
Cathy in Keswick
1 review Keswick, ON

Basement Reno

Doing reno in basement. Added bedroom, purchased carpet, underpad, mirrored closet doors, suspended ceiling, drywall, electrical, now starting on bathroom, all bathroom fixtures.
Staff always there and willing to help out.