Decks R Us/Franmac Construction

cory_ A.
cory_ A.
1 review Pickering, ON

Basement renovation

WE contacted three different contractors frank knew much more then the other two his knowledge was impressive. the permit was ready in two weeks and the guys were here on time every day the job was amazing we now have nine hundred more sq ft to live in hats off to Frank and his guys. Cory A

Nick in Toronto
Nick in Toronto

Exceptional deck

From the onset, the owner Frank was extremely professional, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I interviewed numerous contractors (at least 8) and Frank stood out to be the absolute best person for the job. He worked with me on the design from start to finish. Frank went above and beyond my expectations every step of the way. Frank designed a beautiful unique deck that surpassed my expectations. He built a very large deck (as requested) and made sure that it did not overwhelm my property by using an interesting design that truly enhanced my backyard.
As far as quality, it was top notch! The buildings inspector was very impressed with the quality and workmanship of Franmac Group. (And this inspector rarely gives out compliments, if at all)
Frank was on the job-site every single day while the work was being done and consulted with me if decisions needed to be made. He made some very artistic suggestions that most deck contractors do not get involved with. Needless to say I was very impressed and happy with the end result. I am so glad I chose Franmac Group to build my new deck. I highly recommend these guys!!!

Cassie from Toronto
Cassie from Toronto

Beam Instillation and joints sistered

We are undergoing a full home renovation and have dealt with many contractors. Frank and his team were exceptional, they went above and beyond to do a great job. In particular Frank really looked out for us with other work being done in the house which we are very grateful for. Frank and his team treated our house like it was their own, they did a better cleaning job than I could do. The quality of work was exceptional and they worked with the inspector to ensure he was happy. I could not recommend Frank and his team enough, they have been the best team we have worked with.

Jackie D from Toronto
Jackie D from Toronto

Replace and repair load- bearing beams

Frank and his crew repaired/ replaced two structural beams for us and did a great job at a very fair price. Frank is knowledgeable and very quick to answer texts and his crew is professional, punctual, and respectful of the work site. We had met with 4 or more firms previously, but Frank impressed us by listening and not trying to upsell us. We will definitely be calling him again. Thanks guys! Passed inspection today!

Thanks Jackie and Joe let me know if theres anything more i can do

joanna pachner from Toronto
joanna pachner from Toronto

deck, waterproofing

i had a water issue in my basement caused largely by a poorly built deck. I’ve found Frank and Mark to be excellent: professional, helpful, skilled and generous with advice. I trusted Frank's judgement from the moment i met him. he was a bit late sending me the promised quote but the execution has been superb. I loved that they'd arrive early (7 am) and work very efficiently — the job was done in less than 3 days. I asked for a small change/addition after the work was done and paid for, and Frank obliged. I’m now hoping to hire them to remove a chimney — no better way to demonstrate satisfaction than with repeat business!

Mark Evans from Whitby
Mark Evans from Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Deck

Frank, Mark and all staff at FranMac were professional and very easy to deal with during the whole process of tear down and rebuilt/redesign of our deck. It turned out better than we could have imagined and are already glad we made the decision to have Frank, Mark and their team design and build our new deck. They actually worked a bit later one evening to have it completed 2 days earlier than expected. I would recommend FranMac to anyone who is looking for a contractor for any job they have big or small. Great work guys.

teresa nairne in Toronto
teresa nairne in Toronto

Two storey addition + a front addition.

What do we have to say about The FranMac Group Inc.?

Scope of the work: Two storey addition + a front addition.

I will start by saying that Frank and Mark are very patient professionals. Originally, we contacted them around two years ago; however, due to various circumstances, it was last August - September when the renovation of our home started.

Frank and Mark are trustworthy, honest professionals: Having heard so many horror stories about contractors and having in mind that, not my husband nor I have had recently much time to put aside in order to tackle all the different decisions that needed to be made for the renovation, Frank and Mark have guided us and provided us with the best of the solutions for our needs. it has been and it is a brise of fresh air been able to rely on them knowing that the job would get done in the best of the ways.

Frank and Mark are, what I would call, "wise old wolves" in the building / renovation industry: Their knowledge is immense. If there is anything that would improve the structure of the house and that is not stated in the drawings approved by the city, they would do it. If there are any changes that could better the end result, they would tackle them. In fact, we got to know after the fact about a few of those changes and even the inspector that came by the house approved of them. Isn't this a huge relieve?

Frank and Mark are constantly putting on the table solutions to all the issues that we have encountered since our home is an old home and, as you may imagine, if it is not one thing is another...

On top of everything, Frank and Mark are great people...The kind of people you would like to have over to enjoy a beer in the "men's cave" / patio area they have created off the basement..

Anyway, call them!!! You will not be disappointed.

Dallas and Teresa

Brandon  from Mississauga
Brandon from Mississauga

Demolition, Remove load bearing wall, plumbing

Finding a contractor you can trust is not easy. After meeting with Frank from Franmac Construction, it was obvious he knew his stuff. Frank listened to what our vision was, provided suggestions based on his many years in the construction industry, and gave us a quote and timeline within a few hours.
We decided to hire Frank to complete our renovation project because out of all the contractors we met with, Frank seemed the most honest and knowledgeable.
Franmac took care of the renovation from demolition to drywall, stayed on budget and met the timeline as promised. Throughout the entire process Frank was always easy to communicate with.
Frank and his team did a great job and I wouldn't hesitate to hire them again to complete any future projects down the road. It's not every day you meet a contractor who tells you something can be done and actually does it on time and on budget.
Thanks Franmac for all the great work.

Joe D in Ajax
Joe D in Ajax
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Upstairs Renovation

Frank and his team helped me complete a reno upstairs which included tiling and installing a vanity in the Master Washroom, tearing down a wall to extend our Master Bedroom, and running wiring to allow for ceiling lights all throughout the floor. Frank was very thorough and completed each task in the time specified. I would highly recommend Frank to anybody looking to make improvements to their home.

Elisa
Elisa
10 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

Adding to existing deck and improving Deck

Endless hours of research, reviewing websites and of course reading up on HomeStars , led me to FranMac , also known as Decks R Us ( with an amazing website for decks ) . I , like many of you , did my homework and had a few of the Top rated deck companies come out to our house and offer me quotes . FranMac was not only the lowest , BUT the most knowledable and helpful .
Frank ( owner ) returned my call within 24 hours just like his site stated and showed up at my house within days . This is when I learned that he also owns Decks R Us . Which explains why this man is a pillar of knowledge !! Everything and anything you can think of that involves constructions , repairs or home imporovement , HE Knows .
He sized up my deck and listen as I explained my vision and what I would like to see happen , well not only did he better my ideas , he added some flair and creativity to the project , and the end result , is a beautiful wood deck , which is encased in glass rails , a new gate , and has been re-enforced ( our exisiting deck is on its last legs ; ) ) . From the day of of the estimate to finish time , 4 days !! I am so impressed I have already promised him the project when its time to re-build the deck or when we have more money , which ever comes sooner ! LOL !
Once we got talking and I realised the breadth of Franks knowledge and expertise , I realised that since he gave me such a good deal on my deck, I might have enough $ to re-do my front entrance and have the stairs done. Immediately Frank knew what we could do and how we could do it . Guess what ? I hired him on the spot for that project too , which must wait for better weather . I will post a review then and hopefully some pics . In the mean time , you can see Franks work on his website Decks R Us , and also his other work on FranMac's website .
Like all of you , I work hard for my money and when I spend it , I need to truly feel good about it . Frank is wonderful . Worth every dime and I look forward to a long lasting , working relationship with him. You know with a home , there is ALWAYS , things that need to be done .

More about Decks R Us/Franmac Construction

No deposit required for projects big or small.

At Franmac, exceptional customer service is our objective. Our services include deck additions, as well as kitchen, bathroom and basement renovations. With over twenty years experience, we have a team of professionals who are courteous and knowledgeable, reliable and hard-working. Our goal's ensuring complete satisfaction with your home renovation project.

In addition, owner Frank McGillan has extensive commercial contracting experience, and was part of a team responsible for building Boston Pizza restaurants in Bowmanville, Bolton, Wasaga Beach and Bracebridge. As well, Frank McGillan has also been involved in building Montana's restaurants in London, as well as Kelsey's in Oakville and the Dollar It Store in Huntsville.