Zenic Insulation

James in Etobicoke
James in Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

attic insulation

They answered my concerns beforehand, although I still need do some research on the blown in material myself. They came and finished the work on time. The house was left clean. Overall, I am satisfied with their work and willing to use their service the next time.

Andy in Richmond hill
Andy in Richmond hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Attic Insulation

Two gentlemen just came by today to add insulation to my attic, from R24 to R50. As other reviewers described, Zenic's team know what they are doing. When they arrive, they first inspect the attic. Then they lay out the runners, and proceed with feeding the tube upstairs via a front facing windows. The process takes ~1 hr. When they completed the job, they have asked me to inspect their work. The insulation was evenly added, and the thickness pretty much doubled. When asked, they also replaced the weather strip on my attic cover. They cleaned up nicely as the final step. Overall, I am quite satisfied with their work.

Anil in Toronto
Anil in Toronto

Wall and Ceiling Insulation

Zenic and Co. did an excellent job adding blow-in insulation in our ceiling and walls on the second floor of our house. The work was quick and very clean. Zenic provided a very reasonable price and was very professional. I would definitely use him again and recommend him to others. Thanks Zenic.

Leon Kiriliuk in Toronto
Leon Kiriliuk in Toronto

Attic insulation, new roof vents, soffit vents

I typically don't post reviews to web sites, nor use that many contractors (I'm a DIY type of guy). Live in downtown TO in a 1918 home. For the last few years I wanted to improve the insulation in the attic from the R10 to something much much better.

Zenic had great reviews, and an excellent price, so I decided to go with him. He was able to show up 2 days after the initial discussion, 30 minutes early!! Everything was super neat and clean. He allowed me to go into the attic and explain what would be done.

Not only was the R10 increased to almost R60, but he was nice to insulate the attic hatch, and install new gasket around the opening. He also installed 2 new roof vents (there was only 1 1/2 way up the slope!) as well as install 2 new soffit vents. Unlike other contractors, Zenic also does roofing (or so his truck says) and he did a professional looking job and was very neat about it all. He even swept the saw dust off my roof!!! His cost for doing the soffits/roof vents was significantly lower than any roofing company (if they would even come out for such a small job!) And I must stress, R50 insulation is only 50% of the job. You need to make sure you have good air flow in the attic!

Overall, Zenic made me trust contractors again. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Thank you! Zdenek

Ali in Toronto
Ali in Toronto
10 reviews Scarborough, ON

Increasing attic insulation

I got a quote from Zenic over the phone for increasing my attic insulation from R20 to R50, and he was the most reasonably priced of the companies with good rating on Homestars. He also knew I had to meet the deadlines for the Home Energy Audit rebates, so was very helpful with meeting a mutually convenient time, even though the season was very busy for me.
Day of service, a team of two came to my house and neatly and thoroughly got the job done. I must add that when my energy auditor came for the follow-up he said he was quite impressed that the insulation was sprayed in nice and dense. Thanks for the great job Zenic.

Thank you!Zdenek

Paperboy
Paperboy

Blown in cellulose in Attic

Zenic was able accomodate a my tight schedule, and what was comparably a small job of bring my cathedral attic space up to R50. Fellas got the job done very quickly, cleanly, and on time. Thanks again for the quick turnaround and excellent work!

AJ in Woodbridge
AJ in Woodbridge
3 reviews Woodbridge, ON

Attic Insulation

I found Mr. Zenic and his asst. Oliver to be punctual, courteous, and professional. They increased my insulation from R20 to R50. I found the price to be competitive. They identified an issue with circulation and like others installed the baffles for a small add-on. Mr. Zenic encouraged me to inspect the work done which was to my satisfaction. Overall a painless, time efficient experience!

Jeremy in North york
Jeremy in North york

Attic insulation

This company was excellent to work with. I had my attic insulation increased from R20 to R50 with blown cellulose. Booking was easy and efficient. The crew showed up on time. They did a quality job, including some touch-up additional cellulose in one area I pointed out. They cleaned up after themselves as well. I would recommend them to anyone who needs attic insulation.

D&P in Etobicoke
D&P in Etobicoke
8 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Attic Insulation

Had my attic R value increased to R50 from R20. Zdenek and his assistant were very punctual. Prep work was good (laying cloth down and covering the closet with plastic). However, the front door was open, b/c of the hose, the whole time. They should have covered the opening with a cloth or something to prevent heat loss. Also, charges extra for baffles (20 for $50) and did not staple them to the roof between rafters. Also had to remind them to insulate the attic cover. Which they did with some old fiberglass batting. Did not weatherstrip the attic opening even though they said they would. Used the 120 dryer plug to operate their blower, no problem, but please move the dryer and washer back the way you found it after you're done!
Overall, the price seemed fair but hard to believe a company that claims to be around for 16yrs overlooks all these details.
Bottomline: I would recommend this company but they should take a little more care & time in doing the job right.

At Zenic Insulation, we strive to provide the best service possible for our customers. It is unfortunate that we haven’t exceeded your expectations.
As you may be aware, it is required to run a hose through your house from the outside. This being said, we do require an opening into your house (door or window) that is at least 3”. Although you may lose a small amount of heat through the opening, adding a cloth or cover would provide very little in mitigating this heat loss, as it would not provide a sufficient seal anyway. And since the jobs require us to move in and out for set up and tear down, having the door opened a crack for an hour or so is very little cause for concern. For future reference, if losing a bit of heat from the openings is an issue, we suggest turning the furnace down, or off and restarting it when the job is finished.
Yes, baffles are an extra charge. As many homes already have baffles pre-installed, this is an extra service we provide. It is imperative to have proper ventilation in your attic, as the lack of it would run you into moisture, rot, and mold problems, which could be harmful to the residents inside and could burden the homeowner with substantial repair and cleaning costs. So $50 is a small price to have these installed.
Every house that is insulated by us is fitted with a weather-stripped and insulated access hatch free of charge. Even if the door has old weather-strip, we’ll still replace it. And as it is a free service that is provided at every job, we appreciate the reminder.
We have been in the business for over 16 years and provide a service that often exceeds the expectations of our customers. Since every home and every customer is unique, we do our best to provide everyone with excellent service.

Z

N in Bloor West
N in Bloor West

Attic Insulation

Our attic insulation needed to be topped up to R50. Zenic and his assistant were both friendly and professional and his price was very reasonable. It was a pleasure to have him do work for us, no complaints, would recommend to others. They put cloth down to protect the floors from the tubing, made an inspection of the attic space beforehand to make sure everything was in good working order, and completed blowing in cellulose into the attic in a very timely manner. Upper floor is noticeably warmer.

More about Zenic Insulation

Our Services Include: Cellulose and Fibreglass that is blown in.
Insulation removal:Fibreglass,Vermiculite ,Cellulose
Roof vent and bufles installation.
Mold remove from the attic area.