A Plus Quality Inc

Reviews for A Plus Quality Inc

T in Maple
T in Maple

$500 Down the drain

We hired A Plus to replace a furnace blower motor, and we have regretted it ever since.

First, they installed the wrong blower motor, one that is not compatible with our furnace (even thought I had pointed out to the tech that the specs of the new motor do not match the exact specs listed on our original motor).
After installation, the incompatible blower was making a very loud noise that can be heard throughout all the vents in the house. The tech 'diagnosed' the cause of the sound, as well as the smell coming from the new motor.
His diagnosis: 1) The control board is faulty resulting in incorrect motor speed and the loud noise. Cost to replace ~$500+
2) The new motor smell was caused by a cracked heat exchanger releasing carbon dioxide through the vents - Cost to replace - $1000+

Then he tried to convince us that we'd be better off buying a new furnace for $4000+tax. He even contacted another technician from the company to come out who confirmed his diagnosis and recommendation. We later found out that both diagnosis were incorrect as the real reason for the problem was the incompatible blower motor that they installed.
Having one tech make a mistake is one thing, but two from the same company indicates that the company hires inexperienced technicians or that they have a mandate to try to sell new furnaces by misleading customers. I'm grateful that we decided to get a 2nd opinion from a different HVAC company or else we would have lost thousands of $$ on parts we did not need, on top of the $500 we wasted on the incompatible motor they installed.

After the 2nd HVAC company replaced the incompatible motor with the correct motor, the furnace was operating perfectly. When we explained how the incompatible motor needed to be replaced to Jack, the branch manager of A Plus, he refused to acknowledge their own mistake and claimed that the other company is not telling the truth and just trying to sell us a new motor. He refused to take back the useless blower motor that they installed less than a week earlier and would not refund our money.

If inexperienced, untrustworthy, rude, and unprofessional is what you are looking for, then A plus is the company to call.

crystal1486
crystal1486

furness installation

Work was completed effectively and efficiently, staff was friendly and helpful. My job was a bit harder for them than usual but they managed to pull through and did noy leave until everything was to my satisfactory

Crystal,
Thank you for taking time to write us, we take high pride on our customer service, ensuring you have everything handled before we leave is important, all questions answered and the job being done properly.
We value your business.

Roni86kh_rassim
Roni86kh_rassim

New furnace installation

we had great experience with A-plus quality replacing our old furnace. The team is very professional, the job done fast with high quality. I'd highly recommend A-plus quality as a reliable contractor they exceed my expectations

Thank you so much for your review, we promise you that will work harder as team to maintain the same quality to satisfy all our customers.
Best Regards,
A Plus Quality

ljrts
ljrts

Replace Air con

Did a very nice job , very nice people who came to do the installation of the new unit .I will recommend to anyone

Thank you for taking the time to review. It is our pleasure to serve! We will try to exceed your expectations always!

water Boiler Replacement

Excellent service as always. Professional installation, not rushed, clean, courteous. A Plus Quality has become a company I can rely on for quick response and quality work. This is the second time using A Plus. 10/10 every time.

Thank you for taking the time to review. It is our pleasure to serve! Hopefully we will always exceed your expectations!

Arnold W in Richmond Hill
Arnold W in Richmond Hill
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Replacement of Air Conditioner and Furnace

My air conditioner failed me during the heat of the summer. I called a few companies without any response and then finally late Saturday night I called A-Plus Quality. The gentleman indicated that he could come out Sunday morning to take a look. This is exactly the prompt response I needed as it was hot. He came out and indicated the compressor was blown and while he could fix it, recommended a newer unit instead. (Mine was 21 years old). I agreed, I asked him about the furnace as well, since it was the same age and gave me problems during the past winter. He worked out a deal to replace both, which also made me eligible for the government rebate. I agreed, but only if he could get then done quickly as it was very hot in July. He indicated that he could get them installed on Monday. (Yes the very next day.) I agree and went with his recommendations on what to install. Monday morning 2 guys showed up to start the very large job. They hoped to have the units replaced and have me up and running by around 4:00pm. Unfortunately, it was bigger job then they anticipated, and a second crew showed up around 6:00pm to help finish. They completed the job just after 9:00pm.
I was present during the whole installation and I was totally impressed by the professionalism and attention to detail. They kept me posted on progress, answered my questions, and really provided me the comfort that I was getting a quality job done.
I held off giving the review as I wanted to ensure the furnace was working as well as the air conditioner. While we did test it upon installation the real test is when it gets cold. Now that we’ve had about of month of colder temperatures I am proud to say I am as happy with the furnace as I am the air conditioner.
I would highly recommend A-Plus Quality, as I am impressed by the service I received from the original tech to the four techs that showed up to do the job. They covered my carpets to ensure they did not track dirt from outside in, and did a perfect clean up both outside and inside when they finished. The only evidence they were here was the shiny new air conditioner and furnace and my house cooling faster than it has ever cooled before.
I have a fireplace I want to get serviced, and there is no question in my mind who I will be calling. It will be A-Plus Quality. Fast friendly service with techs who really seem to enjoy their work and paid attention to every little detail as if they were installing the units in their own homes.

Thank you Arnold for taking the time to review. It is our pleasure to serve! Hopefully we will always exceed your expectations!

machina in Toronto, Ontario
machina in Toronto, Ontario

Furnance Repair

Amazing Job!! Compassionate costumer service with a heart!! I called in the midnight of the night (after 2 companies could not fix the issue) and they came and fixed my furnace within 30mins! Amazing! This is a company that knows its stuff and they are not joking- their promise to do the job right the first time is GOLD. Do not hesitate to call them- they are solid! My family and I are grateful to FOAD for coming out that late in the night to fix our furnace. Thank you!!

Thank you Machina for your time to review. It is our pleasure to help!

D.R. in Vaughan
D.R. in Vaughan

Problems Solved

I have to say that after an initial experience which left a lot to be desired, the initial service man I dealt with for my assessment has been great. He has checked in on us and fixed any issues we have had. He is always available for any questions I have. Really happy with the customer service I have received after any issues I had.

Review has 2 previous versions

Thank you D.R. we are very pleased to rectify any problems to ensure complete customer satisfaction

Furnace replacement

Thanks to A Plus Quality Inc. for their professional help. I called them regarding getting a new furnace. Jack came to my home to give me a free quote. He explained things to me clearly and so I could understand. I felt very comfortable with him after getting 2 other quotes. He had the best price too. He came to install the new furnace -quickly and efficiently -with no mess or hassles. For the first time in years - my entire house is cozy warm. Thanks again Jack for all your wonderful help.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it is greatly appreciated. Glad we have another satisfied customer as that is our goal.

More about A Plus Quality Inc

At A-Plus Quality our goal is Total Customer Satisfaction Our company is considerd as one of the leaders of the HVAC and Controls for Industrial and residential properties. We are authorized American Standard, Lennox and Trane, Aprileair and Honeywell Dealers We hold a platinum dealership rating with American Standard All ...