Take Us for Granite

Nebo Road Hamilton ON L8W 3A1
HomeStars  >  Countertops in Hannon  >  Take Us for Granite

Reviews for Take Us for Granite

1 review Hamilton, ON

Terrible job, don't go there!

They didn't match up colour and appearance on a seam when simply turning the small piece 180 degrees would have been fine. The sink cutout didn't fit the undermount sink well. The counter s on both sides of the stove didn't line up so I had to remove one side and cut into the wall to fit the piece and re-install myself.

kitchen renovation

WOW!!! Awesome job!
Madison is wonderful to with work in the store. The magnificent owner Ross came to the house and did all the measurement's and the son Sam and his helper were very professional.
The price was superb for the service and product.
We are highly recommending them to who ever we can. Thank You so much!

Counter

Horrible!

Do your homework and read the reviews. These guys were hired through my contractor. Had an issue and took a month to get anywhere. After all that they install and the seam is terrible. Does not look professional at all. My replacement piece does not even look like they tried to match the counter top at all.

CThomas in Hannon
CThomas in Hannon
1 review Hannon, ON

Kitchen renovation

Be wary of buying beige Ceasarstone. The salestaff assured me the seam would be invisible. The seam is grey (apparently the cutting blade leaves a grey residue according to the installers) and grout material is not flush with the counter. A workman returned to repair the problem - the seam is still very visible. Be sure to open drawers before installlers leave - several of my drawers could not open. The installer forced open a drawer and pushed down to bend the metal glides.

Mary from Burlington
Mary from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Kitchen Countertop

I very much regret not putting more research into this company. Horrible customer service. Promised one slab of granite, then weeks later told I couldn't have it. Agreed on another piece, delayed twice with installation. Owner came to measure, was very rude to me. Came to install the counter- not measured correctly so there was a 3/4" gap- installer tried to say the wall must have moved!! Then proceeded to have a swearing match on my front porch with the owner. Had to get my contractor back in for a days work to build up the wall to meet the counter. Breakfast bar came in 2 pieces, one of them installed crooked- did replace it but different pattern and noticeable gap. HORRIBLE company, owner does not care AT ALL about his customers. My husband and I call it "Take your Customers for Granite".

James from Burlington
James from Burlington
1 review Burlington, ON

Countertops

I have just experienced the worst customer service of my life after leaving the Hamilton Showroom of Take Us For Granite. I had ordered counters a few weeks ago and made arrangements to have them installed while I was not home (I had someone let them in). I realize this was a mistake as I should have been there just in case. After the installation both the person I had be there and the contractor that was doing the kitchen work for me noticed that after they were drilled the sink and tap holes there was a large crack through the slab. They called that day and were advised to "just crazy glue the crack". After I got home I noticed there was a piece missing that I had originally signed off the quote on that was to fill the 6" x 30"gap between the fridge and the counter, and the piece they put on for the breakfast bar was incorrect (the breakfast bar piece they only covered the top of the wall with a 4" wide piece, doesn't leave a whole lot of room to put anything on except maybe a glass). I went back to Take us for Granite and I realized it was too late to do anything about the piece beside the fridge but I was hoping they would actually get me a proper piece for the breakfast bar, and I also brought up the crack from the sink/tap. The saleswoman said that they would replace the breakfast bar piece to a proper size at no cost to try and make amends. I was very disappointed with the final product I received from them on the counter, but if I could at least get that done properly I would have forgotten about it and moved on. I got a call a couple days later saying the piece was ready for pick up and sent my wife to pick it up. We got it back to our home and were going to have a contractor come install it a day later. The day the contractor was coming I received an invoice from Take Us for Granite for the price of the new breakfast bar piece which I was told was going to be complimentary to make up for the other things. I emailed them back and left a message but didn't hear from them for a couple days. A few days went by and they sent the invoice again. I called them and after leaving quite a few messages spoke to the saleswoman who informed me that she was wrong and I have to pay for this piece. I opted to return it as I had enough of being disappointed by this company. When I went to return the piece I brought up the other issues and the owner Ross started screaming very colourful language at me that sounded like it was from a Quentin Tarantino flick. He even denied that his guys cracked the countertop and said it must have been when we were putting the faucet in (it was noticed immediately after installation). The result was me leaving fuming and him taking the piece of granite back which had already been cut and was probably useless to them. I have never been treated like that in my life and can honestly say I feel embarassed for the other staff more than anything that had to witness his tirade, no one should have to put up with that in any workplace. I am very positive person and when people in the service industry do a great job or even a decent one I always would recommend them, I am hoping that no one ever goes back to Take us for Granite as it was by far the worst encounter I have ever had with customer service period (I have been stranded before for days on delayed flights with bad airlines at terrible airports where we had to sleep on benches, this one experience was worse)

Lori in Stoney Creek
Lori in Stoney Creek
6 reviews ,

kitchen counter

Price wise they were the same as other companies. I liked their name so we went with them. They seemed professional enough with the measuring and all. When the counter came ,they installed it and I noticed the guys were trying to buff something out. Apparently there was a chip in the granite and they were trying to fill it in. They eventually ordered a new section after much discussion. They had also taken the template of my new sink to cut the hole out. Will my fault I guess, I never noticed until months later that the center of the sink did not match the center of my doors beneath it.

How can somebody recommend a company that makes mistakes like this? They are the pros, they are supposed to know these things.

c longbottom  in Ancaster
c longbottom in Ancaster
3 reviews ANCASTER, ON

Marble counter top intallation

We hired them to provide the marble counter top for our bathroom renovation. Very reasonable pricing and I liked being able to go into the warehouse and pick out the slab myself. Perfect job on the measurements, too.

Louise in Niagara falls
Louise in Niagara falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

granite counter tops

One of my counters were cut too short....then replaced with a piece that did not match rest of counters and wrong shape...still waiting for new piece one year later...unbelievable!!!! I would discourage anyone from using this company...I even said i would give them more money to complete the job...and it"s still not done?

Betty in Stoney Creek
Betty in Stoney Creek
1 review Stoney Creek, ON

GRANITE COUNTER TOP

COMPARED ROUGHLY 6 GRANITE SUPPLIERS AND TAKE US FOR GRANITE CAME IN CLOSE TO THE LOWEST COST. THEY DID NOT HAVE THE GRANITE I WANTED IN STOCK BUT QUICKLY SENT ME TO PICK OUT THE EXACT SLAB I WANTED FROM THEIR SUPPLIERS. THEY WERE IN AND OUT IN JUST 2 HOURS. SOME MINOR SCRATCHES IN GRANITE WERE QUICKLY SERVICED AND I'M QUITE HAPPY WITH MY NEW COUNTER.