Shady Lane Expert Tree Care Inc

HomeStars  >  Tree Service in Newmarket  >  Shady Lane Expert Tree Care Inc

Reviews for Shady Lane Expert Tree Care Inc

MichaelZ. in Toronto
MichaelZ. in Toronto

I can finally see out my windows!

I had neglected my trees which had overgrown, obstructing the views out my windows. This was also creating an easy path for animals to get on my roof and created a potential hazard of breaking branches.
Shady Lane came in and provided expert pruning, making my yard safer for me and my family and safe for the future growth of my trees. The crew was courteous, explained what they were doing and cleaned up well. As a bonus, the manager called later that day and told me he was reducing the bill as one area wasn't as bad as we originally thought.

Cutting down big tree blown over by wind

The arborist Mark was very thorough and the subsequent cutting down of the fallen over tree was very good including the cleanup.

Mark also offered us the opportunity to do the job in 2 stages: do critical fallen tree first and then later in the fall do the `discretionary` tree trimming.
We have used this firm before and have ALWAYS been very satisfied by their service.

Tree Pruning

Shady Lane always shows up on time, explains very clearly what will be done and stays within the quote.
We have used them numerous times over 19 years.
Upon completion of the work, Shady Lane leaves our property tidier than it was before.
Always a pleasure using their service!

Kelly Wrightson  in Keswick
Kelly Wrightson in Keswick
1 review Georgina, ON

Ice storm

Professional service from beginning to end. Our trees are around 60' tall and they still managed to climb up there and cut off all the broken/hanging limbs. Highly recommend Shady Lane.

Christine from Toronto
Christine from Toronto

Tree removal

We had a huge Silver Maple that was ruining our fence and parking pad. Shady Lane came to meet with me and our neighbour, explained that we'd need a tree permit, and gave us a quote. After discussing it, we decided to go ahead and so I called to let them know. The lady in the office got my permit started and explained the process to me. They also gave us ideas for our replanting plan (required by the city to get the permit approved). Once the permit was approved, they came and took down the tree without damaging any surrounding wires or structures. They came back to remove the stump a few days later. Overall, we were really pleased with the service and job done. Would definitely recommend them.

Carol from Richmond Hill
Carol from Richmond Hill
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Tree Pruning

Shady Lane provides poor follow up service. Last summer, they pruned our Colorado Blue Spruce, which was fine, however it took a whole month for the "lab" to determine that our tree was infested with white pine weevil. At that point, our tree had lost more of its needles and I asked if that was to be expected. I never heard back. Now, a year later, it's still getting worse. We're not sure what to do. Shady Lane was actually the most responsive of 3 tree companies we contacted last year.

We've since learned that "arborists" may be trained and certified but with limited practical experience, they don't actually know how to treat tree problems - and customers.

We are always happy to set up a site visit with our clients to provide a follow up just call the office 905 773 5906 press zero to speak to one of our four office staff. They will set up an appointment to meet you oñ site and we can discuss the spruce trees health further. Ask for Jonathan as I'm owner operator.

We are one of the few companies that provide a full service with insect and disease management as most companies don't have enough qualified staff.

I'm pleases we attended to the issue well at first and would like to continue to follow up and assist further as required.

G from North York
G from North York

Tree Trimming & Removal

The Shady Lane team that cut and trimmed 4 trees for us was knowledgeable and cheerful. The job was very well-done and all debris was removed. They even proactively installed a cable to secure a co-dominant tree, to prevent any future splitting.

Joseph from Newmarket
Joseph from Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Tree & grass planting

We have asked to have a Maple leaf tree and rolling sod in spring 2012 which was eventually planted(later than planned) in summer 2012. However, the tree was severely affected by gall (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gall) and approximately one quarter of the rolling sod was either dead or severely damaged upon arrival.
When bringing up these issues by phone, I was informed it would not be the right season to take care of this (for the tree it would be spring) and for the rolling sod they would come and likely cover the dead areas with new seeds in the fall.
The winter has passed and in spring 2013 someone came and sprayed oil on the tree which was supposed to take care of the parasites. The rolling sod was still not adequately repaired or taken care of. Unfortunately, the agent appeared without giving us appropriate notice in advance. This was a common pattern where we experienced a very poor communication throughout.
When contacting the company, we were told the grass was 'fine' as it was - ignoring completely the damaged areas.
When the tree eventually developed leafs, the gall was back as in the previous year!
I have contacted the company several times since and never obtained a reply in the past two months. (Note: We were not just complaining, but asking for advice and would also have been willing to pay for extra services.)
In conclusion, our impression was that a) this company is responding relatively well to new orders & sales, b) however, follow-up request were poorly managed and ongoing issues never adequately resolved and c) communication was very poor. I don’t think I would recommend this company to anyone.

Angela
Angela

Removal of Manitoba Maple

We had a horrible Manitoba Maple in our back yard that looked like a Medusa- branches sprouting everywhere. It was leaning on our shed and was close to our roof. We contacted Shady Lanes originally to get an estimate (they were recommended to us by a friend who works in landscaping and groundskeeping). The process of getting the estimate and organizing the permit to have the tree removed was very easy. They kept us informed of the progress of our application and once it had been approved, they called to schedule an appointment to have it removed. A five-person crew came one day to take it down, and then a two-person crew came on two other days to do the stumping. All crew members were punctual and professional. We are overjoyed to have this nuisance tree removed and would absolutely use Shady Lane again in the future.