Jewitt Masonry

HomeStars  >  Masonry & Bricklaying in Toronto  >  Jewitt Masonry

Reviews for Jewitt Masonry

Daniel in Toronto
Daniel in Toronto

Tuck Pointing, parging, front deck repair, and chimney repair

Jewitt Masonry
416-461-6504
Toronto

Jewitt Masonry was recommended to us by Kreitmaker. We needed some stone and brick work done on our house. The front deck needed the cement between the stones replaced.

Leonard promptly came by to provide a quote, and explained how he would do the work. He estimated how long it would take, and when he and his team would start.

Sure enough, 2 days before the scheduled start date Leonard called and said he was ready to start the work. Leonard and his staff worked steadily until the job was complete. They also cleaned up the site every day.

We are very happy with the work done by Jewitt, and would recommend them to anyone who needs brickwork done.

replace 2 sidewalk sections

I had to stop Jewitt Masonry from replacing 2 poured concrete sections, against my foundation, with interlocking blocks. How is that level of incompetence allowed on home stars? How will interlocking blocks stop my basement from flooding? my neighbour owes me thanks for saving his basement. If I had not checked, I would have had to call the city as to my options, what to do when a neighbours contractors work floods your basement? Any discussion is met with foul language and"get back in your house!" So you cannot see what kind of job they are doing..

Michael in Toronto
Michael in Toronto

New chimney

First, they came in with a very competitive quote. Second, they completed the job on time and were extremely tidy (and removed all debris each day). They secured the site overnight, by placing a "caution" ribbon around the 3-storey scaffolding. Our new chimney looks great!

Sandra in Riverdale
Sandra in Riverdale

Porch and back wall repair

Aug 2016: I hired Jewitt Masonry to do some repair work on my house. It involved coating the front porch, sealing the sides of house, and parging the back wall.

Great quality and service, and very professional...as always!

Dave McKay from Old Toronto
Dave McKay from Old Toronto

Move doorway, tuck pointing

We had a doorway that needed to be increased in height and moved over 4 inches. We also had some tuck pointing that needed to be done to stop a leak. The quote was given and the work started promptly. We are happy with the work and with the guys that worked on the site. They cleaned up and it was almost like they were never there.

I would recommend them for any brick work you need done.

Mary McGee from Toronto
Mary McGee from Toronto

House Foundation Repair

One Saturday, during the heavy rains at the end of June, my husband and I found water coming into our basement laundry room. We had work done by Larry Jewitt several years earlier, so I called his number and left a message with his answering service. On Monday, Larry appeared at our door; by Thursday, Leonard and his crew began work and by the following Monday, the water proofing was completed. Our job was urgent as we had sold our house and were moving within two weeks. Jewitt Masonry truly deserves 10 stars for excellent work at a very fair price.

Trevor from Toronto
Trevor from Toronto

Masonry work-Parking pad, retaining wall, water proofing, interlocking

I have contracted Jewitt Masonry for several jobs recently and all were done to an exceedingly high standard, in accordance with the agreed timeline and at a reasonable price. Larry and Leonard are professional, courteous and extremely knowledgeable with seemingly all types of masonry work. They poured a concrete pad for one of my new neighbors 3 years ago, so when I moved in to my "fixer upper" and asked around for a recommendation for a "concrete guy" I was shown the pad they had poured for my neighbor and based on it called Leonard. I initially contracted them for waterproofing one wall of my house and sealing up the holes where the old down spouts had entered the house to join the main drain. They were fast and when I inspected their work I could find no faults at all. I therefore contracted them to pour a new basement floor, the outcome was perfect - flat and level. Based on these jobs 3 neighbors and I contracted them again to build a massive retaining wall between 4 properties. Again the guys completed the job on time and all of us are very happy with the work and price. They also built a raised parking pad for me, a short retaining wall in front of my house, poured a concrete walk way between my house and my neighbor and built concrete stairs and an interlocking stone walk way from the sidewalk to my front stairs. They keep performing so well that I intend to contract them to do some parging and tuck pointing on one of my exterior walls this fall. I would trust them with any masonry task, and as you have read, have trusted them with a lot of tasks so far! I give my highest possible recommendation to Larry, Leonard and their crew.

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto

Window replacement and garage floor

Larry and his crew did an excellent job enlarging a window frame and pouring a garage floor. They are courteous, professional and I would definitely hire them again for any kind of masonry or concrete services. Highly recommended.

Jim from Old Toronto
Jim from Old Toronto

Driveway paved

We`ve used Larry Jewitt before and always been pleased with his work. But this job was a bit bigger and more complicated than previous ones, and he and his crew did a fabulous job. He had to contend with some tricky uneven levels in our driveway, and a very difficult neighbour (it`s a shared drive), but he did a first-rate job, with his usual humour and calm. Would recommend him anytime.

Conrad
Conrad

Pour and finish concrete walkway

Larry and Leonard were excellent to deal with. Very friendly and professional. They came by to do two site visits and informed me on how to prep the site to save costs. They were prompt at following up when weather forced them to reschedule the job. The site was cleaned perfectly when I got home from work and the walkway looks great. I would definitely use them again.