Menard Rick Heating & Cooling

516-1250 Old Innes Rd. Ottawa ON K1B
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Menard Rick Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Menard Rick Heating & Cooling

Sue in Ottawa
Sue in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

furnace install

Was quite satisfied with the new installation, will now have to wait to see how the furnace performs. The installers Max and Adrien were pleasant and polite. They took their time and worked methodically. I was also very happy with the sales person Keith who took the time to answer my questions and concerns.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Sue for the kind words. We will share your review with the team.

Claude in Kanata
Claude in Kanata

Honest service!

The cooling function on my PTAC conked out. I was worried I’d need a new unit or a costly repair. But the Menard tech did some poking around and troubleshooting (explaining to me what he was doing as he went along) and found that a loose wire connection was to blame. So he reaffixed and tapped it up good to ensure it would’t move again. Simple solution! I’m certain a less honest company would have recommended a replacement or a costly repair. But the tech was honest enough to pin the blame on a simple loose wire. I would not hesitate to reuse Menard for future needs and I would certainly recommend them to others!

Maxim Kolosov from Nepean
Maxim Kolosov from Nepean
1 review Ottawa, ON

AC repair, not done

My AC broke down, while still on warranty. Carrier referred us to Menard Rick Heating & Cooling. I talked to a rep (Lia), she promised to call me back and disappeared for 3 weeks. I called them again, talked to another gentleman, who promised to call me back next day. He disappeared too. No communication, no service. I do not know what to do now.

Melissa Sue in Ottawa
Melissa Sue in Ottawa
7 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great repair and install staff - honest and friendly

From on call repair, to repair, to install staff all were honest, hard working, thorough, and friendly. Best experience I've ever had with an HVAC install company and would choose Rick Menard's again. The many positive reviews are true.

I like that their staff seem to be rewarded based on good reviews because it's a good incentive for them to be as helpful and thorough as possible, genuinely. Note: If you're wondering if the reason there are so many good reviews is because they offer an incentive to customers - I wasn't offered one (and glad). I'm leaving a review because I'm just that happy and want to make sure good work is recognized/rewarded.

I initially called RM's repair service. The weekend on call repairman I spoke with was honest and suggested we wait before having them come out because it was likely our coil was frozen and couldn't be fixed that day, and it's a higher cost to come out on the weekend.

JP from repair came out a few days later and was great - thoroughly looked everything over, was careful not to let our elderly indoor cat outside, took his boots off while inside, educated me on the issue, was very knowledgeable and explained everything very well. While he did sell us on a new A/C at no point did we feel like that was his goal - he helped us weigh the pros/cons of our choices and come to our own decision. He made sure that the new unit would fit in the small spot where our current unit is, so we wouldn't need to cut the deck or do any major changes to the yard - a huge thank you to him for that since that easily could have been overlooked.

It's a busy time of year so it did take a bit to get the team scheduled and I'm grateful for Luc's help and the team's flexibility to schedule install of the new unit as soon as possible.

Nick and Nick came out to install - showed up early, worked incredibly hard to install the unit, thoroughly tested it, explained everything thoroughly, answered my many questions, cleaned up after themselves and finished up early. Nick the helper was great and fixed an issue caused by the water heater install company that could have caused a carbon monoxide leak into our home. (Thank you Nick!)

Nick the technician was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful throughout - explaining to me what they were doing and why it was important. I had no idea A/C installs were so complicated but now I do and its all about safety!

I wasn't sure how to get the manual and warranty so I emailed Stephanie the admin assistant. She was great and even registered the A/C and coil warranties with the companies for us, and sent us a copy.

My only constructive feedback is the installers weren't given a clear copy of the sales agreement, which led to a missing item for the install (pump). The copy they had was very dark and cut off so the installers didn't know they were to bring the pump and would have needed to go all the way to Orleans to get it. Nick the technician was great on his feet and adjusted to solve the need for this item without needing to go to get the missing item (thank you Nick!) But RM might consider ensuring the installers get a clear copy of the sales order to avoid a repeat scenario :)

RM might also consider providing protective carpet runners for the installers instead of the booties. That might make their job a little easier with all the back and forth inside and out they need to do, and may help keep customer floors/carpets cleaner.

Overall - great service from repair to install and would trust these guys again.

New furnace install

Excellent service all around, starting with Keith in sales who took the time to provide a detailed explanation of my options for a new furnace, to the install team of Maxime, Nick and Nick, who were very professional and did not leave until they made sure that I was completely satisfied and answered all my questions. I would definitely use their services in the future and also would recommend them to anyone looking for heating and cooling services.

Jillian in Ottawa
Jillian in Ottawa

Gas furnace install

Very impressed with the service provided by this company. Mike and Nick did a great job of the install and were considerate while being in the house. Would recommend this company to others.

Geoff from Ottawa
Geoff from Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

new furnace and hot water tank

Nick, Adrien, Max and Gaston were terrific. They did a great job installing a new high efficiency furnace and direct vent hot water tank. Gaston was quite resourceful installing a new cold air return from our second floor (which in an old house isn't ever straightforward). We are noticeably warmer and the blower on the hot water tank is quite a lot quieter than we expected. I'd highly recommend them.

EWallace in Ottawa
EWallace in Ottawa
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Quick AC replacement

Our AC unit needed replacing just before the cooling season began. Luc Menard got back to us very fast and they were available almost right away for an installation. Their quote was the least expensive by a narrow margin as well. The installation went very smoothly and faster than was expected. Our install was apparently a very simple one. So far the unit has functioned well. There have been no problems in the first few weeks of use. I was very impressed, especially with Luc himself. I would definitely go with Rick Menard again.

Don from Ottawa
Don from Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

New Furnace and A/C

We used Rick Menard Heating & Cooling before to replace our hot water heater and was impressed with the price and service so we went with them again to get a new furnace and AC installed.

Alain gave us the quote and was very professional.

Mike and Nick did the work and arrived early and finished early. They made sure I was comfortable with the end result and the ins and outs of the new system before they left. Overall, we were quite satisfied, just like last time.

3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Gas fireplace installation

We had Rick Ménard Heating and Cooling Ltd. come in and convert our wood-burning fireplace to a gas fireplace. They were great in both the work and in accommodating our stretched out basement renovation schedule! They first came in to remove the old fireplace, install the venting and run the gas line. The crew did a great job, arrived on time and were clean, efficient and professional. They later returned to install and connect the new gas fireplace and did so in the same professional, reliable manner that I have come to expect. In addition to this recent work, we’ve had them install our furnace, an air-conditioner, and provide maintenance over the years. They’ve also done work for family and even a few of my neighbours! I am quite particular when it comes to choosing professional services and I never hesitate to recommend Rick Ménard Heating & Cooling Ltd.; they consistently provide good work and good service which isn’t always easy to find.

Miguel

Thank you Miguel for taking the time to write us a review. It is very appreciated when a customer share their experience with others. Just to let you know that we will always stand behind the products and services that we offer.

Thanks again
The team of Rick Ménard Heating & Cooling Ltd.