516-1250 Old Innes Rd. Ottawa ON K1B
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Ottawa  >  Menard Rick Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Menard Rick Heating & Cooling

ryan
ryan

Hot water tank replacement

613-834-1415
516-1250 Old Innes Rd.
Ottawa
K1B

I had contacted Menard Heating and Cooling to replace a hot water tank nearing the end of its life. Luc provided a competitive quote, and was very responsive to questions throughout the entire process. He was also able to schedule the tank replacement within one business day of agreeing to the work. Mike and Alex (the crew responsible for installation) were punctual, professional, and efficient. I would highly recommend Menard Heating and Cooling, and will gladly choose them again for any HVAC-related need.

Danuta in Toronto
Danuta in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Annual servicing of furnace.

Thank you for sending a pleasant, smart and competent professional technician to service our /your furnace. He deserves a raise ! I understand the problem identified will be rectified in the Spring.

Michel in Ottawa
Michel in Ottawa

Furnace Maintenance

I changed to their service this year on the recommendation of a friend away from the initial installer 8 years ago. Benoit took off his wet booths to go to service the furnace in the basement. Unfortunately he found that the fan wheel was off balance and bearings starting to go. He took the time to show me visually exactly where and what was going on. Both will have to be eventually replaced as the vibration worsen. Seems it was a manufacturing default but after they checked, the warranty was only for 5 years so out of luck.. Benoit was apologetic for the bad news but at least now because of Benoit I know I have a future problem on my hands

Thank you Michel for posting your review. It is always our pleasure to serve and educate our customers on their heating and cooling systems. Please if we can assist you in the future, we are here to help.

Stephanie in Ottawa
Stephanie in Ottawa

Regular Furnace Maintenance

Received an email from Rick Menard which was a great reminder to schedule my regular service maintenance on my furnace. I signed up for the comfort furace maintenance package which saved me 5% of my replacement filter. Ben, the service technician, was very professional. He showed up on time and was very considerate as he remembered to take his work boots off before heading to the basement. He was great at responding to any question I had regarding the furnace. He took away the old furnace filter and made sure that his work space was clean before he left. Thanks Ben!!!

Thank you Stephanie for taking the time to post your review. It is always our pleasure to give our 100% customer satisfaction.

Private User reviews New Hamburg, ON

Super Service

Absolutely the best service. The technician (Ben) arrived early in the morning and was extremely polite. He quickly identified the problem and within minutes, my air conditioner, was skillfully repaired. The technician even took the time to explain to me the problem and how he repaired the unit. in the future. I would confidently recommend Rick Menard Heating and Cooling to help in any heating or cooling issue that you might be faced with.

Thank you for the review. We are happy and honored to serve our customers. We take customer service very seriously. I will make sure that Ben knows about your review.

Sue in Ottawa
Sue in Ottawa

furnace install

613-834-1415
516-1250 Old Innes Rd.
Ottawa
K1B

Was quite satisfied with the new installation, will now have to wait to see how the furnace performs. The installers Max and Adrien were pleasant and polite. They took their time and worked methodically. I was also very happy with the sales person Keith who took the time to answer my questions and concerns.

Thank you Sue for the kind words. We will share your review with the team.

Claude in Kanata
Claude in Kanata
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

Honest service!

The cooling function on my PTAC conked out. I was worried I’d need a new unit or a costly repair. But the Menard tech did some poking around and troubleshooting (explaining to me what he was doing as he went along) and found that a loose wire connection was to blame. So he reaffixed and tapped it up good to ensure it would’t move again. Simple solution! I’m certain a less honest company would have recommended a replacement or a costly repair. But the tech was honest enough to pin the blame on a simple loose wire. I would not hesitate to reuse Menard for future needs and I would certainly recommend them to others!

Maxim Kolosov from Nepean
Maxim Kolosov from Nepean

AC repair, not done

My AC broke down, while still on warranty. Carrier referred us to Menard Rick Heating & Cooling. I talked to a rep (Lia), she promised to call me back and disappeared for 3 weeks. I called them again, talked to another gentleman, who promised to call me back next day. He disappeared too. No communication, no service. I do not know what to do now.

Melissa Sue in Ottawa
Melissa Sue in Ottawa
8 reviews Ottawa, ON

Great repair and install staff - honest and friendly

From on call repair, to repair, to install staff all were honest, hard working, thorough, and friendly. Best experience I've ever had with an HVAC install company and would choose Rick Menard's again. The many positive reviews are true.

I like that their staff seem to be rewarded based on good reviews because it's a good incentive for them to be as helpful and thorough as possible, genuinely. Note: If you're wondering if the reason there are so many good reviews is because they offer an incentive to customers - I wasn't offered one (and glad). I'm leaving a review because I'm just that happy and want to make sure good work is recognized/rewarded.

I initially called RM's repair service. The weekend on call repairman I spoke with was honest and suggested we wait before having them come out because it was likely our coil was frozen and couldn't be fixed that day, and it's a higher cost to come out on the weekend.

JP from repair came out a few days later and was great - thoroughly looked everything over, was careful not to let our elderly indoor cat outside, took his boots off while inside, educated me on the issue, was very knowledgeable and explained everything very well. While he did sell us on a new A/C at no point did we feel like that was his goal - he helped us weigh the pros/cons of our choices and come to our own decision. He made sure that the new unit would fit in the small spot where our current unit is, so we wouldn't need to cut the deck or do any major changes to the yard - a huge thank you to him for that since that easily could have been overlooked.

It's a busy time of year so it did take a bit to get the team scheduled and I'm grateful for Luc's help and the team's flexibility to schedule install of the new unit as soon as possible.

Nick and Nick came out to install - showed up early, worked incredibly hard to install the unit, thoroughly tested it, explained everything thoroughly, answered my many questions, cleaned up after themselves and finished up early. Nick the helper was great and fixed an issue caused by the water heater install company that could have caused a carbon monoxide leak into our home. (Thank you Nick!)

Nick the technician was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful throughout - explaining to me what they were doing and why it was important. I had no idea A/C installs were so complicated but now I do and its all about safety!

I wasn't sure how to get the manual and warranty so I emailed Stephanie the admin assistant. She was great and even registered the A/C and coil warranties with the companies for us, and sent us a copy.

My only constructive feedback is the installers weren't given a clear copy of the sales agreement, which led to a missing item for the install (pump). The copy they had was very dark and cut off so the installers didn't know they were to bring the pump and would have needed to go all the way to Orleans to get it. Nick the technician was great on his feet and adjusted to solve the need for this item without needing to go to get the missing item (thank you Nick!) But RM might consider ensuring the installers get a clear copy of the sales order to avoid a repeat scenario :)

RM might also consider providing protective carpet runners for the installers instead of the booties. That might make their job a little easier with all the back and forth inside and out they need to do, and may help keep customer floors/carpets cleaner.

Overall - great service from repair to install and would trust these guys again.

New furnace install

Excellent service all around, starting with Keith in sales who took the time to provide a detailed explanation of my options for a new furnace, to the install team of Maxime, Nick and Nick, who were very professional and did not leave until they made sure that I was completely satisfied and answered all my questions. I would definitely use their services in the future and also would recommend them to anyone looking for heating and cooling services.

Looking for Heating & Air Conditioning pros in Ottawa?