Captain Electric

Wayne from Scarborough
Wayne from Scarborough
10 reviews Pickering, ON

Fixture Replacement

We had three fixtures replaced/installed. All aspects of the service were excellent, including rapid booking of the appointment by the office, confirming calls for the appointment, arriving at the scheduled time, and thorough and professional completion of the work with full clean up. All in all a very pleasant experience. This is the fourth time we have used Captain Electric (including a full update of our electrical system) and we will definitely call them again in future. Highly recommended!

Thank you Wayne. As always , it was a pleasure working with you. We appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to write this review. See you next time !

NS in Toronto
NS in Toronto

Quality work, professional team - couldn't be happier!

The CE team was professional, focused on doing things right, and clearly work hard to meet customer expectations. This was not the cheapest quote we got but we're SO glad we chose this company!

I messed up by changing my mind on light placement after the installation was done. The CE team came back in a few days and fixed it without having to charge me extra.

Did I mention I was the one who messed up?
I'd recommend this company to anyone.

Hi Nicole - everyone messes up from time to time, - including Captain Electric team members. We just wanted you to be happy with your new lights, and it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for the review and for sharing the photograph of your installation.

Angelos in Oshawa
Angelos in Oshawa

Light fixtures, electrical wiring, hdmi cables in basement.

Ryan was very professional, punctual, and courteous. He explained everything in layman terms and made sure everything was up to code. He was tidy and quick and the pricing was competitive. Highly recommended!

Thanks Angelos. Ryan has been with our team for a long time, and is a great asset. We appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to write this review. We look forward to being of service again in the future.

Nancy in Markham
Nancy in Markham

Electrical & Dryer Venting

My dryer was no longer drying efficiently. Kevin from Captain Electric quickly diagnosed the issue (venting pipe was full of water & the external vent was frozen shut). Kevin returned with his apprentice and replaced the whole 30 feet of dryer vent pipe in the attic. Now my dryer works properly again! I am very pleased with Captain Electric and will continue to use them for any future electrical projects. They aren't the cheapest, but I can sleep at night, knowing that the work has been done properly. Thank you!

Thank you Nancy. Our company culture is to strive to do the job correctly the first time, and we are striving for customer satisfaction on every installation. Many times we are called after someone else has done a sub-standard installation. We are pleased that your dryer and venting are now operating correctly. We thank you again for spending your time to write this review, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Private User reviews Ajax, ON

Panel upgrade and kitchen pot lights etc

Excellent work done by this company, especially Dan,Jackson and Branson. Courteous, efficient and very clean and thorough work. Would highly recommend to anyone. Also, office staff are very pleasant and efficient and very nice to deal with

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide this review. It's hard to find reliable, experienced, trustworthy and courteous people these days. We are so happy to have good people on our team, and are happy that YOU are happy.

Michelle Groleau in Pickering
Michelle Groleau in Pickering
3 reviews Pickering, ON

replacing main panel and solving water leak

When I choose a company to do work one of my most important considerations is whether the workers are happy with the company they work for. To me that is a sign that they are not being asked to cut corners or do anything less than their best. These were all young men therefore relatively new in their careers so they have learnt the latest tech and understand it.
They did a really good job and the whole experience took place smoothly without any complications. They left the place cleaner than they found it.
I only have a few suggestions. One is regarding my cable and internet. They unplugged something and I needed to call my cable provider to address the issue because I couldn't figure out the problem. My suggestion is that perhaps they should get asic training on cable connections so they would know what to do with it. All it was was a plug not plugged into the outlet. Simple fix. They did ask me to check the internet before they left but that seemed to be working but I now understand it was because of some residual power in the wifi system.
Second kinda goes with the first. I do not have an outlet near the panel box. I have an extension cord leading to that area. It would have been nice if they had suggested running an outlet to that area. Should have been easy and not added any cost.
The third and last is that I still have a problem with an exterior outlet. I am told that is another $500 to get that fixed. I really think that should have been covered in the $6000 I;e already paid out.

Thank you Michelle for taking the time for this review. Your New Electrical System at 200 amps will allow for future installations to take place without worry of overloading your system. Your new Arc Fault protection package will also indicate when you are having problems on a circuit that could lead to fire, and will automatically turn off the circuit until it is repaired. When your home was constructed over 30 years ago, this technology did not exist. This new Arc Fault Technology is required on newly constructed homes, but is also an excellent choice for older homes like yours. This will help to identify problem areas, like you are having with your exterior outlet. We were happy to eliminate the water infiltration problem by upgrading your service. The problem with the outdoor outlet was existing previously, and was only identified after the Arc Fault protection package was installed. As you are aware, the amateur wiring in the backyard needs to be addressed. It seems there was a miscommunication regarding the plug for the internet, as this was discussed at length, and we understood that it was to be disconnected. Remember that $700.00 of your investment was HST, and is delivered directly to the Federal and Provincial Governments for their services. Again, we thank you for the suggestions.

dean in Toronto
dean in Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

Aye Captain!

Captain Electruc has performed work on my home in Pickering twice. Both times the experience was flawless: scheduling, confirmation, quoting, on-time service, quality of work, communication, professionalism, & friendly and knowledgeable service.

I have absolute confidence in their workmanship and commitment to quality and offer them my highest recommendation.

We are also thankful for our great office staff, that keep things rolling smoothly. There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes with scheduling the Utility companies for disconnections and re-connections, - arranging Electrical Safety Authority Inspections, ordering materials, talking with clients and dispatching Electricians.

Thank you Dean for spending the time to write this review.

pbraslis from Toronto
pbraslis from Toronto

Great service for installation of lighting fixtures

Great service as always, Ryan explained everything and the quote was laid out as always prior to work was completed. New lighting fixtures and dimmers that were installed look amazing and I will definitely be using Captain Electric again in the future to complete all and any other projects i'm needing completed. Thanks again !!

Thank you pbraslis for taking the time to write a review. We are always happy to provide the service you expect, and we look forward to helping you with your next project.

John in Mississauga
John in Mississauga

install fan to vent bathroom

We needed ceiling fan to remove humidity during showers. Captain Electric came in, quoted, installed to meet our needs during extensive upstairs renovations. Zac & his colleague did fantastic work!

John Coker

We always get a lot of FAN installation requests this time of year. We were happy to be of service, and we know that you will enjoy a nice hot shower - without the condensation issues that you were having before. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

More about Captain Electric

Captain Electric is an electrical service, repair, and installation company, serving Durham Region Toronto and Markham, specializing in helping homeowners and business owners. - Since 1992, we have been dedicated to providing our clients with the best in service, professional workmanship and guarantees. - Watch our new company video in the Gallery Section.

Electricians, Home Automation, and Lighting
Breaker Panels - Surge Protection - Home Energy Monitor - Knob and Tube Removal - Potlights / Recessed Lights - Ceiling Fans - Bathroom Exhaust Fans - Outdoor Lighting - Post Lights - Digital In-Wall Timers - USB Charging Receptacles (eg. for Cell Phones) -Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations - Backup Generators - Standby Automatic Emergency Generator Installations
Residential and Commercial Electrical Service and Repair - Troubleshooting and Repair - Panel Upgrades and Panel Replacements - Service Upgrades (60 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp, etc) - Fuse Panel to Breaker Panel upgrade - Rewiring homes (knob and tube systems / ungrounded systems) - Pot Lighting (potlights) and Recessed Lighting installation - Kitchen Lighting - Kitchen Renovations - Basement Lighting - Basement Renovations - Under Cabinet Lighting - Outdoor Lighting and Landscape Lighting - LED lighting - Ceiling Fan installation - Lighting controls - Dimmer switches and Timer Switches - Receptacle and Outlet replacement - Home Electrical Inspections - Hot Tub electrical installation and hookup - Pool pump electrical hookup - Energy Monitoring (home energy monitors) - Backup Generators and Backup Power solutions - Solar Panel installations - MicroFIT solar projects - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - EV Level 2 Charging Stations - EV Level 1 Charging Stations - EV 240V Charging Stations -
Eaton Certified Contractor - Kohler Generators - Contrast Lighting - Cooper - Lutron Lighting Controls - Leviton - Hubbell etc
Service and Panel Replacement - Residential Electrical Service - Pools - Hot Tubs - Rewires (to eliminate knob and tube or aluminum wiring) - Automatic Standby Emergency Generators (ECCN certified) - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (ECCN and SPX Certified)
1992
As required by written guarantees.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash
ECRA/ESA Licence #7000641, ESA Authorized Contractor ACP #MCR0145, Master Electrician on Staff
Better Business Bureau, Ontario Electrical League, Eaton Certified Contractor, C.A.N.S.I.A., ACP (vi
Kohler Generator Certified - LUTRON Radio RA Certified - Eaton Certified - Generac Certified
100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Parts and Labour