Reviews for Captain Electric

Kat T

Had Captian Electric install two light fixtures. They were quick and properly installed the units but they're a little expensive. After seeing how it's done, we can lightly install ourselves next time.

Marilyn from Newcastle
2 reviews Newcastle, ON

Electrician Ryan and Apprentice Nathan installed my dining room light fixture. Later, I had Electrician Kevin and Apprentice Nathan return to install 2 dedicated circuits and receptacles and a Main Panel Surge Protector. I was very pleased with the professional approach taken on both jobs. They called before arrival, came on time, put booties over their shoes and covered my areas with blankets before starting their work. Their work was excellent, they cleaned up everything before they left, and beyond their work, they were very nice, friendly guys. Diane, who handles the scheduling was also very knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with. I would definitely use them again.

GMB in Toronto

The Captain Electric crew came to my home for a consultation, and after performed the installation of a level 2 EV charging unit. I found the team (both the booking team on the phone and the electricians who came to my house) to be:
- courteous
- clear
- professional
- extremely pleasant

I was very happy with their work. The ESA performed their inspection a couple of days after installation, and told me that 'everything is perfect.'

JohnP in Toronto

Dave was professional throughout. He talked me through the estimate, explained everything well and provided options at different price points. Scheduling the job was very fast - less than a week! Staff on the phone were very pleasant and good to deal with. The install was not easy due to basement location, ducts etc - very happy with results. Dave and Dan did great work and left no mess - very clean. We would highly recommend.

Adam
2 reviews Whitby, ON

Recently had some wiring that came into the garage from the basement for the AC power shield with protective conduit and terminated in a junction box upon entry to garage. Tech was knowledgeable and very professional. Very satisfied with the service and would recommend to others.

Robert in Brampton

After having our regular service performed on our generator it was pointed that certain items were missing/lacking.We gave the company permission to carry out these additions which were done quickly and efficiently. We are very pleased with the service we received as well as the communications with the office staff while the work was being taken care of. Overall we are very happy to have become part of this company's service plan.

Robert & Eleanor

Wayne from Scarborough

We very highly recommend Captain Electric. We have aluminum wiring that is 40 plus years old that had some problems. Captain Electric did a complete wiring rejuvenation replacing/rewiring approximately 100 items including fixtures, switches, receptacles/outlets, GFCIs, etc. A crew of 5 arrived precisely at the scheduled time and worked diligently and completed the job in one day. All the old fixtures, switches, outlets and packaging were removed so that there was no mess at all. The entire crew are very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Our electric system is now in great shape which was confirmed by the inspector who came to evaluate the work completed. All aspects of the job were first-rate, including the office staff who arranged the quote/work appointments and made confirmation calls. This is a terrific company and we will absolutely use them for all future electrical needs.

Thank you Wayne. It was our pleasure working with you and we appreciate your comments here on Homestars. By replacing the old devices (switches and receptacles) in your home, and remaking all connections at light fixtures and junction boxes, your wiring now meets current standards for Aluminum Wiring. Adding Ground-Fault Protection (GFCI's) where required, also brings a new level of safety from electric shock. Thank you Wayne, and we look forward to being of service next time you need us there. ...bw

N. Raynor from Toronto
2 reviews Pickering, ON

The exhaust fan in my son's washroom stopped working. I assumed it was the fan itself, however, Zac from Captain Electric determined that there was a problem with the switch which was related to the circuit. He carefully diagnosed the problem and restored power to the bathroom fan. He also installed new light fixtures in two bathrooms. Zac did a thorough inspection of the electrical outlets and informed me of two problem areas; the microwave needed to have a box for the receptacle over the stove, and the 20 year-old circuit panel (fuse box) indicated electrical damage. This was surely a safety concern so I got a quote from Zac to upgrade the panel. Today was Zac's second visit. He and Nathan worked as a team to replace the damaged electrical panel. The box for the microwave receptacle was also replaced. Zac gave all quotes, installation information and timeframes ahead of time so I knew exactly what it would cost and what to expect to complete the job. From the moment Zac greeted me at the door on the first visit, to the job completion today, I knew that I was dealing with courteous, professional, intelligent and skilled electrician! I was also impressed with the administrative staff for keeping me informed of scheduled appointments etc. I highly recommend Captain Electric and Zac for resolving the electrical issues in the house. Thank you!

Thank you for posting here on Homestars. Safety is our business and when we find something that is of concern, due diligence is that we inform the client of that problem or potential safety issue. You can now enjoy peace of mind, knowing that these safety concerns were taken care of. I am pleased to hear that you are happy with our company administration staff and that Zac and Nathan looked after you well. We will see you next time. ...bw

saeheeshin in Ottawa

I called Captain Electric for a kitchen light suddenly going off; I posted few places in Homestar and they immediately called me back to setup an appointment. I appreciated the quick response.

Zac came in, showed me his qualifications, and quickly found out what the issue was. He offered few recommendations before starting and fixed rate meant I wasn't dreading the clock. In a few hour, the problem got resolved and we had our lights back! :D

Thank you Captain Electric!

Thank you for posting your review Saeheeshin. We try our best to respond quickly to service requests. You mentioned the "fixed rate" which put you at ease by not dreading the clock. One of the things we always do is to provide that upfront price before the work begins (no one likes surprises, when it comes to paying for unexpected repairs). We look forward to seeing you again when you need us. .....bw

Jennifer Shreve Oshawa
5 reviews Oshawa, ON

I called Captain Electric as we were moving our pool equipment and needed wiring done for the pump. They were able to come out the next day to review the job and they knew we needed done soon as the concrete was going to be poured the next week. We agreed to the job and Brian, the manager was able to schedule us for the Monday. At 8 am Zac, Nathan and Keith came to the house to started the job. It was a large project as they had to disconnect the old equipment and wire for the new. This meant running a line through the crawl space. The finished job was neat and tidy. All the cables were clipped properly to the fence and all the metal around the pool was bonded for safety. The 1st ESA inspector reviewed the work and passed it. After the concrete deck was poured, Ryan came to hook up the pump for us. The 2nd ESA inspector came and did the final inspection and passed all the work. He said that the cabling that was used was very good and he wished everyone would use it. This job took 3 guys 10 hours to complete. All work areas were left neat and clean. While they were there I asked Zac if he could wire my new dishwasher as the old one plugged in and new one was hard wired. He completed this for me at the end of a long day. It was greatly appreciated.
I also want to compliment the office staff, Diane, Todia and another person (sorry I can't remember her name) who I dealt with. They were friendly and always able to help or have someone call me back with the answer.
This company is professional from top to bottom.
I would recommend them to family and friends.

Jennifer, thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to be of service to you, and to be able to complete the work in a timely manner. We look forward to being of help again, the next time you need us. We hope you are enjoying your new pool deck. Thank you for choosing Captain Electric ...bw

More about Captain Electric

Captain Electric is an electrical service, repair, and installation company, serving Durham Region Toronto and Markham, specializing in helping homeowners and business owners. - Since 1992, we have been dedicated to providing our clients with the best in service, professional workmanship and guarantees. - Watch our new company video in the Gallery Section.

Electricians, Lighting, Home Automation, and Basement Renovation
Breaker Panels - Surge Protection - Home Energy Monitor - Knob and Tube Removal - Potlights / Recessed Lights - Ceiling Fans - Bathroom Exhaust Fans - Outdoor Lighting - Post Lights - Digital In-Wall Timers - USB Charging Receptacles (eg. for Cell Phones) -Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations - Backup Generators - Standby Automatic Emergency Generator Installations
Residential and Commercial Electrical Service and Repair - Troubleshooting and Repair - Panel Upgrades and Panel Replacements - Service Upgrades (60 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp, etc) - Fuse Panel to Breaker Panel upgrade - Rewiring homes (knob and tube systems / ungrounded systems) - Pot Lighting (potlights) and Recessed Lighting installation - Kitchen Lighting - Kitchen Renovations - Basement Lighting - Basement Renovations - Under Cabinet Lighting - Outdoor Lighting and Landscape Lighting - LED lighting - Ceiling Fan installation - Lighting controls - Dimmer switches and Timer Switches - Receptacle and Outlet replacement - Home Electrical Inspections - Hot Tub electrical installation and hookup - Pool pump electrical hookup - Energy Monitoring (home energy monitors) - Backup Generators and Backup Power solutions - Solar Panel installations - MicroFIT solar projects - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - EV Level 2 Charging Stations - EV Level 1 Charging Stations - EV 240V Charging Stations -
Eaton Certified Contractor - Kohler Generators - Contrast Lighting - Cooper - Lutron Lighting Controls - Leviton - Hubbell etc
Service and Panel Replacement - Residential Electrical Service - Pools - Hot Tubs - Rewires (to eliminate knob and tube or aluminum wiring) - Automatic Standby Emergency Generators (ECCN certified) - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (ECCN and SPX Certified)
1992
As required by written guarantees.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash
ECRA/ESA Licence #7000641, ESA Authorized Contractor ACP #MCR0145, Master Electrician on Staff
Better Business Bureau, Ontario Electrical League, Eaton Certified Contractor, C.A.N.S.I.A., ACP (vi
Kohler Generator Certified - LUTRON Radio RA Certified - Eaton Certified - Generac Certified
100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Parts and Labour