How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Captain Electric

Gerry in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

I had put off replacing our old fuse box for many years. Ryan explained the process to us a few months ago and yesterday, he and his team were totally professional every step of the way. We are happy with the work and the Fireguard gives us peace of mind.

Job Price

Hi Gerry. This was a good decision for you to upgrade at this time. Your Home is now equipped with a new Electrical Panel, complete with modern "Fire Guard" (ARC-Fault) Circuit Breakers. Any arcing from a problem such as a loose connection anywhere on a circuit, is detected by these special breakers - and the breaker on the circuit with the problem will trip, eliminating the hazard until it can be corrected. These breakers are an excellent way to add a high level of fire protection to any home. We were happy to be of service Gerry, and will see you next time. ... bw

Abell in Toronto

Amazing customer service from the time we booked an appointment until the time the work was completed. Friendly, professional service. Ryan explained all aspects of the scope of work and delivered as promised.

Job Price

Thank you Abell, for commenting on your experience. We aim to be friendly and professional (I don't think anyone likes to work with a company that has grumpy people ... lol). Our Electricians always spend the time needed to thoroughly explain to our clients the work that needs to be done, and all options. This is followed through by doing exactly what we said we would do. *** We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again when you need us. ...bw

Heather L. in Toronto

We had an unusual issue with an electric current in our shower after hours. The electrician Zach attended and was extremely professional, thorough, courteous. I would highly recommend this company and would not hesitate to call for any future electrical requirements.

Job Price

Thank you Heather, for posting this review. ***The problem you had was very serious, and needed to be solved quickly. You did the right thing by calling immediately when you discovered getting shocked from touching plumbing. Older wiring systems, particularly ungrounded systems can become extremely dangerous when a fault occurs. In all older homes with knob & tube wiring or other ungrounded wiring - consideration should be given to upgrading by means of rewiring. ***We were glad to be able to help you with this situation, solve the problem and make it safe. We look forward to being of service again when you need us. ...bw

HC in

Captain Electric changed my electrical panel and offered incredibly professional service. They arrived on time, worked efficiently, were polite and helpful. They also checked and changed some faulty switches and outlets. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for quality work. The office staff was also 5 star. They arranged all the administrative work and kept me up to date on schedules. Use this company!!

Job Price

Thank you HC. We truly appreciate your comments here on HomeStars. We are proud of our team here at Captain Electric, a dedicated group of people who really do care about the work that they do and the clients we work for. Helping homeowners in the best way possible, is our goal...every day. We try to make the experience for the homeowner a pleasant one, and that starts with scheduling the work, and then planning and executing the work (so that we make efficient use of both your time, and our time). Thank you for choosing Captain Electric, and we hope to see you again when you need us. ... bw

A in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Very good service, they set up appointments, called ahead, and arrived on time. Guys that did the work were very professional, knowledgeable, and polite. They were tidy and took away all remnants of the job.

As the owner of a business myself I can say that not too many companies provide this kind of service nowadays. I would highly recommend Captain Electric and will use them again when needed.

Job Price

Thank you very much for your review. We strive to be the best that we can be when it comes to serving our clients. It is true that things like "keeping appointments, being On-Time, calling ahead, properly cleaning up afterwards" do seem to be rare these days. I belioeve that it boils down to caring. At Captain Electric, we do take these things seriously. Any company that is focused on "service" should deliver in these areas. Thank you for noticing and mentioning them, and we look forward to seeing you again when you need us. ... bw

Shane in Pickering
5 reviews Pickering, ON

I contacted Captain Electric to conduct an electrical home inspection because during our general home inspection a few issues were found that needed to be addressed. The main problem was that there was aluminum wiring in the house which wasn’t installed properly and we could smell burned plastic when we used some of the lights. We booked an appointment through Diane who let us know about the $99 fee and that she would call before the electricians came. The day of the inspection I received a call from Diane that they were on the way. Ryan and Nathan arrived and they began their electrical inspection. I showed them the electrical panel, the outlets and some of the issues we were having with our lights. They then told us about our options to do an aluminum rejuvenation of the home and redo our electrical panel with arc vault breakers to bring them to code. My wife and I agreed that this would be worth the investment and we also agreed to install smoke/co2 alarms. I appreciated that they have set pricing for their work so you know that you won't have to pay anymore then what they quoted you.

It was a two day job and they were at my home at 8am both days on the dot. They were very respectful of my home and my elderly cat who wanted to know what was going on and who these people were. Ryan and company also put up all of our new light fixtures, installed a surge protector on our electrical panel and gave me a lesson on how to operate the new electrical panel. Along with that they replaced all receptacles in the house with the aluminum rejuvenation. It was a really big job and I am very happy with the service that I received from Captain Electric. I would definitely recommend them as they are a first class organization from customer service on the phone to the electricians on the ground.

Job Price

Thank you Shane. We appreciate your detailed review and are glad to hear you are happy with the service we provided. ***Aluminum wiring in itself is usually not the problem, rather it is the poorly made or improperly made connections that are usually the cause of failures within a system. Our Rejuvenation process gives your electrical system a fresh start (Rejuvenation = remaking all connections, replacing all switches and receptacles within the home). *** Your new Electrical Panel along with "ARC-Fault Breakers" provides the Ultimate protection to circuits within the home, as ARC-Fault Breakers are designed to trip when an ARC is detected (note: Arcing within an electrical circuit can lead to fire). *** Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detectors are mandatory, and need to be up-to-date, replaced at least every 10 years - or as stated by the manufacturer. *** Shane - you and your family can now rest easier, knowing that your home has now been updated to modern safety standards. Thank you for choosing Captain Electric, and we look forward to seeing you again. ... bw

Upgraded my panel from fuses to circuit breakers. What impressed me the most was how neat and tidy all of the wiring was done. Very, very good work. Great guys to have on site as well. Clean-cut, and very respectable. I appreciate this very much, Especially in this day and age when so many really don't care about what they look like or what kind of work they do.

Job Price

We appreciate your review here on HomeStars. Thank you for noticing the quality of our workmanship, as well as our people being clean-cut. ***Because we are a service company, and work inside of our client's homes and businesses every day, it is important that we are presentable. this means that we wear our uniforms (white shirts & grey work pants), and keep our shoes polished and clean. ... Our Electricians understand how important this is, and we are very proud of them for how they dress and act in the presence of our clients. ***It is not always easy to keep clean all day (some jobs we do as electricians can be very dirty), but we do our best to be neat and clean. ***Clean up is also extremely important, and when a job is complete - there should be no evidence left behind that we were ever there. ***Thank you for choosing Captain Electric, and we look forward to serving you again, when you need us. ...bw

Paul Grenier in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

I have called on Captain Electric twice now. They are very informative and helpful. They provide the answers needed to get the work done. I will be using them again in the future.

Job Price

Hi Paul, thank you for posting this review of your service experience. *** We believe that it is very important that the client understands "why" we are doing something as well as what we are doing - when it comes to their electrical system. *** Providing options, and explaining those options is also very important, because this allows our clients to make an informed decision. *** We look forward to seeing you again soon. ... bw

Geoff from Toronto

I used these guys once again (4th time now) for lighting work, and was not disappointed. Replaced a dozen or so halogens with LED pots, new dimmers, added some new pots (which they did without cutting access holes), and undercounter LEDs. Guys did the job fast, cleaned up, did a great job. Customer service is excellent.

HIGHLY recommended.

Job Price

It was our pleasure working with you again Geoff. Your new LED lighting looks really nice. We always believe that good planning and proper execution of that plan enables work to be completed quickly and with the least amount of intrusion. We look forward to seeing you again, the next time you need any electrical work in your home. ...bw

Nadia Salvatori
1 review Whitby, ON

When we purchased our house, we had to have the aluminum wiring updated as part of our insurance requirements. Captain Electric sent someone to our house just two days after our move-in, and gave us a very in-depth quote, a few options for price and work (we went with the bigger/safest option!).

Ryan and his team showed up bright and early, worked quickly and took the time to explain what they were doing. The entire team was also very accommodating with our very frightened little cat which meant a lot to both my partner and I.

I have no reservations about recommending Captain Electric to anyone needing a big or small job done. Really great professional service!

Job Price

Hi Nadia, thank you for commenting here on HomeStars. ***Aluminum wiring requires very special care. Replacing all switches and outlets in your home, and properly remaking every electrical connection in the home ensures that the installation meets Ontario Electrical Safety Code requirements. ***Your new electrical panel also brings you up to date for safety, and provides room to expand. ***We always recommend ARC-Fault protection as well - when we upgrade and install a new Electrical Panel. ... ARC-Fault protection is the ultimate in safety when it comes to electrical wiring within the home, as it trips the breaker and opens the circuit when an "ARC" is detected, eliminating electrical wiring as a potential cause of fire. ***It was our pleasure to be of service Nadia, and we look forward to seeing you next time. Thank you for choosing Captain Electric. ...bw

More about Captain Electric

Captain Electric is an electrical service, repair, and installation company, serving Durham Region Toronto and Markham, specializing in helping homeowners and business owners. - Since 1992, we have been dedicated to providing our clients with the best in service, professional workmanship and guarantees. - Watch our new company video in the Gallery Section.

Electricians, Lighting, Home Automation, and Basement Renovation
Breaker Panels - Surge Protection - Home Energy Monitor - Knob and Tube Removal - Potlights / Recessed Lights - Ceiling Fans - Bathroom Exhaust Fans - Outdoor Lighting - Post Lights - Digital In-Wall Timers - USB Charging Receptacles (eg. for Cell Phones) -Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations - Backup Generators - Standby Automatic Emergency Generator Installations
Residential and Commercial Electrical Service and Repair - Troubleshooting and Repair - Panel Upgrades and Panel Replacements - Service Upgrades (60 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp, etc) - Fuse Panel to Breaker Panel upgrade - Rewiring homes (knob and tube systems / ungrounded systems) - Pot Lighting (potlights) and Recessed Lighting installation - Kitchen Lighting - Kitchen Renovations - Basement Lighting - Basement Renovations - Under Cabinet Lighting - Outdoor Lighting and Landscape Lighting - LED lighting - Ceiling Fan installation - Lighting controls - Dimmer switches and Timer Switches - Receptacle and Outlet replacement - Home Electrical Inspections - Hot Tub electrical installation and hookup - Pool pump electrical hookup - Energy Monitoring (home energy monitors) - Backup Generators and Backup Power solutions - Solar Panel installations - MicroFIT solar projects - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - EV Level 2 Charging Stations - EV Level 1 Charging Stations - EV 240V Charging Stations -
Eaton Certified Contractor - Kohler Generators - Contrast Lighting - Cooper - Lutron Lighting Controls - Leviton - Hubbell etc
Service and Panel Replacement - Residential Electrical Service - Pools - Hot Tubs - Rewires (to eliminate knob and tube or aluminum wiring) - Automatic Standby Emergency Generators (ECCN certified) - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (ECCN and SPX Certified)
1992
As required by written guarantees.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash
ECRA/ESA Licence #7000641, ESA Authorized Contractor ACP #MCR0145, Master Electrician on Staff
Better Business Bureau, Ontario Electrical League, Eaton Certified Contractor, C.A.N.S.I.A., ACP (vi
Kohler Generator Certified - LUTRON Radio RA Certified - Eaton Certified - Generac Certified
100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Parts and Labour