Captain Electric

1885 Clements Road Unit #267 Pickering ON L1W 3V4

Electricians
Captain Electric

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 13 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 13 times

Reviews for Captain Electric

Paul in Markham
Paul in Markham

Install New smoke and carbon monoxide detectors throughout home

Great Service. Nice install. Friendly personal. Installed three new hard wired talking smoke and carbon monoxide alarm units. Previously old units in home were over 10 years old. These new units are good for another 10 years. Captain Electric is the place to call.

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms are so important for the Safety you and your family. Every service vehicle we have has multiple units in stock, ready for installation. Thank you Paul for taking the time to write a review - we do appreciate this.

Ford in Toronto
Ford in Toronto

As A Landlord The Process Was Very Seamless. I Will Use Them Again

I own a property out East and I needed someone to take care of an electrical outlet that would short circuit when it was plugged in. I called Captain Electric based on a recommendation from a friend.

The whole entire process was very straight forward and I didn't need to take time off to deal with it. I prepaid for the service call and they came in the following morning to fix the issue. They called me afterwards to give me an update on the issue.

Overall, I was very satisfied.

We know that fast and complete service is important in any business setting - and especially with rental properties. We were happy to help out. Thank you Ford for taking the time to review your experience with Captain Electric.

Eva in Maple
Eva in Maple
0 reviews Oshawa, ON

Replace amp panel and switch. Install new lighting throughout the house and on west wall.

Excellent service from initial contact with the office to end of service. Dan was courteous, knowledgable, and thorough. He estimated everything I asked for, made concrete suggestions and moved ahead to get the work completed. The team of electricians for the project were fantastic. Efficient and professional work. I was consulted along the way for key decisions so I have exactly what I envisioned. Would highly recommend Captain Electric.

Thank you Eva. Again; - we can't say enough about the team at Captain Electric. We are fortunate to have great people working for us, and we take seriously the work we are doing. We appreciate your comments.

mary from Toronto
mary from Toronto
10 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Change light fixtures

Kevin did a great job changing my light fixtures to LED. Kevin has also done some major work at my house such as rewiring. So happy this company takes great care in big jobs and in little jobs.

Thank you Mary. We feel our people make us a great choice for any Electrical service at your home or business. Kevin is an excellent worker and great asset to our company. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Ruel from Pickering
Ruel from Pickering
21 reviews Pickering, ON

Replaced exterior fan/light

Great company and excellent work by Tim and his colleague. They are a super professional and pleasant company to deal with. Excellent communication, pricing and work. I would 100% call them again to work on any project.

Thank you Ruel. We strive to be easy to work with, and communication is very important within the company and with our clients. Tim has been working hard to provide great customer service along with all of our Apprentices. Thank you for choosing Captain Electric !

Jeff in Toronto
Jeff in Toronto
8 reviews Whitby, ON

Shed Lighting and outdoor outlet

I will be calling Captain Electric on my next electrical project. They come to site with supplies that got the job done right. I even added a couple lights on the outside of the shed that I did not plan on doing and Tim had no problem adding this to the job. My shed now has everything I need. I am very happy with the results.

Thank you Jeff for taking the time to write a review. Usually we can complete repairs or alterations over 90% of the time on the first visit, depending on the scope of work. Tim as always, is very good at his job. We look forward to seeing you next time when you need us.

Michael
Michael
10 reviews Pickering, ON

Install new electrical outlet for StairLift

Tim arrived as promised and evaluated several options for the installation. He settled on the most efficient and gave me a quote which i accepted ( a lot higher than I expected) Main difference with others is the issuance of a permit ($139 + tax) and inspection which guarantees job was done properly if inspected. Job was complete in 2.5 hrs and perfect clean-up.
Tim was very friendly and pleasant to deal with. Would recommend to others. I guess you get what you pay for.

Thank you Michael for choosing Captain Electric and posting your comments. Tim is a hard worker, and we appreciate that he cleans up nicely when he is finished working. We look forward to seeing you in the future when you need us.

Ben
Ben

Knob and Tube Removal

Hired Captain Electric after discovering our house had knob and tube wiring. Zac and his team were friendly and professional throughout the job. We felt at ease the entire time. The work was done reliably and our house felt safe in their hands. As we worked from home during this job, the team went above and beyond to accommodate us. We were really impressed with how few holes in the walls were needed despite re-wiring our entire house (and patching after was included in the quote). Highly recommend!

Thank you Ben for posting a review on Homestars. Rewiring an older home can be a challenge. Zac and the team know through experience what to expect, and try to keep any patching to a minimum. We are happy that we could help make your home safer and more secure. Thank you for choosing Captain Electric.

John from Toronto
John from Toronto
4 reviews Pickering, ON

Captain Electric is the best

We absolutely love Captain Electric. Have used them for several years across a variety of projects, including new wiring installation, new outlet installation, installation of new potlights, etc. You get what you pay for - and in this case you're paying for quality work, friendly, prompt and professional crew members, and a very thorough estimate / invoicing process. I love that they tell you everything about what they're doing, will give you advice on future projects, and I've never felt pushed into making a decision or buying anything. For this latest job we had new LED potlights installed in the living room, a new outlet installed behind our living room TV and some professional cable management/routing done, new circuits installed in the laundry room so that our washer and dryer were running on their own dedicated outlets, and some bathroom light fixtures installed. We are 100% satisfied and they've continued to earn our current and future business.

Thank you John. We try to keep our clients informed as much as possible and we appreciate our team for their hard work and diligence. Thank you as well for being a loyal client over the years, and we look forward to seeing you again sometime when you need us. :)

arduncan in Whitby
arduncan in Whitby
1 review Whitby, ON

Electrical conundrum solved!

Tim was nothing but professional and friendly as he went around our house identifying an issue with our old aluminum/copper wiring connections. He found the issue, fixed it, and was very up front about any costs. I will absolutely call Captain Electric and ask for Tim the next time I need help with my electrical.

Aluminum wiring can be dangerous if not handled correctly. Proper connectors and compounds are used to make sure things are safe. Thank you for the review, and Tim will be happy to help you next time you call.

More about Captain Electric

Captain Electric is an electrical service, repair, and installation company, serving Durham Region Toronto and Markham, specializing in helping homeowners and business owners. - Since 1992, we have been dedicated to providing our clients with the best in service, professional workmanship and guarantees. - Watch our new company video in the Gallery Section.

Electricians, Home Automation, Lighting, and Electrical Vehicle Charging
Breaker Panels - Surge Protection - Home Energy Monitor - Knob and Tube Removal - Potlights / Recessed Lights - Ceiling Fans - Bathroom Exhaust Fans - Outdoor Lighting - Post Lights - Digital In-Wall Timers - USB Charging Receptacles (eg. for Cell Phones) -Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations - Backup Generators - Standby Automatic Emergency Generator Installations
Residential and Commercial Electrical Service and Repair - Troubleshooting and Repair - Panel Upgrades and Panel Replacements - Service Upgrades (60 amp, 100 amp, 200 amp, etc) - Fuse Panel to Breaker Panel upgrade - Rewiring homes (knob and tube systems / ungrounded systems) - Pot Lighting (potlights) and Recessed Lighting installation - Kitchen Lighting - Kitchen Renovations - Basement Lighting - Basement Renovations - Under Cabinet Lighting - Outdoor Lighting and Landscape Lighting - LED lighting - Ceiling Fan installation - Lighting controls - Dimmer switches and Timer Switches - Receptacle and Outlet replacement - Home Electrical Inspections - Hot Tub electrical installation and hookup - Pool pump electrical hookup - Energy Monitoring (home energy monitors) - Backup Generators and Backup Power solutions - Solar Panel installations - MicroFIT solar projects - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - EV 240V Charging Stations - EV Level 2 Charging Stations - EV Level 1 Charging Stations - EV Level 3 Rapid Charging Stations
Eaton Certified Contractor - Kohler Generators - Contrast Lighting - Cooper - Lutron Lighting Controls - Leviton - Hubbell etc
Service and Panel Replacement - Residential Electrical Service - Pools - Hot Tubs - Rewires (to eliminate knob and tube or aluminum wiring) - Automatic Standby Emergency Generators (ECCN certified) - Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (ECCN and SPX Certified)
1992
As required by written guarantees.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Cheque, Cash
ECRA/ESA Licence #7000641, ESA Authorized Contractor ACP #MCR0145, Master Electrician on Staff
Better Business Bureau, Ontario Electrical League, Eaton Certified Contractor, C.A.N.S.I.A., ACP (vi
Kohler Generator Certified - LUTRON Radio RA Certified - Eaton Certified - Generac Certified
100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Parts and Labour