Walltek Mechanical Inc

739 Kipling Avenue Etobicoke ON M8Z5G6
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Etobicoke  >  Walltek Mechanical Inc

Reviews for Walltek Mechanical Inc

melissa prokopy
melissa prokopy

Ductless A/C - A great experience!

Walltek Mechanical Inc
416-231-0000
739 Kipling Avenue
Etobicoke
M8Z5G6

We called upon Rob to quote us to replace our 15 year old ductless air conditioner. He was by far the most responsive to our requests for quotes and came by on a Saturday morning. Not only was the quote competitive with the others we had received - We really appreciated Rob's ability to explain our options and work with us to find the best fit for our family. Our new AC was installed just in time for the hot weather!

Denise
Denise

Air Conditioner/Heater Units purchased

I was a customer with Walltek for many years and was generally pleased with their service. It was a frustrating incident with another company that really proved to me how supportive Walltek really can be. This other company threatened to cut off my gas service over a bylaw change. Rob of Walltek was there for me advising and guiding me every step of the way. He even went further by contacting the people I needed to deal with and by taking care of all the necessary paperwork. Thank you Rob!

Private User reviews Brampton, ON

In store purchase

Went to the store and asked about a remote for a fireplace. I ended up purchasing a remote but when I got home I realized it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I went back the very next day to return the remote and they said they don't do returns on electronics. This was never told to me and I even talked to the manager who refused to assist me. Not exactly customer oriented and I will never go back. Stay away.

Re Companies Response - the box is in no way sealed with tape or plastic it is a cardboard box and could have been opened 1000 times before I bought it. To whoever reads this I will leave it to you to consider the ridiculousness of the mangers response and decide if this is a company you would want to do business with. I recommend you go somewhere else.

Hello Private User
Thank you for your review.
It is true, we do not accept returns on sesitve electronics such as a remote control or any other repair parts. However, the manager was going to make an exception in your case, if you had not opened the box and examine its contents. Unfortunately, you did open the box and it would be hard to re-sell it, even if all the content was still in the box and assuming that it was not dropped or otherwise damaged. Which would you prefer, a box with electronics that has been opened and you are not certain of the completeness of its content, or, one that has never been opened since it arrived from the manufacturer?

Christine in Toronto
Christine in Toronto

great customer service and pricing

This company was recommended to us by nepoleon. They sell nepoleon products. We have been looking for a new fireplace for our house. For some reason this fireplace installment seemed very difficult we went to maybe 15 different fireplace stores. When we went to walltek we dealt with Rob. He was very knowledgeable and made it seem very easy unlike the other 15 companies we went to. Rob and his team came in to install the fireplace a week later, within a couple hour we had a brand new beautiful fireplace which we love and use all the time. Thank you Rob

Christine & Tim

Martin M.
Martin M.

Two Fireplaces

After last year's black out, we decided to upgrade our 2 wood fireplaces to natural gas ones. We reserached on the internet and got 3 fireplace companies to give us quotes. At the end we selected Walltek for multiple reasons: their quote was very competitive, Rob was extremely knowledgeable and made many suggestions, as we were also renovating our basement, that werre very pertinent and Rob was very professional as he visited our house many times before we finally signed the contract. His team installed the first floor fireplace at the agreed upon time and the installation was perfect. No mess and no issues. Rob personally stopped by to show us how the fireplace works. FOr the basement, they delivered the hardware and the installation was done a couple of months later, again flawlessly. I was very satisfied with the whole experience and would highly recommand Walltek.

Lisa Chanady from Etobicoke
Lisa Chanady from Etobicoke
5 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Fireplace Installation

I had used Walltek about 8 years ago to install a gas fireplace so when we wanted to get a 2nd one, we called them. Rob came to the house, looked at the scope of the job, made suggestions and provided us with a quote that we felt was fair based on the amount of work required. When we were ready to proceed, they came out promptly and did the installation as they had indicated. The work was done perfectly and we are thrilled with this fireplace. Around the same time, we had an issue with our furnace and called them. Not only did they quote us much lower than Direct Energy but they were able to come out the next day to fix it. Great job!

Andrew from Mississauga
Andrew from Mississauga

New HVAC system

We were extremely pleased with Rob Shams and his crew. They were quick, courteous, and very knowledgeable about the products. We also found the company to be very responsive to new/additional questions and queries about their products.

Susan Sinclair from Old Toronto
Susan Sinclair from Old Toronto
2 reviews Old Toronto, ON

Ductless Air Conditioner

We had a Mitsubishi ductless air conditioner installed in a second floor bedroom. Rob Shams came to give us an estimate and it was a pleasure to deal with him. He was very knowledgeable about the various products and the installation options. He is an excellent listener and communicator. The installation crew was very professional and efficient. Their work was precise and neat and tidy. Again, the men were very good at communication. All appointments were kept exactly on time, and Rob was readily available by telephone and email when I had questions. When the installation was finished, Rob came by to personally teach us how to operate and maintain the unit. We are extremely pleased with the new AC and with the service we received from this company.

Erin in Etobicoke
Erin in Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

Furnace Maintenance Appointment

A few years ago I had a great experience with this company. Sales rep Rob came to my house and took the time to explain all the options for a new furnace and air conditioner. It was a great experience and I had referred others to this company after that.
Unfortunately, I no longer feel like a valued, respected customer. I had a service appointment scheduled today for 9am. When the rep was late and I had not heard anything, I began calling the company. I called 5 times and was not able to speak to anyone. The outgoing message said they opened at 8:30am but I could not get a receptionist or anyone in service etc when I pushed those extensions. I kept getting vms and it was now 9:30. I did not know whether the person was coming or not, and obviously I needed to get to work.
I eventually got through to speak with the head of the company who happened to answer the phones. He was short with me and told me someone would be there shortly. When I asked questions to confirm if he knew this for sure, so I didn't continue to wait for no one. He became rude, called me demanding, said there were lots of calls that morning and they were very busy. He said I could either wait or cancel and find another company. He did not seem apologetic for the person being late and did not seem to understand why this would be an inconvenience to me.
Sacha arrived for the appointment shortly after the call. He did apologize for the lateness and my experience on the call. However, given my disrespectful experience with the head of the company who doesn't seem to value my business as he himself sent me elsewhere - I will do just that.
If you want to contact Rob for a quote for your furnace, I had a positive experience but be weary that you will be starting a relationship with a company that will not value your business in the long term for maintenance appointments etc.
Good luck!

Norm Myshok in Toronto
Norm Myshok in Toronto

Fireplace, Ductless A/C, Radiator

Dealing with Rob was a pleasure. Very professional and very knowledgeble he found the best solutions for each installation and supervised Stasha the installer to insure superb workmanship.
Stasha the installer was also excellent and very creative at overcoming any installation problems.
On the day of the installation, they were promptly on time, worked very clean and cleaned up after themselves.
It's one thing to buy a product but another to buy it with superb service and workmanship. And even with some small difficulties in the radiator installation they came in at the original quote and finished on time as promise. Great company, great service!