HomeStars  >  Roofing in Oakville  >  Sharp Exteriors
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Sharp Exteriors

Nishan in Oakville
1 review , ON

Sharp Exteriors is excellent to deal with, friendly, prompt and courteous from Jonathan to the installers. They were nice. on-time, efficient and cleaned up after. Most of all No loud Music and Cigarette butts. All installers wore uniforms & Safety harness. I will recommend their services to others and will have more work done with them in the future. Very happy, thank you for making this a great experience.

Jillshome in Oakville

Magda at reception was excellent. She was able to answer all of my questions and schedule my estimate for an evening appointment so my husband could be there. Kyle Sharp was also excellent and walked us through the steps to replace our roof. He provided several choices and options. Our roof replacement experience was exceptional. From Bob who scheduled our job to Mike, Trevor, and Oscar all very very professional. Mac the quality manager followed up with the final inspection and even ran a magnet over the grounds to pick up any missed nails. We were so impressed with the quality and service we received that we had Kyle quote our windows. Our windows were installed last week and Edwin and his team went well beyond our expectations.

We are very happy customers.

Hello Jillshome,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review. It was our pleasure to help you with your roofing and windows replacement projects. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.
The Sharp Exteriors Family

rgrbrlw in Etobicoke, Ontario Canada M9W6L4

We signed with Sharp Exteriors on April 16 to do our roof and was told it was about 5 weeks wait to get the roof done. 9 weeks later, on June 16, one business day before they were to start work, I was told my roof was suddenly too steep and if they were to do it they’d have to get more equipment and, although we had a signed contract and everything was ready to go (the roofing materials and bin were on my driveway and had been there 3 weeks waiting for the work to start) I was responsible for all of the $800/day charge to rent the additional equipment. I said no as they need to stick to the signed contract however honouring signed contracts doesn’t seem to be of interest to them and they walked away from the project. No call from any of the owners to explain or apologize for this inconvenience or their lack of judgement. I guess it could have been worse, they could have suddenly asked for more money mid-project and then we'd really have been caught in a bind. With a signed contract in place, 9 weeks having passed, and the workers already having been on the roof weeks earlier, is it fair for them to try and charge us thousands more than we'd agreed to?

Job Price

Roger and Misa, I am surprised to see your words as this situation came about solely as a health and safety issue. The discussions were amicable and the final outcome was agreed to by both parties. Our workers concerns were explained to you and your wife in meetings and in detail and certainly not sudden.
One of our best crews was assigned to do your roof and when they arrived to do your home they called our office having concerns with 2 roof slopes on the home that they felt could not be re-roofed using conventional methods or equipment. I personally went out to the site along with the salesman Jonathan and met with the crew. The majority of the roof was steep and complicated by design, vast landscaping, hot tub, luxury items throughout the back yard and 5 feet separating the home from the neighbour. This was not the issue. We have been in the re-roofing business for 38 years and we have special equipment and procedures that can protect these items from harm. The crews concerns were the 2 roof slopes on the right and left side of the house, facing the home. The ground to eavestrough height was over 30 ft with only 5 feet separating the house from the neighbors fence. A ladder could not be positioned properly to perform any work safely. The slopes pitch from up on the roof was much different than was noted from the ground. It was not a typical steep 12/12 pitch it was pretty much a wall. There is no roofing equipment manufactured that will accommodate this slope. This was an access and equipment safety issue, that was brought to the companies attention. Under the new "Working at heights" regulations "A worker can refuse to work if he or she has reason to believe that: the physical condition of the workplace or workstation is likely to endanger himself or herself [clause 43(3)(b)] " To allow the use of a rope and harness to repel down the roof slope to perform work is illegal, and if they were stopped by the ministry, the worker, the company and many times the owner of the property would be heavily fined. A safety review of was performed on site and Jonathan arranged a meeting with both Roger and Misa that same Friday evening June 16th. The meeting took place and the access and safety issues explained. It was determined that the only way to access these 2 roof slopes was with a special machine called a manlift which could lift the worker safely up to the roof slope however, this manlift could only access these 2 slope from his 2 neighbours properties. Jonathan expressed that he was able to get a excellent rental rate of $800.00 per day for the machine and only asked for the "at cost" fee of rental and that both slopes possibly could be done in one day. There was no mark up or addition man hour charges associated with the extra charge. Jonathan said that Roger had no objections and was very supportive of the crew working safely and immediately took Jonathan over to one neighbour and introduced him. The neighbour was very accommodating and was willing to let us use his driveway to access the roof with the Manlift. Roger then went to his other neighbour on his left but they were not home. A meeting was arranged for the next day June 17th so they could meet. The morning of June 17th Roger called Jonathan and cancelled the meeting. He had a sudden change of heart and said he did not believe that he should be responsible for any additional cost regardless of the situation and that if we did not cover these costs he was going to go with another roofing company. I reviewed the situation that morning with Jonathan and agreed our offer was more than fair and the safety access of these slopes was unforeseen. We agreed that Roger could terminate the contract and go with a competitor. Our materials were promptly removed and deposit returned.
I wanted to thank you for choosing Sharp Exteriors. I know Jonathan spent a lot of time assessing and re-designing your ventilation issues, both intake and exhaust. He is a well trained professional and always conducts himself with his customers best interest in mind.
Richard S

javier_rubatto
1 review Burlington, ON

I first spoke to Bob Lawrence, he was the director of operations. He was very professional and efficient. He referred me to Jonathan Rodriguez who was in charge of the project, he was also very professional, helpful and very knowledgeable. The roofers Mauricio and Christian did a wonderful job and we are very happy. We are very happy to be dealing with an established reputable company that give you the peace of mind of a job well done and a good warranty to go along with it. Thank you Sharpe Exteriors...

Job Price

Thank you. I am happy that you took the time to meet some of the key people that were involved in your roof replacement. We all work hard to make certain that the professionalism, quality of work and your roof replacement experience is excellent.

Thank you for choosing Sharp Exteriors

mattkim

Great sales, good job for installation, good follow up. No issue during works. I am satisfied with their works.

Job Price

I am glad you are happy.

matthewscat

Work done as above with no hidden costs.Excellant customer service with work completed in a timely fashion.

Job Price

Thank you. I am glad everything worked out well for you.

amcginnis in Oakville

Entire roof and garage plywood replaced due to mold and new shingles installed, with additional venting

Job Price

Mold in the attic space is unfortunately something that is happening more and more often. Balanced ventilation is key. A proper assessment prior to replacing a roof can save several thousands of dollars down the road. Thank you for choosing Sharp Exteriors.

gaborszucs

Sharp Exteriors replaced our patio door and all basement windows. Very professional service. They did an excellent job, were in an out within a couple of hours. Thank you!

Job Price

Our window installers take pride in their work. They will be please to hear that you are happy. Thank you for you business.

Mairi D.

This is the second time we have contracted Sharp Exteriors to do work on our house. Last year we had new windows installed and this year, new doors. The reason we called Sharp back for a second job is simple ~ their work is exceptional. They are one of the few contractors we would recommend to anyone.

Job Price

It makes me very happy and proud to read your review. This is precisely my vision when I went into business 37 years ago. The secret to our success is excellence in everything we do. I am happy you are happy.

Jason
1 review Hamilton, ON

Your team did a tremendous job in repairing our roof due to some less than good work done by a previous roofing company. Your company was extremely easy and pleasurable to work with throughout the entire process (from start to finish). You guys held to all of your quotes and your timelines and the workers who were onsite where extremely caring, knowledgeable and did tremendous work. I cant say how happy I was to work with you guys as we have had some nightmare experiences in the past with other roofing companies (multiple actually). I am giving you guys 5 stars across the board as the work was done quickly, effectively and most importantly it looks great and sealed the issues we had. Best roofing experience possible so thank you!!!!

Job Price

Yes, I agree...the overall experience is very much as important as the work performed. Thank you for your feed back and support. I will be posting your review for our team to see. Thank you.

More about Sharp Exteriors

Trust your roofing and renovations to SHARP EXTERIORS. We do every kind of roof imaginable - shingles, cedar, flat roofs, copper, and more; plus windows and doors, soffit, fascia, eavestrough and siding. Our pricing is very competitive and the job is often done in one day, saving you money and inconvenience. Sharp Exteriors provides honest professional service.

When you buy a new Roof from Sharp Exteriors, you're buying a "Complete Package" This includes a full roof system evaluation & certification, professional installers, clean job sites, fast efficient service and a knowledgable support staff to guide you through your roofing process. We are not a seasonal company and have an established place of business. We welcome you to come visit our showroom, meet and ask questions to the people that work hard to make your renovation experience a positive one.

Sharp Exteriors has been ranked Top 1% in Ontario and continues to provide ongoing training at all levels. Having over 36 years of quality workmanship and satisfied customers, we still maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.

We Install Confidence!