We signed with Sharp Exteriors on April 16 to do our roof and was told it was about 5 weeks wait to get the roof done. 9 weeks later, on June 16, one business day before they were to start work, I was told my roof was suddenly too steep and if they were to do it they’d have to get more equipment and, although we had a signed contract and everything was ready to go (the roofing materials and bin were on my driveway and had been there 3 weeks waiting for the work to start) I was responsible for all of the $800/day charge to rent the additional equipment. I said no as they need to stick to the signed contract however honouring signed contracts doesn’t seem to be of interest to them and they walked away from the project. No call from any of the owners to explain or apologize for this inconvenience or their lack of judgement. I guess it could have been worse, they could have suddenly asked for more money mid-project and then we'd really have been caught in a bind. With a signed contract in place, 9 weeks having passed, and the workers already having been on the roof weeks earlier, is it fair for them to try and charge us thousands more than we'd agreed to?