Sears Home

204-779-1999
1450 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg
MB

I recently purchased a new Bosch Axis washing machine from Alan at the Sears store at St James and Ellice. This was after the Sears repair man spent five minutes in my home and charged me $100 to tell me my old machine could not be repaired. It took about 10 days for the washer to be delivered. It did not work. I was forced to wait 10 more days for the repair person to show up. After five minutes (but no charge this time) I was told it need to be replaced. The store manager arranged for the floor model to be delivered. It also did not work.

Chris, the store manager, said the door locks were not working on a batch of Bosch washers. He apologized. I asked if a floor model from another store could be delivered. Nope. It does not work that way. I can only deal with the Sears store and not the rest of the chain.

I asked what the good people of Sears and Bosch would do for my time and horrendous experience. He said that any compensation would be determined after everything was resolved. I was surprised by this answer. I said to Chris, "You could offer me $50 store credit which would be insulting based on the fact I have needed to be home three times". Chris replied, "the compensation will be to the benefit of Sears". Wonderful response.

My warning is for those planning to purchase Bosch Axis washers and also those considering Sears for their appliance purchase. I would stay away from both based on my experience