Clear View Plumbing And Heating

Clear View Plumbing And Heating

Best of 2011 winner 2 timesBest of 2011winner 2 times

Reviews for Clear View Plumbing And Heating

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Ridiculously Overpriced Furnace "Repair"

Clearview is without a doubt the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Save yourself the ridiculous amount of money & hassle & do not hire them. My furnace stopped working in the -30 weather streak, Clearview came out, charged me $700 for a $40 part to “fix” the problem, & within an hour of the technician leaving, the furnace stopped working again. I called them back & they wanted to charge me an ADDITIONAL $200 to get someone back here. I called another company who came out free of charge to inspect it & it turned out there was a hole in the heat exchanger & a crack in the coupling box that Clearview DIDN’T EVEN CHECK, which left huge risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. The company who did repair it said that Clearview absolutely should not have left without fixing this problem, or putting a lock on the gas meter to prevent CO poisoning. When I called Clearview about it, all they had to say was “that’s not our problem”. Not only was I extremely overcharged, (the company who fixed it was able to repair ALL issues for under $950), but I was not refunded in any way for THEIR errors & gross misdiagnosis, not at all respected as a client, plus myself & the people/pets in my house were left at the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in a still freezing cold house. Do yourself the favour & call ANYBODY but ClearView Plumbing & Heating.

Kaitlin, thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration we created at our last job with you. Admittedly, aspects of the project could have been handled better. However, we have done a full refund for you. We look at the poorly handled aspects of this project as learning opportunities, and will do our best to make sure no future projects are impacted by the same issues. Again, we appreciate you reaching out. We hope the resolution we agreed upon will bring a close to this matter, but if it does not, please feel free to reach out to us. - Jennifer

Home Owners Beware ... Avoid ClearView Plumbing and Heating

This business is not ethical and greatly inflates their profit!!!!
Calgary temperatures have been -26’C for several weeks in February 2019. Our furnace quits. We call ClearView without checking any reviews on their services. WELL....big mistake.
Firstly, do NOT sign anything with ClearView. They are trying to lure people into a membership service program. You pay upfront for issues you may or may not have.
Secondly, the cost of ClearView services are highly inflated. I paid
$1500.00 for services that two competitor offered for approximately $1000.00. Buyer beware and do NOT use ClearView.
I also learned that the part which was replaced in my furnace cost $489.00.
ClearView charged me $1000.00 to put that part into my furnace.
REALLY?
I am now left with a furnace having a loud and as yet, undetermined start up noise. Ask me if I am feeling lucky!?!?
Ps. After much arguing on the phone, ClearView did credit me back $219.00. They applied a membership rate to my bill. Do not buy a membership from this company.... check other options.

Hi Patricia, Typically when our technicians come out to your home they diagnose the issue and present you with a few different options for repairs with no pressure. We have reviewed your file and we can see that our technician diagnosed the issue with your furnace and gave you a few options for repairs and you decided to go ahead with one. When you called into the office concerned about the price we did offer to cancel the work with no fees which you declined and then gave you a discount. If the motor we installed is having issues we would be happy to come out and check it and replace it under warranty if it is faulty. Please give us a call if you would like to schedule that appointment to have it checked back in.

Doug
Doug

Remove leaking garburator and re-pipe section.

My wife noticed a leak under the kitchen sink on Sunday evening. Investigation showed that the water was coming from the garburator. I called Clearview Plumbing in the morning and was given an appointment for Tuesday morning, as this was not really an emergency issue. Tyson arrived as promised, inspected the situation and provided me with 5 options, ranging from a full replacement of the garburator with an 8-year warranty down to him leaving with no work done. Since we rarely use the disposal unit, we opted for removal of the damaged part and replacement with a section of pipe. Tyson was very clear about the options, the cost of each and once we had made our choice, was very efficient and professional in performing the work.

Hello Doug, Thank you so much for the 5 stars! Tyson is a true professional, we're so glad he was able to assist you and fix that leaky garburator. We pride ourselves on arriving on time, in fully stocked vehicles, so that we can complete any kind of job same day. We are very grateful you gave us the opportunity to help and hope to work with you again in the future. - The Clearview Team

Stay away

Three attempts to solve the problem resulted in no satisfaction. Replaced blower (questionable) resulted in no change to the heat issue. Further checks simply resulted in the tech demanding further payments that had nothing to do with the original problem. I strongly recommend that you do not do business with this unscrupulous organization! My experience is that they are in business to find fees not solutions for customers.

We would like to extend to you our most sincere apologies regarding the recent issues with your furnace. We try to maintain the highest standards of service, and would like to speak with you further to help remedy the situation.

My name is Hilary, and I am in the Customer Service department. Please give me a call at 403-216-8439

Rob in Calgary
Rob in Calgary

repair/ replace water softener and humidifier

Great company to work with. easy to book an appointment with minimal wait. reconfirmed appointment and showed up on time. Initially thought i just needed minor repairs to my humidifier and softener, but unfortunately my pressure regulating valve was faulty so the increased pressure in the lines had caused additional damage. Kody was thorough in explaining the issue and providing several options. He was able to complete the work in one day and another employee Zak arrived to assist. Both guys were great and all interactions positive.
The only thing i would like improved by clearview was the blind quote. One price was quoted which was inclusive of materials and labour. I would prefer to know what exactly i'm paying for.

Hello Rob, Thank you so much for the killer review! We're glad to hear you thought so highly of Kody and Zak. We agree - our technicians are highly trained and love helping people. We are grateful you gave us the opportunity to help and hope to work with you again in the future. - The Clearview Team

Zak mathews in Calgary
Zak mathews in Calgary

Very good service

Very polite professional service. Jamil was very knowledgeable and helpful. I was afraid there was a leak but he helped to identify the issue. As well he provided more advice on how to maintain our sink properly

Hi Zak,

It's always great to hear this kind of feedback, thank you so much for sharing the experience you had with Yamil, with us! We pride ourselves on our technician’s training, experience, and attention to detail and are so happy we were able to help with your plumbing issue. We believe that it’s part of our job to make sure our client’s understand anything that is required to maintain the plumbing, and heating systems in their homes. We will always be here if you need us! - The Clearview Team.

service

Everything was done very quickly and professionally
The thermostat installed, furnace and humidifier serviced and the hot water tank flushed. He was very efficient and friendly. Well done. We are very satisfied again.

Thank you for the high praise! Sorry that it can be challenging finding a ethical and professional company these days. We are always a phone call away! The Clearview Team

David in Beaumont
David in Beaumont
1 review Beaumont, AB

Furnace Checkup

Tyson was very professional with his visit A+ service always with this company's employees, when ever i have a problem they solve it for me. Would highly recommend this company

Hi David, Thank you so much for your rave review! We're glad to hear you thought so highly of Tyson, and that he was able to address any and all questions you had, as well as reassure you that you made the right choice when picking Clearview. We are very grateful you gave us the opportunity to help and hope to work with you again in the future! - The Clearview Team

Ben in Calgary
Ben in Calgary

Broken Sewage Pipe

Made a Saturday appointment to repair my seeping sewage pipe from my floor in my crawl space. John was dispatched out early morning and was on time. John’s assessment gave me a few options where he only recommended one cost effective direction. To save me the high cost of calling out a team to excavate only during the week instead asked me to dig out the damaged area and call them back for repair.
Called Jennifer once located the leak and she was able to dispatch Kody the same day to me as John was busy for the rest of the day. Kody was able to replace the pipe for additional cost for the Saturday repair.

Both John and Kody are professional and personable, great work and thank you Jennifer for making this happen in one day. Worth the premium cost for the weekend repair.

Ben

Hi Ben, Thank you for your review! We do agree, John and Kody are great! We're so happy he was able to help and quickly. We know emergencies aren't always convenient, so we're open 24/7 so that we can help anytime. Thank you for putting your trust in us to help your your broken sewer pipe - The Clearview Team

$Andres1910 in Calgary
$Andres1910 in Calgary

the DRAMA that I lived with Clear View Plumbing and Heating Ltd.

This is the DRAMA that I lived using the services of Clear View Plumbing and Heating Ltd.
1. Friday September 14: The drainage of the basement toilet is blocked; dirty water does not flow into the sewer.
2. The Clear View Plumbing and Heating Ltd. website called my attention and I call them by phone requesting the service. FIRST ERROR OF MY PART: I did not read the reviews on the Internet, if I had I would not have called them.
3. The technician arrives at my house and before starting the work, he told me that the toilet is old and that it does not have power flush ... Of course, I did not believe him ... but out of decency I did not say anything (I am a Certified Mechanical Engineer Professional). The technician's argument does not makes sense.
This house is 10 years old built by Shane Homes and all the toilets of the house are of optimum quality, the best in the market and are impeccable, aesthetically and technically.
3. The technician sat on the first step of the staircase and spent about 15 minutes doing calculations, and then he presented three prices ... I chose the one in the middle, CAD $ 896.00. I seemed very high, but I accepted it
4. The technician at no time told me that the drainage work DOES NOT HAVE GUARANTEE ... I discovered it 5 days later when it became clear that the work was a disaster: The toilette had a leak to the floor ... .and the water was returning ... from the drainage pipe to the house.
Obviously, I would not have accepted the technician would touch anything in my house, much less pay 896 dollars WITHOUT WARRANTY.
I signed something on an electronic tablet ... but you do not know what you are signing ... because you can not read until the payment has been completed and you get the PDF invoice over the internet.
5. I called to claim for the quality of work and they sent a new technician. This technician, very gentleman, uninstall the toilet and proceeded to replace for the second time the wax seal to correct the leakage of the toilet toward the floor.
Before re-installing the toilet, the new technician proceeded to check the drain and he figured out that the drain pipe was still plug and he informed to me that the drain work had NO GUARANTEE ... for which I HAD TO PAY AGAIN.
6. I emphatically refused to pay again and asked him to leave the toilet unattended, that I was going to call the police because I felt they were abusing me. (I was very upset, but I was decent)
7. The technician called his manager and he got as an exception “as a courtesy” and they did the job again.
8. The job went well ... the new technician did it in about an hour ... and he did not try to sell anything to me, he did not say anything about the “old” toilette. I still owe the "FAVOR" to the company Clear View Plumbing and Heating ltd.
9. End of the drama. Lesson learned ...talk to your legal advisor before signed the go-ahead of the work order, in your home, at least with this company. …be smart, read all the small letters in the contract, even reading through the electronic tablet, like Superman. And sign the order with witnesses ... do not trust ... do not be naïve.
Luis Calderon.

Hi Luis, thank you for reaching out. We apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations. I understand how stressful a back up in your home can be. Our technician worked hard to not only remove the back up but determine why so that you can fix the issue permanently. When you called us to let us know it was backing up again we did send a technician out to your home and did a courtesy auger for you even though you were advised that we cannot warranty this service. I do hope that the issue has resolved and that you don't experience anymore back ups in your home. - Jennifer

More about Clear View Plumbing And Heating

Here at ClearView Plumbing and Heating we have Two Clear Rules: 1. Do whatever it takes to solve every problem right and leave every customer smiling. 2. When in doubt, see rule #1. This is our promise to you, our customer. We view our jobs not as trades-people, or as plumbers and HVAC.