A-Buhler's Moving & Storage

Reviews for A-Buhler's Moving & Storage

LSilver in Calgary
LSilver in Calgary

Reliable Service

A very friendly business - seemingly family-run. The movers showed up on time, and with everything they needed to properly wrap and transport my belongings. Good-natured guys and very respectful of my belongings as well.

They worked steadily, and were careful to avoid soiling the floors in my new home by laying down runners and so on. I was really pleased that the service matched my expectations and I would call this business again for future needs.

Bouvier in Victoria
Bouvier in Victoria
1 review Victoria, BC

Terrible service

If I could give zero stars I would, Absolutely the worst company around. We moved from Calgary to Nanaimo and on the day they were coming to pick up our stuff a friend had warned us Not to use them. Unfortunately that turned out to be true as one of our TVs were broke on the way. When we called and spoke to Ron he stated we were lucky our stuff even made it at all (good business owner). He then proceeded to say we never purchased insurance, which was never offered to us. From there he told us that he had a tv for us and to speak to one of his employees named joe, wasn’t able to get a hold of him for 3 months. All in all a terrible experience and Ron is an untrustworthy snake with absolutely no idea how to run a business. Hire them at your own risk!!

Romona in Calgary
Romona in Calgary

Move

The movers were very pleasant on the move. Hard working and quite efficient with the job they did. I would highly recommend these movers and would use them again. Great bunch of guys.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you Romona! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you in the future. Enjoy your new home!

Zebra in Calgary
Zebra in Calgary
1 review Cochrane, AB

Local Move

If you hire this company, please, please make sure you get a professional quote with actual numbers, amounts and do not just believe written or verbal statements. Ensure if you have asked for a "few" boxes because it's a small move and you have pre-packed most things already, that they don't later charge you a $100 on the bill and the owner tries to tell you that you used a huge number of boxes. There is a real disconnect between the owner and the movers he contracts out. Make sure if the movers are an hour late that you make note of it by making them rewrite the time or sign that they were an hour late. Also, if they left an hour and a half before they said they did and you were kind enough to drive them over to the local Tim Horton's where they wanted to get a beverage, that they don't later charge you for that and refuse to sign the bill. Check out moved items if you can. If you have a damaged top drawer of your desk and it cannot pull in and out properly anymore you will want it documented before they leave or they will not reimburse you for it. No matter how nice the movers appear to be, check in on them regularly as one might take 3 hours to fill two wardrobe boxes (everything already on hangers!) and put clothing from two shelves and 6 drawers into 3 boxes.
Without them coming to see what you are moving, you don't have a lot of recourse because the owner, Ron, believes "his guys". I was quoted in an email, half of what I was charged and had to pay. I had no appliances, no beds or bedroom furniture, or any of the bulky heavy items in a usual move. This was for one person who moved a very small amount. Just really protect yourself as a consumer and make sure they some see what you are moving, you get a SIGNED quote and then immediately refuse to sign anything the really "pleasant" guys tell you is not a problem. Do not believe that you have any recourse once they have left.

Katrina  from Calgary
Katrina from Calgary

Move from BC to AB

We only went with Buhler's because they are cheap. Dealing with the owner, Ron, was such a headache as he is dishonest and has very poor communication skills. We moved from BC to AB and we were first assured that our belongings would be picked up on April 24, stored for us, and moved to AB for May 1st move-in date. We were informed of a truck breakdown and told that our things would not be picked up until April 30, so we had to make other arrangements for the movers to pick up our things, which we were fine with. However, we were in Banff on May 1, but we drove out to Calgary to meet the movers and let them in. They never arrived. After finally getting through to the office, we learned that our things would be a WEEK LATE. No one had contacted us to tell us this, and we wasted time and gas money driving from Banff to Calgary to meet these people. The lady in the office had no power but she gave us Ron's cell number to try to come to a fair solution. All of our things were with the movers, and we had to buy new items to satisfy our basic needs to survive for the next week (ie: an air mattress, bedding, cooking supplies, etc). When we finally got ahold of Ron, he had the audacity to yell at us over the phone. Yes, this business owner thinks it's appropriate to yell at his paying customers when everything is clearly his fault.

Long story short - if you use Buhler's, you will learn that:

1. Ron is an awful person to deal with, and he will yell at YOU (even if you are a reasonable person who just wants to come to an amicable solution).
2. He will not communicate ANYTHING with you. He will not respond to any emails or voicemails, and you will be left wondering where EVERYTHING you OWN is and what you need to do to in order to get your belongings.
3. Your belongings might arrive late - ours were a week late and we needed to waste money buying things we didn't need just to survive the week we hadn't planned for. Ron gave us twelve different excuses and none of these stories seemed to add up with what the receptionist in the office had told us. He also got very agitated each time we wanted to know what was going on.
4. The movers might break at least one piece of your furniture. They broke a standing wardrobe and just left it in BC.

Save yourself the headache and pay the extra $500.00 for a reliable company.

* As a side note, I would like to say that Aftab is a great employee of this company, and he deserves better. He was one of the movers that delivered our belongings, and he was very kind, reasonable and professional. Ron tried to overcharge me by $30, and when I explained everything to Aftab, he reduced the price and I paid what was agreed upon. He also gave us a free couch and chair for our trouble.

Liz from Edmonton
Liz from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Vancouver to Edmonton move

I wish I had gone to this website and not BBB. It's been 10 days since the move and 9 days since I called Ron to ask where my bed hardware is. I finally called him again tonight and while I was his best friend when I was booking the move he now doesn't remember who I am. His movers smashed a mirror taking it upstairs and didn't tell us. They changed our move date and didn't explain why
His truck leaked oil and we were told later that they had to put our load in a different truck. That would explain the missing boxes and smashed breakables. Do yourself a favor. Pay a little more for a quality move. At least you'll have a bed to sleep in. I wasn't happy with the experience.

Richard from Calgary
Richard from Calgary

Moving

Ron, who runs this company, comes off as a very friendly guy, but he's a terrible person to give business to. Firstly, they do not pack your items safely like they say they do on their website. They don't do any packing AT ALL. They broke a beautiful painting and a shelf without having mentioned anything to me before it had already arrived at the new location. Actually, the broken items didn't even arrive at the new location - they threw it away without telling me. When I asked Ron about what happened, he told me, "It's too bad, you should have packaged it." and "Well, you should have bought insurance." How about that? According to his website, "customized crating of pictures, glass, and marble" is included in his services. I read it out-loud to him on the phone. He then told me that these are a special-order service, and they must be requested prior to the loading date. Yeah, right. Even after proving him a dishonest man, Ron refuses to compensate for the painting that his company destroyed trashed. Heck, if you're going to swipe my painting, at least sell it for some cash. Don't just dump it, that's just mean. He insists that it isn't his responsibility to make sure his customers get what they paid for - a COMPLETE QUALITY SERVICE.
What Ron is suggesting is that he is SOLELY responsible for the transportation of your items, because he doesn't give a damn about the quality of his service or making you happy. How's that for a mission statement? Stay away from this company.

P.S. Also, they will run their shoes on your carpet, they will not provide any of the packing services listed on their website, they don't come prepared with disassembling tools, they will not properly reassemble your pieces upon delivery, and worst of all: they will be dishonest to you.

Stacey  in LANGLEY

403-295-1818
36-5225 6 Street NE
Calgary
AB

This company has taken advantage of elderly people needing to move out of terrible living situations. They over charged my mom who is 70 years old. They also caused damage to her vehicle and refused to cover damages.

Vanessa in Hay river
Vanessa in Hay river
1 review HAY RIVER, NT

Storage

I had my furniture stored here for almost 3 years, when we finally picked it up it was stored in the back of this beat up truck thy didn't use anymore, not in a heated storage unit like the website says. They charged me $131.00 a month for this!!! I don't recommend that anyone deals with this company!!!

More about A-Buhler's Moving & Storage

We have a competitor who wrote a very nasty review about us. Posing as a private person, who we did not move. Also we did not move a Conor Hart, both reviews need to be removed as they are not our clients.