Shakespeare's Appliance Service

Review for Shakespeare's Appliance Service

Peter in Cabbagetown
Peter in Cabbagetown

Fridge repair

My old fridge had been on its last legs for a couple of years. When it conked out the second-to-last time, I got a referral to Ivan, who runs Shakespeare's Appliance Service. To his credit, he returned my call promptly, and showed up at my doorstep within a couple hours.
He's one of those knowledgeable veterans of appliance repair who keeps hoping to retire, but has a good work ethic and hangs in there. His fees were modest, and he proved a good explainer.
It took him some work, but he got my fridge going again, and warned me that my compressor was not long for this world. He was very honest in saying that his repair might last a matter of a few weeks, or it might a few months, but that I would need a new fridge before long. In fact his repair lasted 4 months.
I now have a brand-new refrigerator (see my Bloor Dovercourt Appliances review), but I would not hesitate to call Ivan again for any large-appliance repair issues. He's quiet, presentable, thorough, a bit bohemian. I liked him, and would recommend him to others.