Major Appliances Inc

Tracy in Chestermere
Tracy in Chestermere
1 review Chestermere, AB

Washer and dryer

Was told that we would get our dryer in 3-4 days. Now we are being told it will be a week or more. Not happy that we were not told the truth about the deliver dates, just to make a sale. Now we are left wondering what else we were not told the truth about (warranty etc...). What happened to honesty?? Will NEVER GO BACK!!!!

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Take your business some place else

The first time we purchased appliances they were received dented at one of our rentals.

We purchased appliances again this year as we were in a rush and needed a hoodfan. It was a nightmare and they have no concept of client ownership or follow up.

When I called to speak to one of the store managers she started to raise her voice at me than yelled and started to scream at me. She then hung up on me. I called back and asked for the manager and he said he was the owner I told him what transpired and he kept telling me how great an employee she was and he did not seem to take my complaint seriously.

We own several rentals and frequently purchase appliances; we will never shop here ever again.

They are disrespectful to customers and take no ownership which is the worst combination when it comes to purchasing from a retailer.

I cannot imagine ever shopping at a business that yells, screams and hangs up on customers.

There are so many other options for you to shop at don't waste your time.

Mike Bell from Calgary
Mike Bell from Calgary

Refrigerator

Our previous refrigerator was on its last legs, Major Appliances were called and only charged the 35 dollar service call, even though we did not buy it from them. They repaired it for a minimal charge and told us it would not last. When it did finally quit on us, we took the opportunity to visit their showroom and Kevin and Lee made sure they found us the right refrigerator size and price for us. Delivered in a timely manner and took the old one away. All done in 3 days. Great fridge, great service. Highly recommend them. GerryB.

Tim from Calgary
Tim from Calgary

Fridge and D-W

Bought fridge and Dishwasher from them in 2010. Fridge continually failed to keep food cold. Constantly back and forth for repairs during the first year. Then, it crapped out for good just after warranty was up. Dishwasher never cleaned dishes well. Crapped out in 3.5 years. Horrible customer service too. Avoid.

Keith in Calgary
Keith in Calgary
5 reviews CALGARY, AB

Dishwasher Repair

I had called for warranty repair on a new dishwasher. It turns out the contractor pinched the water supply line during install. The service charge for this work was reasonable and I will use them again.

BJ Oudman in Calgary
BJ Oudman in Calgary

Repair Services on Purchases

I own a few rental properties that I often need to purchase new appliances for. Since I don't want to have things go wong, the advice I got from Major was to put in basic equipment with less electronics. They have worked great and when i purchased form them, their service calls are only $35!

Ricky  in Calgary
Ricky in Calgary
2 reviews CALGARY, AB

New Wash and Dryer

I have a rental that needed a new washer and dryer. It had the old one piece stack and the washer was given a bad burning smell when used. I talked to a few places and finally to Major Appliances. I found them to be very honest and helpful. Since it's just a rental they had either new with cosmetic damages or refurbished washer and dryers. I ending up getting a great deal on a new washer and dryer with very minor scratches at a cost lower than any other place I looked and they included deliver, install and took away the old washer and dryer as well.

Sara in Calgary
Sara in Calgary

Bought 3 appliance

WE bought fridge, stove and D/W and have had the fridge repaired twice in one year. Their customer service experience is bad including losing the record of our purchase. Took the fridge away for repair and said it would be a week and they kept it for 3 weeks. Gave us a loaner fridge.

Jan in Coventry
Jan in Coventry

appliances

Mary in Customer Service is excellent. She has helped me many times with my real estate and rental business. She is knowledgeable of the appliances and offers prompt service to help make the right decision. The customer gets a phone call the morning of delivery and is given an approximate time. Mary’s friendly and efficient service is why I keep going back.

Max - Crescent Height
Max - Crescent Height

Refridgerator

We were shopping for a refriderator and my husband wanted to save $ and so we went to Major Appliances. I was not very comfortable with the idea of "refurbished" fridge but I went with him to check it out. To my surprise, most of the items there were not used but brand new with little dent or scratches, some of them are quite obvious but some are really hard to tell. The appliances are about $300 cheaper than the stores, so I think it is a good deal for a small scratch. The service we got from "BOB" was exceptional, he was so patient and has so much information. Did I mention the delivery are free? Also, they don't have a warranty extension program, but according to Bob, the in house service is about $30 per visit......yes $30! Well, the only problem is they may not carry exactly what you are looking for at the time and that's what happened to us. However, guess what, next time I need any appliance, I will be checking this place first.