92 Thorp Crescent Ajax ON

rob in Pickering
rob in Pickering
1 review Pickering, ON

roofing

This company told me they do a good job and there is a warranty on their work. First, I called 10 times and they do not answer the phone. My roof is in bad shape after 7 years. My shingles are falling to the ground and I found out that the plastic tape on the glue was not removed and the shingles were not glued to each other. They have used an unexperience workers . I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Elizabeth Holt in Pickering
Elizabeth Holt in Pickering
4 reviews Pickering, ON

New Roof

It took 3 full days to replace the shingles of the roof, working hard each day. We only found a few roofing nails on our property. We were very pleased with the work. They were polite and approachable, and on time.

Paul from North York
Paul from North York
4 reviews North York, ON

Roof

905-428-8704
92 Thorp Crescent
Ajax

After reading the 2 previous comments on A & C roofing, I now understand that ignoring warranty calls on defective workmanship is their modus operandi. I purchased an apartment building (12-plex) in Oshawa approx. 2 years ago. The building came with a 10 year (fully transferable) warranty on a roof that was completely re-done in 2007. There happened to be a leak in the roof which made its way to a unit on the top floor. I had my superintendent call A & C and ask them to come out and take a look at the problem. Well, my superintendent called, and visited their offices on at least a dozen occasions. At first they said they bought the business recently and that the fellow that did the original work was out east now and it wouldn't be fair for them to have to do the repair work and honor the warranty. Its a ridiculous argument (which I don't believe to begin with) but if you purchase a company, you purchase the goodwill, assets and liabilities. They then said they would come and take a look. They eventually did come and said they would send someone out soon to do the repair. After another half a dozen calls were ignored I decided to contact another reputable roofer. He confirmed what I suspected, that the original work done to the roof was of poor quality which caused the leak. The bottom line ... avoid these hacks at all costs. Poor workmanship to being with and they definitely do not stand behind their product and honor their warranty.

Shane L from Pickering
Shane L from Pickering
2 reviews Ajax, ON

Re-roofing, gutters

905-428-8704
92 Thorp Crescent
Ajax

Good service - good project management. Good but not great. Imperfect, but reasonable. Price and timing of execution were both good. Imperfect, but I'd be surprised if somebody told me that a semi-complicated roofing job was ever done to absolute perfection.

Nancy in Pickering
Nancy in Pickering
1 review PICKERING, ON

Nancy

I had my roof replaced by A&C Roofing in Pickering 3 years ago. A couple of months ago I noticed my bedroom ceiling was leaking. I called A&C Roofing 7 times to come and take a look as I am still under warranty. They never returned my call. I had to call another roofing company to take care of the problem. I am now taking A&C Roofing to court. DO NOT USE THEM. They do not honor their warranty and they obviously don't do the job right. The sad thing is, I've since discovered that a few of my neighbors who had A&C Roofing do their roofs are having the same problems. I highly recommend you stay far away from this company.

Sad in Oshawa
Sad in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Applied a new roof to my home

In the past summer, during the bad rains, my roof was in very bad shape and my kitchen ceiling was leaking. This company was recommended to me and they were the least expensive of the three I spoke with. I chose them because of the recommendation, not the price. They came very quickly and installed my new roof. I then paid another company to install a new drywall ceiling. Sadly, my father passed away this summer so I was able to do this with my small inheritance. Otherwise, I don't know what I would have done. The last week in November, during a heavy rain, I noticed some bubbles in my beautiful new ceiling. As the evening wore on, The area above my kitchen window started to leak very badly dripping onto the window sill and the floor. I called A&C and left a message. Over the week I left 5 more messages and so far, have heard nothing. I am so very disappointed in this behaviour on my first experience in hiring a contractor, I just can't express it. It really lets me down and now I must find the money to start over. Very upsetting. I really don't know what to do next and I cannot believe I would be the only person that this company has abandonned.