Computer Repairs and Support
4812 MacLeod Trail SW Calgary AB T2G 0A8

Reviews for Memory Express

Laptop, Hard Disk and networking cables

Bought a acer laptop at good price along with a networking hub and hard disks. They will match any advertised price - so make sure to research online prior. After sales service not that great unless the product is defective or you bought warranty. This is better than best buy for pricing and products.

alex jack from Calgary
alex jack from Calgary

Laptop

403-253-5676
4812 MacLeod Trail SW
Calgary
AB
T2G 0A8

I bought an MSI core i5 2410m, nvidea gt540m, 4GB ram, 14.1" screen back in 2011. I asked for a quality machine- something I could take to and from university and that would last. I also opted for their best (4 year) warranty which was about $400. I just graduated and it is still kicking. Not a bad little machine. It even was able to play civ V on pretty good graphics... never overheated and very rarely do I see the blue screen of death. Very impressed with the machine.

That being said, I have had several small issues and I am absolutely dismayed at the level of service I have gotten from Memory Express in Dalhousie (NW Calgary).

First, the input where you plug the power adapter in broke. It was plastic and not designed well. Since I babied the machine I was pretty PO'd when it broke. Memory Express called this physical abuse (isn't plugging in a cord normal "wear and tear"?) and refused to cover the $200 to fix this. As I needed the computer, I paid for it reluctantly.

Later, the HDMI port started to intermittently refuse to connect to my TV. It works on every other computer without fail... Brought it in and Memory Express "couldn't find anything wrong with it"... once again refused to cover replacing the part under warranty.

Lo and behold a few months later the port where you plug the power cord in was getting loose again. Before waiting until it broke I brought it in preemptively to show the manager that it wasn't my fault. Guess what??? ALL my information was deleted from their system. Issue was not resolved and they refused to cover anything under warranty.

Thanks Memory Express for the worst experience I have ever gotten from an electronics vendor EVER. Doesn't help that each time I brought my laptop in for servicing it took you anywhere from 7-14 days to get it back to me.

I'm probably buying another MSI when this one finally bites the dust. Just not from you!

Sofia from Calgary
Sofia from Calgary

hard drive recovery

403-253-5676
4812 MacLeod Trail SW
Calgary
AB
T2G 0A8

We had a computer crash in our home and needed to see if the files saved could be recovered. We called geeks on the way first, they came out, charged an atrocious price and then informed us that nothing could be done. A friends recommended Memory Express so we took the computer there and dropped it off. Within 2 hours they called to tell us that not only was the data fine, the computer was totally fine also. They charged a very low rate, worked, fast and were honest.

Stephanie Warthe from Calgary
Stephanie Warthe from Calgary

Canon Point and Shoot Camera Purchase

Memory Express is always busy, so it can be hard to get unrushed customer service in-store, but they definitely have the best prices in town. They honoured their price match guarantee for my camera purchase with no issues, and had a decent return period. I would buy from Memory Express again in the future!

Bert Rapp from Elliot Lake
Bert Rapp from Elliot Lake
1 review Elliot Lake, ON

Media Player

About two weeks later they still insist on sending me a unit that a customer returned to the store for an unknown reason. My parents' anniversary has since passed. I won't be dealing with them ever again. I buy a lot of stuff online and have never experienced such poor service.

Jun from Vancouver
Jun from Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Extremely slow

I submitted an order online on Boxing Day and today is the ninth day since that. Unfortunately and unbelievably, they still have not shipped the items I ordered. I shop online alot and have never experienced this type of extremely slow shipping before. I emailed their customer service people and told them that I have already received what I bought on their competitors' sites even though I also ordered them on Boxing Day, and they just said that they got a lot of orders to deal with these days. I emailed again and told them that I hope I can receive the products before the deadline for the mail in rebates. And they told me "Please use the e-invoice that was sent thru your email in claiming your mail in rebate". That's all they said. I lol'd. They don't even know their own business because apparently you need the original UPC barcode from the package in order to claim the rebate, which means that I cannot do that until I receive what I ordered. I told them that and haven't gotten a response since then.

Chad from Calgary
Chad from Calgary

Bought 2 laptops

I bought a new Asus laptop in August for my business. By end of August, not working right. Took it in 4 times now over the last 3 months and it has to go in again. I bought the replacement insurance on the computer when I bought it and another new laptop (Acer) to continue using it for work (while they try and fix other) I have asked repeatedly to get a new laptop, but they will not honor their so called insurance. Some of us have to run a business and cannot go back every week to get the same computer fixed over and over. I want what I paid for in the first place, a working computer. I will never shop here again, nor recommend it to anyone. Be careful and do not buy the insurance, it's a waste.

Kenzii in Calgary
Kenzii in Calgary

bought a laptop

I have purchased from Memory Express before and have also purchased parts for when I've updated my laptops. They are extremely knowledgeable and helpful and I am never disappointed.
I don't like to spend a lot of time looking for electronics - I like to be able to go to a store where I trust their expertise and value. These guys have my business until they do something to break that trust. So far so good.

george in Calgary
george in Calgary

2 computers & a router

I have a long history of purchasing with Memory Express. They've always been fast at diagnosing problems with my computers and I've never found better prices anywhere else. I trust them and their team is friendly.

Mabel Manzara in Calgary
Mabel Manzara in Calgary
5 reviews CALGARY, AB

Computer products

I found out the parts I bought is the wrong one, but I cannot refund it after 7 days. I likevtovwarn other to return the product early to avoid losing money

More about Memory Express

Memory Express is a Canadian Electronics company specializing in custom computer builds, laptops, monitors and most of all; AMAZING DEALS. We are confident that we have the lowest price on all products that we will beat any competitor by 25% of the difference!