Comfort King Windows & Doors Ltd

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
HomeStars  >  Windows & Doors Installation & Service in Ottawa  >  Comfort King Windows & Doors Ltd

Reviews for Comfort King Windows & Doors Ltd

GREAT PRODUCT, GOOD INSTALL BUT POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & JUST SLOPPY

The quality of the windows and doors is great and the install was done properly. Bill and Tim did a good job with making sure the new windows fit properly however the care and attention during the installation is another story.

The installers were careless about trying to keep dust down in the living room. The entire living room space was completely covered in dust. I expressed my concerns about this but it didn't seem to bother them. When they moved to the bedroom they were twice as careless. The entire bed was covered in thick dust and debris. If they're not going to use drop sheets to cover furniture they should explain to the home owners they will make a mess. Having this much dust, debris from cutting wood all over my bed was just unacceptable. What a mess but I bit my tongue and let them keep working until I realized my antique dresser was a counter for their power tools!! I gave the installers his tools and said please not on the dresser!! When the installers were done in the bedroom I was watching him clean up, running the vacuum on the nightstands and dresser I cringed and told him to stop and leave the room. The smell of cigarettes was a bit much to deal with. The installer who was working outside was smoking and we could smell it inside. Maybe a bit away from the house would have been better, even more so since my wife was pregnant at the time and they were aware of this.

Verbally the Comfort King installers were polite but coming into someones home for an install is a very personal thing and you would think a bit more common sense would be used. Especially when farting in the living room right next to us. It takes 2 seconds to excuse yourself and go outside or use the washroom you would think the installers would ask which washroom to use... I had to tell them twice to use the washroom in the basement, my wife was using the upstairs washroom since she was pregnant (3 days from the due date). One of the installers used the washroom twice, didn't leave the fan running. The first time the top floor stunk and the second just before they left on the final day, leaving my basement literally smelling like sh*t. The products are great, the install was done right in the end but the job overall was sloppy as heck. I wouldn't recommend Comfort King to anyone based on our experience.

Millen
Millen

Window and door replacement

Absolutely impressed with Comfort King. I Couldn’t have asked for a better experience. All employees were professional, courteous and experienced. Will definitely recommend without hesitation.

Thank you for the recommendation! We strive to provide a quality experience for all our clients, and are glad you were happy with yours.

pierr749
pierr749
1 review Ottawa, ON

Installation of a new window

I received EXCELLENT service -- from initial quote to installation of a beautiful fixed window. My service provider Athena, was exceptionally knowledgeable & patient in helping make my project idea become reality...and I am positively impressed with the outcome result.
Team members - Chris and Kurt demonstrated great professionalism & care in all aspects during the entire installation process. They were very neat, clean & pleasantly friendly -- I hardly did any dusting after they left.
I will definitely use the services of Comfort King in future!
Thank you so much -- Great Service & Unbeatable Quality of windows!

Thanks for the review. We are happy of the team that we have here, and it is always nice to hear that others are just as happy with them. We hope your new window lives up to it's potential.

dudley in Ottawa
dudley in Ottawa

Replacement Bathroom Window

Good experience from start to finish. Knowledgeable sales personal provided all necessary detail/answered all questions. Site survey was professional and on time. Install was on time. Courteous installers. Care taken of bathroom area. Thorough clean-up. Caulking looks great inside and out.

Thanks for the kind words, Dudley. We hope you enjoy your new bathroom window.

inkpot55
inkpot55

basement windows

The two installers, Chris and Bill were great, very neat, clean, customer friendly and did a great job of installing our windows.

It's great to hear you were happy with our installers. We hope you're just as happy with your new windows.

1708 Playfair Drive, Ottawa. Four Basement Windows Replaced

We were extremely happy with the quality of the windows and the work that was done by the two installers. They showed up on time, took care to protect the floors and stairs where necessary. The installation of the four basement windows was quickly and beautifully done, both inside and out, with everything cleaned up afterwords. We would hire this company again in a heartbeat!

Doug Bannard/Diana Winninger.

We're glad you are very happy with your renovation and that it was a good experience. We know the new windows will serve you well.

Susan
Susan

Front door

Thank you so much for a job well done! I would highly recommend this company!

We're glad you enjoy your new front door, Susan. We appreciate the feedback!

customer
customer

5 windows and a patio door replaced

They turned up on the day arranged, put covered on all the floors , installed the windows and door over 2 days. the 3 installers were courteous and answered any questions I had about the work . They took all of the old windows and an other garbage they made with them. I would recommend.
The only negative point with the experience was the length of time it took from paying the deposit to the work commencing. We were told 6 weeks, I think it was more like 10.

Thank you so much for the review! We're sorry you had a delay in starting your project, but also pleased it went great after it had begun.

Eddie M.
Eddie M.

Top Floor Window replacement

The installers were excellent.

Water rot had development under two of the window sills from the original home build and they replaced the 2X6 sills with new wood. This gave me a peace of mind knowing that the job was done correctly.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for the review, Eddie! Installing windows on rotten wood is not something we'd accept. We hope you enjoy your new windows.

More about Comfort King Windows & Doors Ltd

Comfort King has been trusted with more than 100,000 professional installations of windows and doors for over 40 years. We have earned the respect of homeowners all over the Ottawa region, from Kanata to Orleans and Rockcliffe to Manotick.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Windows, Doors, Sidelights, Patio Doors, Garden Windows and a very full selection of wood window and door products
Supply and installation or supply only of quality windows, entry doors and patio doors as well as siding.
Armor Windows & Patio Doors, Strassburger Windows & Patio Doors, WeatherSeal Windows, Portatec Entry Doors, EntryGuard Entry Doors, Dorplex Entry Doors, Sierra Pacific Wood Windows & Patio Doors, Kaycan Siding.
Casement Windows, Awning Windows, Single & Double Slider Windows, Single & Double Hung Windows, Bay Windows, Bow Windows, Fixed Windows, Entrance Doors, Sidelights, Transoms, Patio Doors, Greenhouse Windows.
From our over 40 years in the window and door industry, we have a vast knowledge of CUSTOM design to enhance your home. We can make your home go from plain to special to spectacular.
1976