Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd

#200 17633 114 Ave NW Edmonton AB T5S 2R9
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Edmonton  >  Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd

George in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Andrew MacLeod and his apprentice Justin were just at our home to remove and reinstall a new hot water heater. Thank you guys for your clean and precise work, and also for not setting off our smoke detector with your solder torch as my significant other was still asleep. LOL
Job well done guys...... Spectacular...

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us George! We are glad to hear that our technicians are delivering quality workmanship on the job. We hope that you remain satisfied with your new hot water heater, and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to call our office any time.

Cindy in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

My earlier experiences with the company were very good, although as others have mentioned, very expensive. The last experience, though - several times while they've been out for other work I've asked them about a pesky leak behind the shower wall, and they were never able to locate it. I paid a handyman to come in and tear the wall out beyond the access panel so that Always could access it fully. While it's now quite clear where the water is coming from and where it's going, the plumber that attended (and charged me for the privilege of a quote) still maintained that it was going to be a trial and error event, and then provided me a quote of $775 several days later. I'm afraid I feel somewhat manipulated. I'll eat the call out fee I was charged, and will not be putting it toward the $775 "maybe this'll fix it, maybe it won't" quote I was provided, I'd rather deal with someone slightly more confident in their own abilities. Seriously, it's a leak. You're a plumber. If you can't FIX the leak, then what are you FOR? Yeesh.

Job Price

Hi Cindy, My name is Glenn and I am the owner of Always Plumbing & Heating. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you had with our plumbing services. I would like to investigate this matter further so that we can address these issues and prevent them from happening again. If you could contact me in my office so that we can discuss the details of your situation it would be greatly appreciated. My office number is 780-489-8118 Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you about the concerns that you presented.

Kiersten Crane from St. Albert
2 reviews Saint Albert, AB

We had previously had Always Plumbing install a hot water tank. We were happy with the service but found them a little pricey. They were about $200.00 more than other plumbers but were available to come right away the next day.

However, I called in advance to see how much a dishwasher install would be. I was advised by the customer service associate that they could not price the job until they got on site, but that there would be a call out fee of $89.00 for them to even come and look at it. We had been quoted $300.00 from another company, but had liked the service that we got from Always so I booked the appointment. I was however shocked when they arrived and informed me that it would be $400.00 plus the call out fee.

I am extremely disappointed in the surprise pricing policy, especially when I called to get a quote in advance. When they arrive at the door the customer has already invested $89.00 only too find out that they are more expensive than other plumbing companies.

I provided this feedback to them in an email when asked to rate the company and never received a response. I will not ever use them again, based upon their surprise very expensive pricing, which is a shame because they do good work.

Norm Teibe from Sherwood Park
1 review Sherwood Park, AB

Always Plumbing and Heating is a Great company to deal with.
They have knowledgable & conscientious installers who did a great job.
We are very satisfied.
We would highly recommend this company!

Linda in Edmonton
7 reviews Edmonton, AB

Always provided and installed furnaces in both my house and a rental property (for a total of over $16,000). Their installers did a great job (this is apparently more important than the brand of furnace). My biggest problem was trying to get the company to send me one of the two Provincial Rebates (they sent one but there should have been one for each property). Numerous calls did not get it resolved. In particular, trying to get Cam (apparently one of the owners) to even take may concern seriously was impossible. He refused to take my calls or to respond. I will never recommend or use a company that treats a customer so poorly - especially a customer who spent so much money. Very poor customer service!

Carsten from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

Happy with the install of a new central A/C. Had 2 little issues after the install which we're addressed by the company once I informed them about it. Still waiting for a promised winter cover after 1 month.

Megan Baugh from Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

I used Always Plumbing to check a furnace at ony of my rental properties. It was a Saturday and they were the only ones I could get to come out. I spoke to Melinda and she informed me that the call out fee on Saturday would be $169. She said that if he was there only a short time (we thought it was just the pilot light) there would be no additional charge and they billed by the hour after that. She repeated several times that the technician would not do any additional work without my prior consent. She even told me that she had instructed technicians to leave a jobsite without completing repairs if the landlord could not be contacted for authorization. The technician called me at 12:13pm to say he could not locate the house. My tennants called me at 12:37pm to say that the technician had left and the furnace was working. I assumed this meant there was no additional charges other than the call out fee. When I checked my credit card statement, they had charged me almost $600!!!!!!!!! ***UPDATE THE SITUATION WAS RECTIFIED WITHIN 2 DAYS AND A REFUND WAS ISSUED****

Review has 1 previous version
Tina from Edmonton
10 reviews Edmonton, AB

My insurance company referred me to this plumber for hot water tank issue, the plumber was very honest and showed me what issues were causing us trouble. He fixed the tank in a timely fashion and was very professional

More about Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd

WE Want To Be YOUR Plumber! ! ! Always Plumbing & Heating Ltd. will ensure you are a happy and satisfied customer. We don’t want to just come in and fix your immediate plumbing and heating needs. . . we want to be your plumber for life. We ...