HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Carleton Place  >  Carleton Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Carleton Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

john flinn in Carleton Place
1 review Carleton Place, ON

You want service, you want professionalism, you want to be warm when its cold and you want the hot water at the end of the day....not a lot to ask for hunh ?

Well these luxuries came to a quick end when the last storm hit and my sump pump failed to keep up and I lost heat, hot water, comfort and possessions.

I phoned a friend of mine (Dan, congrats on the engagement) who works for Carleton Refrigeration. Dan delivered, he put me in touch with the 24 hour emergency on call service (Matt Hauraney) Matt informed he would be right out to my home explaining the service, fees and the time to expect him. Well Matt showed and red flagged both my furnace and hot water tank. Yup, efficiently, professionally and mostly SAFELY disconnected the units. Flooded and failed equipment is dangerous. Matt generated a quote for me in a matter of minutes and explained the benefits of all the equipment quoted, value, efficiency, warranties and mostly cost effectiveness. Also mentioning the furnace would be a 'two stage' YORK. Two stages meaning nothing to me, (I'm a roofer) he explained, efficiency, performance, reliability, cost effectiveness and mostly...mostly, he could install within 48 hours.

So I slept the warmth of a space heater and relied on my neighbours (Mandy & Kyle) for the use of a shower. Best part was knowing I was safe from malfunctioning equipment and I had a very competitive quote for the two appliances. Thank u Matt !

After scheduling things up with the very knowledgeably and friendly office staff, (Lindsey) I was informed I was on the schedule and would be comfortable shortly.

Within 36, hours Matts coworkers(Josh, Ben and a Co-op student) arrived to re and re the appliances. Incredibly professional tradesmen. Clean, neat, polite, professional, respectful, knowledgeable. I can't say thank you enough, I was in a terrible bind and this company and all its staff delivered well beyond anything I could have imagined. Full explanations on all operations and functions. Clean up excellent, all warranty and important docs provided, and the care they took of my home...exceptional.

This is a local company, family owned with local employees who genuinely care for peoples comfort. To say they delivered is an understatement. This is a team of people that like what they do for who they do it for.

It gets better, Lindsey emails me the documents for the manufacturers coverage and asks that I stop in to sign at my earliest convience. Lindsey processed a Government rebate for me due to upgrading to 'hi efficiency' appliances. Thank you Lindsey your a gem !

It doesn't end...nope. Roger Holmes emails me asking if he can do a quality check on his staff. I politely decline. Roger insists and informs me its standard practice. I get it, I comply, we schedule the meeting. Well, I went from crisis to cruise. Yup, Roger presented me the the tickets (me + 1) to a 4 day 3 knight cruise out of Florida with the flights out of Ottawa included. Seems they have something going in the promotion department for November. Call Roger, he has the details. Also, he did perform a quality check.

I am floored. Talk about icing on the cake.

Dan, Matt,Josh,Ben, Lindsey, Roger, and all the staff that make this company stand out in a very competitive market, thank you, thank you very very much !!

Five stars plus !!

John D. Flinn

BB in Perth
1 review Perth, ON

We had a furnace issue . We talked to Carleton first thing Monday morning, and had a tech there within and hour. It was determined it was time for a new one (old one was 25 years old). The next day, Our old furnace was removed and a new one was installed and hooked up. The guys (Ben and Kyle) were pr0mpt, courteous and tidy - great job!

Carl Hudon - Kanata

I called Carleton Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning to get a water heater replaced - I had called 2 other local companies as well. Carleton Heating were super at every level. From Lindsey at the office to Chris in sales. Everyone was prompt and courteous. Special Kudos to the crew that did the install at my house (Kyle and Dave) who were excellent - explained everything to me at a level I could understand

Mike in Stettler
1 review Stettler, AB

Starting the heating season with a non-working furnace is no fun. We called Carleton Refrigeration, Heating, and AC to check it out. It took about 10 business days to come to the conclusion that our 21 year old furnace needed the heat exchanger replaced. It was an easy decision to replace it with a new furnace featuring newer technology and an energy star rating. The installation team of Kyle and Ben were great. They took care of the old furnace and had the new up and running by the end of the day. Overall, while it was a slow start to figure out the problem with the old furnace, the new furnace is working like a charm.

2 reviews Carleton Place, ON

For second time in a row, I have had an annual inspection/maintenance with Carleton. Extremely happy both times. Very through work - more than any other company I have used.

Satisfied Customer on High Street in Carleton Place
1 review Carleton Place, ON

A competing HVAC company which has had our loyalty for years found a cracked heat exchanger then shut off our older furnace and the gas to it. We were happy that this safety issue was found, but disappointed when they pushed replacing the unit rather than helping with the more affordable repair. Thankfully we approached
Carleton Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning to help get our heat safely going again. I would like to begin by saying it’s great to work with a company that truly knows it’s business and are highly customer-focused. They were prompt, honest and gave us a fair assessment of our options. Though an older unit they advised the part was still under warranty and installation was priced fairly. We made a reasoned decision to repair the unit which is expected to provide heat for many more years. The work was done quickly, efficiently, with great follow up on our satisfaction. Kudos to Tracy and Matt for making this experience a positive one.

Andrew in
1 review Perth, ON

Carleton refrigeration technicians came to my house to service my furnace and clean the ductwork. I had 3 different technicians at my house, and they all were polite and professional. There was a mistake made, but the technician who was present was quick to apologize and take responsibility. He told me he would take care of the error and make it right. He kept his word. In a matter of minutes I received a phone call from a manager, and they made sure the work was carried out and completed correctly, and did not charge me for the service. They took ownership over the mistake, and they quickly made a bad situation into a really great experience. I am planning to use Carleton refrigeration for the furnace and other heating repairs I currently require, and I would confidently recommend them for your heating and cooling needs.

Jim Fraser in Whitby
4 reviews Smiths Falls, ON

Found company on Home Stars but also recommended by Real Estate agent. Crew came in time and removed old furnace and replaced with new in a timely manner. The two installers were friendly and encouraged any questions that I may have. Once the furnace was installed and job site cleaned up the work process was totally explained to me. The installers did not collect payment as it was a separate process and dealt with the office by phone, email and finally in person to finalize my payment. It was my choice to go in person as you could also mail your or e-transfer your payment. It was a total pleasant experience and l also had the air conditioner repaired by same company on the same day as furnace install but by another tech who was also outstanding. BTW I love the company hat given to me at the office.

John from Home
3 reviews Carleton Place, ON

Annual cleaning and checkup of our furnace and tank less hot water heater. Arrived on time, courteous as usual and all went well. Would recommend,without hesitation, their service to anyone.

drsteeves in Ottawa
1 review Carleton Place, ON

I have had extensive HVAC work completed by this company. Top quality products and professional service is the hallmark of this vendor. I continue to use them for new installations in my personal home due to the quality they continue to deliver.

More about Carleton Refrigeration Heating & Air Conditioning Ltd

Carleton Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning Ltd.

"Your Comfort Specialists"

Our team of award winning professionals provide quality installation and service of Furnaces, Central Air Conditioning, Ductless Splits, Heat Pumps, Geothermal Systems, Water Heaters, Boilers, and Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV).

Serving West Ottawa and the Ottawa Valley for 42 Years. A+ Member of BBB www.carletonrefrigeration.com