Square One Design Ltd

Square One Design Ltd

Review for Square One Design Ltd

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Bad company

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, especially if you have a small job. I had a very bad experience with the Calgary NE location. I ordered a small backsplash and was advised to have their team come do the final template (measuring the size) because there were plumbing fixtures coming out of the backsplash. I agreed. Someone came to do a rough measure in order to quote and get a deposit. The person in the showroom, the contract and the fellow at my home all referred to a template measurement by someone from the company as soon as my vanity was in place. The contract allowed for 3 payments, a deposit, one pmt after template and the rest when the material was in my hands. They put the entire amount in two payments through on my visa before i had the backsplash or a final measure, refused to do the template measure, made up a false story, gave me a piece of backsplash the estimated size - not the final size - with no holes. In order to get my order i had to negotiate and make my own template having never done that before. One employee there did manage to arrange to get me the right sized piece with holes drilled according to MY template. For that i am grateful. I had already filled out paperwork for small claim court but accepted the compromise. There is a serious lack of integrity and outright dishonesty with this company. I saw no attempt by the owner to make it right. No one was truly in charge. I hope to save others the trouble i had.