General Contractors

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

Zack Dawood
Zack Dawood

Attic Insulation

Our house is 25 year old town house, My Attic temperature was too hot in Summer and too cold in Winter compared to the Ground Floor and First Floor with almost 5-8 degree difference. Called Great Northern Insulation, booked an appointment for the estimate. The technician arrived assessed the Attic provided estimates for R-60 Blown Cellulose, along with Install air baffles where possible to maintain ventilation from the eaves. Once i checked the estimates, booked the appointment to get the attic insulated. The complete process of insulation was done in less than an hour, the truck arrived with the cellulose foam with the blower. Also the technician request to inspect the insulation after the process. Now the temperature in my home is consistent from Ground floor to the attic.

The best part the entire process was done super clean, all the furnitures were covered and few left over foam from the floor was vacuum cleaned to the perfect. Also the hose was brought from the window in the third floor instead of running through the stairs.

Borka in Toronto
Borka in Toronto
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Attic Insulation

GNI installers Henry and Jake did an outstanding job installing loose fill cellulose in our attic. First, when they arrived they introduced themselves.
They demonstrated expert knowledge and performance.
Further, they were very polite, answered all our questions making sure we understand the scope of work.
We were impressed with how they did the work without making a mess and cleaned up so everything was left spotless.
If you are planning on insulating your home, and you want a high level of satisfaction from a job well done, we highly recommend Great Northern Insulation. You will be glad that you did.
Henry and Jake were best of the best. Thank very much.
Installers Henry and Jake were best of the best.

Petros in Hamilton
Petros in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Attic Insulation

Very satisfied with my attic insulation. The 2 gentleman were very courteous and made every effort to keep their area clean. Hoses used were in dirty condition. I was told truck was equipped with "new construction" hoses.

Christina in Toronto
Christina in Toronto
1 review Newmarket, ON

Attic insulation

I needed my attic insulation done. The crew was polite and willing to explain all steps involved in the process. It made the work clean and easy. Thank you very much.

D. J Taylor in St. Catharines
D. J Taylor in St. Catharines
1 review St. Catharines, ON

Attic insulation

Great Northern Insulation
800-265-1914

I contacted Great Northern Insulation on the advice of a contractor friend who has used the company a few years ago on his own home. John Plumstead came down to check out the attic and to give us a quote the very same day we called Great Northern.

Only a couple of weeks later Chris L and Sean M came down and did the attic using the cellulose product . This brought the attic to an R60 from R40. The employees were polite, courteous and efficient . And they even vacuumed the stairs!

We would highly recommend Great Northern Insulation

D.J. Taylor

Private User reviews , ON

Attic Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is one company you trust. They were professional, as well as courteous and friendly. We had a very drafty condo. As they blew in the insulation I noticed a big reduction. Now the house is draft free and much warmer than ever. I highly recommend everyone should do this and I recommend they should do it with Great Northern Insulation.

Keith in Toronto
Keith in Toronto
1 review Woodstock, ON

Home Insulation

My home is 130 years old and has never had insulation. I contacted GNI for a quote. The sales rep, Matt, was very friendly and knowledgeable. We opted to get spray foam insulation as it would give us the r value in the walls and work best with our home's construction. The installation team, Reinier and Christian, arrived on time the day of installation and did an absolutely fantastic job. Our home is actually warm now and there's no more drafts. We never imagined that a house this age could be retrofitted to be so warm, comfortable, and energy efficient. Our furnace is running a lot less now to keep the house warmer than it was prior to insulating. I can't wait to see how this translates into heating bill savings.

Hi Keith,
We are very pleased to hear that everything went smoothly and that you are already feeling the difference in your home.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Insulation to the Attic , Furnace Room & Hot Water Tank Room

GNI Sales Rep , Sales Mgr & Service Coordinator all helped play their part to arrange for the work on December 11, 2018 , with a cancellation !
The crew of Sean and James were very courteous , professional , did not stop working and even cleaned up after their work which is "unusual" in present day climate .
So much so the Energy Auditor even praised GNI professionalism especially of the R60 Attic insulation "well done" on inspection on Wednesday, December 19 , 2018 , and also took photos .
For me GNI exceeded my expectations and I will recommend them .

We love exceeding expectations! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.

Sav in Toronto
Sav in Toronto

Attic Insulation - Cellulose

We bought a house with attic insulation that was R-11 and didn't even reach the top of the 6" joists. Tom and Cohen worked diligently in our low angle roof to give us the R-60 rating we wanted. They were careful, clean and friendly. The job was well done. Thank you!

We will be sure to pass along the message to our crew that you were so pleased. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.