HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Milton  >  Great Northern Insulation

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

C & L in North york
C & L in North york

Totally Professional Experience

I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe our recent experience with Great Northern Insulation. Everyone who assisted us with improving our insulation was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and totally professional.

We arranged with Lowes to have insulation added to our attic as part of the GreenON program. Within a few days I was contacted by Glenn, from Great Northern Insulation, who arranged to come and take measurements. Glenn was extremely helpful in showing us where we needed to upgrade our insulation and where it was adequate. He started the GreenOn application process and took the initial pictures. He made that part of the process extremely easy. The quoted price was excellent even without the GreenON rebate.

Shortly after signing on with Glenn, Kim, from the customer eXperience team, contacted us to offer us some dates. Once again, she modelled all the attributes of Great Northern. When we had to go back and change the date she called us back quickly and worked with us to find another time.

Exactly as scheduled, Nathan and his assistant Brandan, arrived and with total care for our home and completely professional service, they increased the level of insulation in the portion of the attic that was deficient. While the heat wave had broken, it must still have been incredibly hot in the attic and under all their protective clothing. When completed, they vacuumed up he entire area leaving no trace of the process. Nathan even showed us the after pictures to illustrate the new level of insulation we now had.

This install was incredibly professional, easy and extremely positive. Great Northern Insulation is a wonderful company to choose to have work done in your home.

Hi C & L
We cannot think of enough superlatives to describe how much we love to see reviews like this! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with us and we will be sure to pass the message along to everyone you have mentioned to let them know to keep up the great work!

Private User reviews Bradford, ON

Wall insulation

They came on time and were professional. The one problem they had to spend a lot of time fixing a hose that was pretty old. Cleaned up after which was not ce.

Terry in Toronto
Terry in Toronto

Attic insulation

John and Jefferson from GNI, Barrie were great in service and kept my family informed and amused during the whole process. They were on time, courteous and did complete clean up before leaving. (Tarun Singh)

John in New Tecumseth
John in New Tecumseth
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

John Plester

Tom and John showed up on time ad where very pleasant. I didn't want the truck on my driveway which was not a problem for them. They said they had plenty of hose and wasn't a problem. They did a great job and I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks for a great job. you have one happy customer here. John

M from Brampton
M from Brampton

Attic Insulation

From beginning to end, using GNI was money well spent! The company is organized and very professional. Alana provided us with a reasonable quote and answered any questions I had about the top up insulation we would receive. Nick organized our date of service. My parents were there on the day of installation and spoke VERY highly of how friendly and professional John, Josh and Jefferson were. They cleaned up afterwords and explained our need for extra roof vents to help with attic air circulation. Most importantly though, we feel the difference. Rooms are cooler - which can be hard in an older split level home. Highly recommend!!

hungpng56 in Brampton
hungpng56 in Brampton

Attic insulation

Your service was excellent, the crew was pleasant, on time, presenting a good professional manner. Explained to me what they were going to do. The crew did a good job to clean my house, they left nothing to complain about. Thanks to Mr John, Josh and Jefferson to keep my family warm in winter.

mkemp1988 in Barrie
mkemp1988 in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

Attic insulation

The technicians were on time, polite and friendly. Tom, John, and Brian were very clean and vacuumed up any mess before they left.

I noticed a difference right away, and we are happy to have chosen Great Northern Insulation.

Steve in Perth
Steve in Perth
1 review The Blue Mountains, ON

Home Attic Insulation (top up)

My insulation was installed by Derek, Tom and Drew. They arrived on time and worked together as a team to get the job completed in about 90 minutes. They explained and showed me what they were going to do and then let me know when they were complete, so I could take a look (I took before and after photos). They made minimal mess and then vacuumed up after they had finished blowing. It was a lot less invasive than I had expected. The team were professional and I felt confident that they knew what they were doing. I would highly recommend this team. Steve Bennett

Michael Finlay in Toronto
Michael Finlay in Toronto
1 review Owen Sound, ON

Home from 1906 renovation

I am renovating a 1906 brick home. I chose drill and fill insulation to not destroy all the original plaster which has so much character. I am glad that I chose this method and especially this company. They answered all my questions and took care of everything efficiently.

Gerry in
Gerry in
1 review , ON

Spray foam insulation in basement

The guys that came to do the job where friendly but missed spraying behind some duct work. Plus the overspray up my basement stairs, landing, walls and doors was crazy. I'm still trying to get it off. I'm happy with the product but would have liked a much lighter colour to be used in my basement instead of purple.
My main issue is with the billing department. The deposit was taken off my credit card which I authorized. On the day the job was completed I gave the guy in charge a certified cheque for the remaining balance and everything should have been fine. But it wasn't because GNI then took the balance off my credit card again (which I had already paid and was not authorized by me) The mistake was eventually found, rectified and was followed by a phone call and apology but in the meanwhile my credit card had finance charges and late payment fees (almost $30) added on that I wasn't aware of. And Of course I had to pay for later.

Hi Gerry
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. Due to limited information on your review, we are unable to locate your contact information. Our Customer Experience Team would like to speak to you directly regarding your concerns. Great Northern Insulation would be happy to reimburse you for any cost you incurred due to our error. We would also like to make sure that any over spray and missed areas have been addressed. We look forward to hearing back from you Gerry!

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.