General Contractors

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

Zack Dawood
Zack Dawood

Attic Insulation

Our house is 25 year old town house, My Attic temperature was too hot in Summer and too cold in Winter compared to the Ground Floor and First Floor with almost 5-8 degree difference. Called Great Northern Insulation, booked an appointment for the estimate. The technician arrived assessed the Attic provided estimates for R-60 Blown Cellulose, along with Install air baffles where possible to maintain ventilation from the eaves. Once i checked the estimates, booked the appointment to get the attic insulated. The complete process of insulation was done in less than an hour, the truck arrived with the cellulose foam with the blower. Also the technician request to inspect the insulation after the process. Now the temperature in my home is consistent from Ground floor to the attic.

The best part the entire process was done super clean, all the furnitures were covered and few left over foam from the floor was vacuum cleaned to the perfect. Also the hose was brought from the window in the third floor instead of running through the stairs.

George Chang
George Chang
6 reviews Caledon, ON

Attic insulation

I contacted GNI for a quote and received a quick email response setting up the date and time. Alana showed up as scheduled and did a thorough inspection of the attic. I found her to be very knowledgeable and well organized. She advised that I would receive a quote in the email which came the same day. The price they quoted me was very competitive and the scheduling process was made easy by Nick. The crew consisting of Tom, Brian and Cliff showed up just as scheduled and worked diligently for several hours. Upon completion of the work, Tom insisted that I take a look at the job and I found this to be commendable as it demonstrates the kind of confidence and pride they have in their work. The cleanup was equally impressive as they left the area exactly the same as it was before they started the job. Overall, I'm glad I chose GNI as the entire process was stress free.

Hi George,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We love to hear the feedback throughout the entire process, and we will make to let Alana, Nick, Tom, Brian and Cliff know they did a great job!
Thanks!

Private User reviews Tory Hill, ON

Spray foam

Great job
Friendly service
Arrived on schedule date and time
Job site was left completed and clean
Would highly recommend this company to friends and family.
Very happy with completed job

Roger in Etobicoke
Roger in Etobicoke

Attic Insulation

Great service, quote was timely and installation was exactly when booked - took about 2 hours to complete work, house feels much more comfortable- looking forward to see energy savings

Private User reviews Barrie, ON

Foam insulation garage ceiling bedroom above

Sales person answered all calls immediately for any questions and they arrived early on the scheduled install date
Installers were pleasant and professional ensuring complete coverage of entire ceiling and took care to insure no overspray and that site was left clean
Hurray for warm floors

Kurtis Chapman in Hastings
Kurtis Chapman in Hastings
1 review Hastings, ON

New Home Construction

I couldn't be happier with the level of service provided by Great Northern, especially the sales consultant Matt Ryan. I was referred to them by one of my contractors after struggling to find a company that I wanted to work with. Matt took the time to meet me on site right away and I had a competitive quote in my hands with a few days. The entire process was very easy from start to finish. I would highly recommend them.

Private User reviews Wasaga Beach, ON

Attic Insulation

My neighbor recommended GNI. Attic insulation was badly needed for my waterfront property. Tom and Brian did a great job with this task. An additional 27 bags of insulation was used up for an attic on 1,000 sq. ft.
I can already feel a big difference in the temperature.
Thanks GNI

RC-Caledon
RC-Caledon
1 review Caledon, ON

Attic insulation upgrade

Working with the GNI team was smooth and professional. From the start, it was a textbook case of great client service and project management. The team I worked with was Alana, Nick, Tom, and Brian.

I requested a quote on the web and received a reply that I would be contacted within two days. On the second day, I got a call saying Alana would be passing by to conduct the initial inspection. The day before the inspection date, they even called to confirm the appointment. Nice touch!

Alana arrived on time, inspected our attic and gave her assessment and gave a timeline for when the quote would arrive. The quote arrived within a week and I confirmed over the web and the deposit was arranged with Nick. Once the deposit cleared, Nick gave a time for the install team to arrive.

On that day, Tom and Brian arrived, took the time to cover our furniture, lay down cardboard on the floor, and then got to work. Afterwards, they cleaned up, vacuumed, and let us know and inspect the work. Everything was great and the results could be felt later that evening as we didn't need to turn on the heat like we normally would have.

Overall, it was as smooth an experience you could ask for during a reno. They were responsive, set and managed expectations, and delivered on time and budget. Textbook :)

Christian in Caledon East
Christian in Caledon East
1 review Caledon, ON

Attic Insulation Work

Good experience from the get go, friendly customer service, got a quote on initial visit and job was completed 4 weeks later. Tom, Brian and Kyle are a great crew, they know there stuff. Very cost efficient and should have done this 3 years ago, I can feel the house is warmer on day 1! Cheers Christian

Hi Christian,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback and will pass along the message to our crew that they did a great job. Enjoy your lower heating bills!
Thanks, GNI

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.