HomeStars  >  General Contractors in Milton  >  Great Northern Insulation

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

C & L in North york
C & L in North york

Totally Professional Experience

I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe our recent experience with Great Northern Insulation. Everyone who assisted us with improving our insulation was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and totally professional.

We arranged with Lowes to have insulation added to our attic as part of the GreenON program. Within a few days I was contacted by Glenn, from Great Northern Insulation, who arranged to come and take measurements. Glenn was extremely helpful in showing us where we needed to upgrade our insulation and where it was adequate. He started the GreenOn application process and took the initial pictures. He made that part of the process extremely easy. The quoted price was excellent even without the GreenON rebate.

Shortly after signing on with Glenn, Kim, from the customer eXperience team, contacted us to offer us some dates. Once again, she modelled all the attributes of Great Northern. When we had to go back and change the date she called us back quickly and worked with us to find another time.

Exactly as scheduled, Nathan and his assistant Brandan, arrived and with total care for our home and completely professional service, they increased the level of insulation in the portion of the attic that was deficient. While the heat wave had broken, it must still have been incredibly hot in the attic and under all their protective clothing. When completed, they vacuumed up he entire area leaving no trace of the process. Nathan even showed us the after pictures to illustrate the new level of insulation we now had.

This install was incredibly professional, easy and extremely positive. Great Northern Insulation is a wonderful company to choose to have work done in your home.

Hi C & L
We cannot think of enough superlatives to describe how much we love to see reviews like this! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with us and we will be sure to pass the message along to everyone you have mentioned to let them know to keep up the great work!

Raymond Frank from Barrie
Raymond Frank from Barrie
6 reviews Barrie, ON

Incredible Service

This company provides incredible service from sales to job finished! Highly recommended. Many thanks to the crew Tom and John. Not only were they highly professional they were very attentive to our home protection and both exhibited great and friendly communication skills.

Thank you so much!

Thanks Raymond for your Review!

Robert van den in Toronto
Robert van den in Toronto

attic insulation

initially we had some issues with scheduling the work, however the actual work was done a very professional and clean way, the crew was very knowledgeable and respectful, great job done!

michael in Barrie
michael in Barrie
1 review Barrie, ON

attic insulation upgrade

GNI was fast and professional. the process from start to finish was a little over a month.
the crew showed up and was clean and friendly.
upgrade was to R60 and the family could notice the difference on the upper floor the same night.
I am using GNI again for spray foam of my basement and garage.

regards,

mike

K. Revoy in Whitby
K. Revoy in Whitby
3 reviews Whitby, ON

Attic insulation

I would highly recommend this company. They are competitively priced, arrived on time and explained everything in detail. The installers were prompt, explained everything and cleaned up after the work was done.

Paul R. in Scarborough
Paul R. in Scarborough

Attic Insulation

I want to thank Shawn and the team at Great Northern for their professional, courteous, and thorough work. The team was well organized and very efficient, especially working in this hot weather.
Thank you.

81GB in New Tecumseth
81GB in New Tecumseth
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Attic insulation top-up

Barrie team of John, Brian & Jefferson arrived on time. Each worker seemed to have an assigned task however could jump in to assist as necessary. My new carpeting and paint job as well as antiques were protected by drop cloths or cardboard on the wall corners. The areas affected were vacuumed on completion. They were friendly & respectful to me and used no expletives!

Many thanks and I will recommend Great Northern Insulation.

mona in Toronto
mona in Toronto

insulation on roofing

although the weather is hot, they worked on the roof, but very effecient . And after, worker explain clearly what they did on the roofing. How protection after they sprayed. After they vaccum the floor which is dusty. Workers are good manner.

Excellent Sales, Poor Installation, Excellent Customer Service

**I write this review not to discourage others from using GNI, but to educate you to ask any potential company on the training they provide to their employees and to ensure the team that will be working on your home is experienced.**

I had 4 spray foam companies quote me in January 2018. GNI was not the cheapest nor the most expensive - they were reasonable. In fact, their sales person, Alex K., was awesome and took the time to answer every question I had and did not push for the sale. He was open and honest and answered my many calls. He is the reason I choose GNI.

In retrospect, that may have been a mistake - going with GNI. Based on the many deficiencies in workmanship by GNI, I will not consider them for future projects.

NOTE: I am referring to the installation team, and not their Sales or Customer Service group. Unfortunately, one bad employee or group will reflect negatively on the entire company as GNI management is ultimately responsible for who they hire and the training they provide.

Should the installers have taken their time and care, they could have avoided the obvious:
- Voids in various area (basement headers, behind electrical outlets, low corners, skylight opening)
- Cut electrical and security wires during trimming/cleaning

The reason for the low star rating is not due to the voids, which is still a concern, but because of the cut electrical - major safety issue. Although GNI was very responsive and stated they would cover the cost to have the damage repaired and to have the voids refilled. This could have been completely avoided by a qualified installation team. I appreciate the quick response and GNI offering to cover the cost of the electrical repairs, but what they don't understand is that this caused a domino affect and delayed the completion of the renos since drywall had to be pushed back, and then other trades.

The point is, there is no excuse for shady work like cutting wires. Absolutely not acceptable.

I hope I am the only one that has experienced this issue, and I hope they have either terminated the install team that did the work or has provided them ample training.

GNI, as you know - it takes years to gain a customer, but only minutes to lose one. You have lost my future business.

Thank you for your feedback. Customer service and quality of work is extremely important to GNI. We would like to opportunity to discuss with you directly. Please contact us at 1.800.265.1914.

Happy! in New Tecumseth
Happy! in New Tecumseth
1 review New Tecumseth, ON

Attic insulation

They were great, quote was quick instation guys were great! Can’t wait to have cooler/warmer house!
Tom and Brian were great!
Would recommend to friends and family for sure !
Thanks lori and steve

Hi Lori and Steve.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We will be sure to pass along the message about what a great job that Tom and Brian did on your home. Enjoy the cooler house this summer!

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.