General Contractors
Great Northern Insulation

Reviews for Great Northern Insulation

Max in Toronto
Max in Toronto

Accommodating, professional, delivering what promised and more

Great Northern Insulation folks exceeded my expectations from every angle of the process: scheduling the appointment was easy, Alex K showed up on time, took the time to measure all things and asked me all the details about what I wanted to have done. The quote came within two days, as promised. Then they were accommodating when I played around with some options, patiently providing revised quotes so that I could see what my new ideas would cost me. After I scheduled the actual work appointment (and making downpayment was a breeze using Bill Payment online) I had to re-schedule to finish some other things on the walls to be insulated. Again - no problem on their end - Kelly was very cooperative, I had options to choose from - no pain whatsoever. A day before the appointment they would remind me of the even - very thoughtful of them!
Then Dion showed up with his crew, right within the timeframe that they promised. They spend good couple of hours wrapping everything in plastic - all my windows, doors, fireplace, even the floor (never mind that this is the subfloor to be covered later, so not a big deal anyways).
They were busy as bees all day long, no fooling around. Cleaned out the spots where the foam would be in the way of drywall, cleaned the joists. I had a few spots where I really needed to put more stuff - so they did. In one low spot under a window I found a place which could use some more foam - they addressed it right away, no prob.
Then they cleaned everything after themselves, swept the floors and removed all plastic from the flors (asked them to keep the windows protected for the next job).
After they left, the next day I reached out to Kelly to settle the balance - it was again very easy using Bill Pay.
Every step of the process was clear, easy and pain-free. The workmanship and the work ethics is what every customer would only dream of. And they were very generous - no bickering about putting a bit more here and there - I felt like I was a close relative of theirs.
Price-wise, I compared the quotes from other vendors - they are very much the same, so I got 5-star treatment for absolutely regular market price, which is amazing.
Best recommendations!

Private User reviews Angus, ON

Good Job

Tom and Brian did a great job. They cleaned up well. Arrived on time and would recommend to friends and family. The guys were professional and friendly. They showed up at the same time Nick said they would.

Private User reviews Creemore, ON

Attic insulation

I have worked with GNI many times over the years and have always been happy with the products and services. This time was no different. We needed attic insulation top up after 15 years so we had it updated to R-60 current standard. Tom and Brian came to do the installation. They had excellent customer relation skills and were fast and efficient. This is a great example of a good product for a good price with customer service to go along with it, a good model for all companies to follow. Thanks to everyone involved.

mhughes in Georgina
mhughes in Georgina
3 reviews Georgina, ON

Thank you.

Matt was great when he came out to give us a quote. He was thorough and able to answer any questions I had.

The crew who completed the insulation were great. Not only courteous but ahead of schedule, also able to answer questions, and very conscious of the house. I was surprised, in a good way, of how protective they were of prep and afterward the clean up. Thanks to everyone

patrick in Toronto
patrick in Toronto

attic insulation

installers came on time and were quick and efficient. Tony and Brian were considerate of our house and cleaned up well at the end of the project We were very pleased with their work

rainny jiang
rainny jiang
1 review North Bay, ON

Disappointment

I would not suggest this company to anyone.
Few months ago, we hired them to do adic insulation; they did a good job so we hired them again for foam insulation around the house and the garage.

We stayed in hotel because the house needs to be empty 24 hours after they spray. When we came back in the house, the purple foam is everywhere on the floor, overspray. What makes me angry is we told them we have two little ones, please clean up after they get done. From the way they work and the job they did, it shows that They just don’t care!

After couple days, we noticed that the front door is always freezing; it took us few days to find out that they didn’t complete the whole front wall. We called them back again, and asked if we need to leave house for 24 hours again. The manager said “YES” . Then, we asked can we reimburse the money for hotel? He said we don’t have to leave the house for 24 hours as long as we don’t go near the front! This is so ridiculous!

They came back and I asked them again, please clean up after you done, because the kids might pick up the small purple foam and put in their mouth. The guy says “ will do”. When we came back to the house, guess what happened. The purple foam is everywhere on the floor again.

I don’t mind pay more money, what bother me the most is they don’t care! The don’t care about the job they do, they don’t care about the customers, they don’t care anything as long as they got the money!

If you are looking for a company that make your life more miserable, this is the one for you!

Good Morning,
We are very sorry to hear that your experience with our company has been less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves in customer service excellence and it is very clear that on this occasion our service was below our customer standards.
Our team have attempted to find you in our database, but have not been able to locate a record for you. I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further if you can please contact me at 1-800-265-1914 ext. 1270. I'd like to help rectify this situation.
Thank you for your feedback.

Lindsay
Customer Experience Manager

Tottenham, L0G 1W0
Tottenham, L0G 1W0

Attic Insulation

Purchased an older home built in the late 1960's and the original attic insulation had dropped below the rafters. After the new insulation was installed by Great Northern Insulation, the rafters can no longer be seen. It didn't take long for the furnace to come on less frequently and cooler sections of the house are now warmer. The installers, Brian and Tom were great! Very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable workers. Thanks.

Private User reviews The Blue Mountains, ON

Crawlspace Insulation

I have a shallow crawlspace I needed insulated. Many companies turned me down but Great Northern took the job. We set an installation date. They communicated before the date of installation to confirm. They came when they said they would and completed the job in the time specified and as per the quote. There was one glitch with payment which was literally rectified in 30 minutes once I notified them. I would recommend them to anyone and have already.

We at Great Northern would like to thank you for leaving us a review and are glad to hear we were able help you every step of the way.

EAST NEWMKT
EAST NEWMKT
2 reviews Newmarket, ON

Attic insulation Retrofit

Great Northern Insulation
800-265-1914

Tom and Brian did a very professional job from set-up (putting down floor, furniture and corner protection) to clean-up (vacuuming). They arrived before the scheduled appointment and worked efficiently. The price was very reasonable in comparison with other quotes received. I would definitely recommend GNI !

NancyS2935
NancyS2935
1 review Innisfil, ON

Attic Insulation

Called Great Northern Insulation at the end of October for a quote for insulation in a townhouse attic. Pleased with the fast response of the salesperson that set up an appointment immediately. (Thank you Glen Schaeffer) The work was performed yesterday. The crew of 2 upgraded the insulation to R60. They arrived on time as promised and were friendly, efficient and left the work area impeccable. Thank you Tom and Brian and Great Northern Insulation. It is refreshing to see a company stand by its commitment.

More about Great Northern Insulation

Great Northern Insulation is an industry leading insulation installer with over 30 years experience. We are the largest insulation company in Ontario and have branches throughout. We are Energy Star and Foam Masters™ certified. We offer Free In-Home Assessment, contact us today to learn more.