Distinctive Wood Designs Inc

Mac V in Edmonton
Mac V in Edmonton
1 review Edmonton, AB

black walnut crown moulding

I spent hours searching for walnut mouldings, finally found Distinctive Wood Designs. My first concern was were they only wholesale, and would they laugh at my 40 lineal feet requirement? Not at all, they do sell retail.
I emailed my request, was answered the next day that the moulding was in stock, with the price. I ordered, it was shipped the next day and I picked it up one province east after 5 days.
The material was meticulously wrapped and, when I opened it, it was entirely without flaw: no knots, splits or physical imperfections. There was maybe 4 feet of lighter coloured heartwood, which I will use anyway. To do my kitchen cabinets, I purchased about 400 lineal feet of S4S 1 x 6. This was from a good supplier in BC, but even with them I had a 10-15% scrap rate.
I can't say enough about this company, try them.