Benner Plumbing & Heating Ltd

Best of 2013 winner 2 timesBest of 2013winner 2 times

Reviews for Benner Plumbing & Heating Ltd

sonny from Calgary
sonny from Calgary

Renovation of a 30 year old house which had polybutylene lines throughout. Also, rearrangement of water lines in kitchen and ensuite bathroom.

Friendly and on time and worked on my house for about 5 days (non-consecutive). Clean-up okay but would unplug/unhook appliances and not plug them back in (food in fridge went off and water from washing machine leaked to floor beneath). Also, didn't turn valves off so hot and cold water were blending before the faucet so that I only had luke-warm water until we figured out what the problem was. Nice guy but everytime I would be left with a problem to fix.

Jessica in Calgary
Jessica in Calgary

New toilet

After doing some research on water conservation we decided to switch our old toilet to the new 2 button water conserving toilet. Benner Plumbing sent someone out who removed our old toilet and disposed of it (after I got to destroy it with a hammer!). The new toilet was installed and immediately functioning. Our water bill is quite a bit lower and we couldnt be happier!

Sze Yeung in Calgary
Sze Yeung in Calgary

Finding bathroom faucet parts

My husband and I were directed by another retailer to Benner's plumbing to locate a part for our 2005 bathroom faucet as the part was quite difficult to find seeing that 7 years was considered "ancient" in plumbing terms. As the bathroom had two faucets, we did not want to change both faucets or have mismatching ones. We found the part at one small plumbing shop but that store was charging $50 for the cartridge, which we were advised to not pay another above $20 as we could just change the faucet if it was very expensive to change the cartridge. Luckily, we were directed to Benner's and the same part ended up costing only $20, and we were quite impressed with the knowledgeable staff, but most importantly, it was a bargain compared to the previous shop. We feel that Benner's is reasonable in prices and not out to charge exorbitantly.

Bibi in Calgary
Bibi in Calgary

Shower Remodel

We had a large tiled shower stall with a cracked base, and we hired Benner Plumbing to tear out the old shower stall, replace the pan, put in aqua board, put a light in the shower, and retile.

Their designer/estimator was very pleasant to deal with.

The company did the work in a timely manner.

The shower looks lovely and is once again functional. Putting in lighter tiles and a light in the shower made it much brighter and more pleasant to use.

There was some confusion about the trim tiles, however, as the colour of the ones I chose from the sample, which were suggested by the designer/estimator, did not look right in the bathroom, even though they looked nice against the main tiles. The company did not exchange the trim tiles, and I ended up having to go out and purchase more suitable ones (in terms of colour) at my own expense (in addition to what I was paying the company). The result is worth it, but this was a minor annoyance.

Also, there was a miscommunication regarding the step/threshold piece. The installer started tiling it, even though Ruth and I had discussed putting in a single piece of granite similar to our countertops. However, after I pointed this out, the error was rectified, and I'm very satisfied with the result, although it did delay completion of the project somewhat.

There was also an issue with chunks of grout in the drain which, a few weeks later, caused the drain to clog. The company came and cleared the drain at their expense.

Finally, the company installed a showerhead that would not have been my choice, and, in fact, is far more expensive than the one I would have preferred. They offered to remove it, but did not offer any compensation for the difference in price. I opted to keep it, under the circumstance, but I wish I had been offered the choice at the beginning and, perhaps, would have been able to lower the costs somewhat by choosing a less expensive showerhead.

However, all these issues are minor in light of the overall experience and results. The final result is beautiful, and the company responded promptly to any concerns I expressed. I would use this company again, but I would request a more detailed quote (with all the materials specified in detail on it).

Corey in Calgary
Corey in Calgary
1 review CALGARY, AB

Repair of a Bradford Wight Water Heater

Called them to fix my broken Bradford White Water Heater. They quoted me 59 for the call out and 95 for the labor. Repair man arrived and charged me that + 599 for the failing part. Waited 8 weeks for the clam to come through, and we had success, except they will only pay for the wholesale cost of 399. I am not out the markup that benner charged of 200 Dollars + the install fee. Is this Right to you?
Google Shows anther person that was stun in the same way...
Take a look before you use them!

Linda Pratt in Calgary

Intallation of kitchen sink & faucet

I went to their store, first, and was given excellent assistance in picking out the product best suited to my needs and price range.. When the plumber came to instal my sink and faucet, he was extremely polite, clean and prompt.

Paula in Calgary
Paula in Calgary

plumbing supplies

Went in to find a washer for an old faucet and left with a washer and a ton of other items we needed for our reno project. The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly and oh so helpful! I love the small town feel of this store!

Alexandra Gousseva in Calgary
Alexandra Gousseva in Calgary
4 reviews CALGARY, AB

Emergency

My toilet clogged and I was having a bday party at my home the very same day. I gave this guys a call and they came right away and helped me with my problem, very professional decent price. would definitely deal with them again!
thanks!

Linda Pratt in Calgary

Installation of low flow toilet

I went to the stor first and talked to very knowledgable sales people before choosing my toilet. The assisted me in choosing the right toilet for my budget and location. They were very accurate with their estimate and the plumber who actually installed the toilet was very clean, courteous and willing to explain any questions I asked. I have recommended them and would use them again.

Looking for Plumbing pros in Calgary?