Bayview Home Appliance Centre Ltd

Appliance Repair
16 Sims Crescent Richmond Hill ON
HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Richmond Hill  >  Bayview Home Appliance Centre Ltd

Reviews for Bayview Home Appliance Centre Ltd

Roya in King City
Roya in King City
1 review King City, ON

Service for Jenn Air gas rangetop

I have a problem with starter ,they came and couldn’t fix it ,they said the problem is wiring , after the technician brought wire to change it ,he couldn’t take out the unit because it was too heavy for him ,He said he has to come back with another person to be able to move the unit. After 4 times now their manager called me and said the problem is installation.This people don’t know what they are doing.

1 review Whitchurch Stouffville, ON

Thermador Recall Service Call

We had a recall on our Thermador dishwasher so we called and asked for an accredited partner to perform the service. They referred us to Bayview Home Appliance Centre. The technician came and removed the dishwasher to exchange the power cord which he told me may overheat and was the reason for the recall. Prior to reinstalling the dishwasher, he began to mess around with the door latch. After he started tinkering with it, the door would not close properly and the latch would not catch. It took him twenty minutes to "temporarily" fix the problem that he had caused. I questioned why he would touch a part that did not require repair and what happens now if this leads to additional problems with the latch, he said "don't worry, if there is an issue with it, call us and we will correct the problem".

A few months later, my wife was filling the dishwasher and tried to close the door but the latch wouldn't catch. As the technician mentioned to do when it happened, I had my wife contact Bayview Home Appliance Centre and let them know what had transpired. As the tech had inferred, the latch had now failed and we wanted them to come and fix the problem. They told us that they needed to speak with the tech and would get back to us. When they called back, they told her that they would not fix it as too much time elapsed (3 months) and that we should have called them right away. I called back to explain that there wasn't a problem right away as their tech "temporarily" fixed the latch. I tried to verbalize this many times but did not get anywhere so I asked to speak to the owner. They ended up putting me through to their "head technician", who I think may be the owner but would not admit it. He told me that it wasn't their responsibility and stated that they would have covered it up to a month and a half or so, but they won't do anything now. I was adamant that their tech touched the latch on his own accord and I had not asked him to do it. I did ask why he would do that without instruction, mentioning that we never had a problem with it until he touched it. The company made it very clear that they would only fix the problem if Thermador paid for the part and the service, even though their technician created it. At this point, I was very frustrated and said that I would never hire a company that refuses to stand behind their work and that I would never use them again. That is the last time we will ever use Bayview Home Appliance Centre and I hope that this warns others so that they do not need to go through the same frustrating experience as we did.

Fisher & Paykel cookware repair -didn't happen

My cookware had a defect - under 2 year warranty. Fisher & Paykel CSR gave me this company "Bayview Home ... " to request the service.
Monday (Nov 27, 2017) - I called them and they requested a copy of the purchase bill. I scanned and sent to them. They told someone would contact me within 24h and arrange an appointment.
Nobody did. I called on Thursday again. They told me that my 1-year warranty has expired. I told them that it is a 2-year warranty. They told me that I should call Fiher & Paykel and ask them to call Bayview Home to confirm this (like they could not do this themselves).
I have asked Fisher & Paykel to give me another service company to deal with.

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

ELECTROLUX WASHER REPAIR

Terrible customer service, total non-disclosure of documents that they want you to sign BEFORE they start repair work.
Be very careful, make sure you read WAIVER that they want you to sign. Being a repair shop, they do not want to be responsible for the result of their work.
Somehow they are on Electrolux trusted repair shops list, but do not be fooled, they are NOT professionals. Avoid and contact somebody else.

1 review Aurora, ON

Refrigerator services

Repair work was done under warranty. Excellent service, professional, done without any delay. The gentleman doing the repair was very well qualified and after taking time to inspect the refrigerator, identified a secondary problem that we were not aware of. He looked after both issues quickly and professionally.

Diswasher repair

Recommended to me by the store I bought my the dishwasher at; this company apparently does their warranty work. My unit is out of the warranty period - - I called them anyhow despite the negative reviews I saw here. For me, it was a HUGE mistake!

I paid for the service call $65, plus $30 for the repair service, plus tax = $107.35 Plus another $7.50 for a fastner. The service person told me a hose disconnected and re-connected it with a new fastner. He turned on my dishwasher after the job, was paid and left. Shortly after I had a flood on my floor. I called him back and he then discovered the hose he re-connected was torn. Next, the company quoted me approximately 300 for a new part, another 90 for another service call, plus tax! That is $555.55 in total to fix a 6 year old dishwasher.

Rather than follow through I called another repair person who replaced the hose and charged me 150 all in.

Cindy M. in Maple
Cindy M. in Maple
2 reviews York Regional Municipality, ON

washing machine and dishwasher fix

The technician, Dean, who came to fix the housing cap on my washing machine, is excellent. He did the job in a few minutes for a very reasonable price. On an unrelated issue, I called KitchenAid to fix my dishwasher that is still under warranty. Coincidently, they put me in touch with Bayview Home Appliance Centre. So, I was able to have the same technician, Dean, take a look at the dishwasher on the same visit that he repaired the washing machine. He ordered the part and fixed the dishwasher a few days later. I am very pleased with the results of the work done by the technician, Dean, and with the quick response b Bayview Home Appliance Centre to get the work done.

1 review Newmarket, ON

Avoid at all cost

Completely unreliable company with horrible service. Had 3 separate service calls, one was a inspection and second and third was for the repair. The three simple appointments took over 2 months for the company to schedule, and the end result was the same as the beginning, a broken appliance. Please, avoid this company at all costs no matter how simple you repair may be.

1 review Aurora, ON

Washing Machine Repair

This company phoned us & came to the house when they said they would. I found them very reliable, polite, and pleasant to deal with. I would certain use them again. Thank you.