Metro Chimney Inc

Best of 2018 winner 5 timesBest of 2018winner 5 times

Reviews for Metro Chimney Inc

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Chimney inspection and cleaning

Mitch (with Chris supervising) just cleaned and inspected my chimney in my newly purchased 1950's era home. I wasn't sure if I needed it done but once I saw all the debris that was resting on the damper I was very happy I called them. They were very fastidious about making sure they made no mess in my house which I was very impressed by. Chris left me with some suggestions for preventative maintenance that I should get done if I find I'm using the fireplace a lot. (Grout work on the tiled hearth)

Thank you, Mitch has been training with me for several years now and it is time for him to step up, we are happy to hear that you are pleased with the work.

Glenny Mac in Toronto
Glenny Mac in Toronto

Chimney Repair (Tuck Pointing, Flue, Cover)

We needed some tuck pointing repairs to our sad, crumbling chimney. Chris was the first contractor to respond and his quote was very reasonable. Chris and his son, Mitch, were very professional and they did a outstanding job making the repairs. Strongly recommended. I will definitely use them again.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Glen, happy to hear that you are pleased with the work.

Colin
Colin

Chris saved me a lot of money!

I had a different company come in to clean our chimney. While cleaning it a small piece of the liner broke off. I was advised that I would likely need to have the existing clay liner removed and a new stainless steel liner installed - cost of approximately $5500. I booked them to have the estimator come out and quote it (and yes you have to pay them to give you a quote) and they screwed up the appointment and didn't show- but they said for sure it would have to be done- $5500. It didn't seem legit to me so I contacted Chris - he found the time (right before Christmas) to come out, clean it properly and inspect it. Guess what - the flue is fine - doesn't need to be replaced. Thank goodness there are still ethical business people around like Chris - I'm now a customer for life!

I'm glad your happy with the work Colin, enjoy the fireplace and call when your ready for another cleaning and inspection.

Robert in Toronto
Robert in Toronto

Chimney restoration and fireplace cleaned

I called 4 contractors from Homestars.....3 contractors either said they were too busy or they could come by in the following week to look at the job .....
Chris , as it turned out ,was finishing another job and said he would be right there within 30 minutes to look at job ....
Chris not only showed up , he stayed for another hour to answer ALL the questions I had about the job !!!
we gave Chris the job within 4 days ,as the other contractors failed to even call !!
Chris and his son arrived at appointed time , did the job in a day and a 1/2 !!!
Very PROFESSIONAL !!! EASY to talk too !!!
THANKS Chris !!!
He even cleaned out our fireplace as a bonus !!!
highly recommend !!!

Thanks for the review Robert! It was a pleasure doing buisness with you, Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and the family.

Anthony in Scarborough
Anthony in Scarborough
10 reviews Scarborough, ON

Chimney sweep

Chris and his son came to clean my chimney which I have not had cleaned since I moved into our place 6 years ago. Chris and his son were very personable and professional and provided some great advice to keep the fireplace in good working condition. I would highly recommend Metro Chimney. Thanks for doing a great job guys!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Anthony, it means a lot to me.

Carla in Toronto
Carla in Toronto

Fast and great service

I called Chris on Friday afternoon and told him I needed my chimney cleaned ASAP and he told me he would try and fit me Saturday, otherwise it would be Monday or Tuesday. He called me back a couple hours later and asked me if I was home because he could come right away! So, so happy that he was able to come so quickly. He was friendly, did a great job and gave good advice. Thanks for job well done!

Thanks Carla, I know I already thanked you personally but wanted to take the time to thank you on the Homestars sight, all the best to you and your family.

Jacquie C in Brampton
Jacquie C in Brampton

Fast and Efficient

HomeStars has been a great place for me to find quality home service providers -- and Metro Chimney was no exception!
Great father and son team who were timely, efficient, knowledgeable and a great value for the service provided.
Highly recommended.

Thanks for the review Jacquie, enjoy your fireplace and give me a call when your ready for another cleaning, all the best.

Gee from Brampton
Gee from Brampton

Chimney cleaning

Today was my second time using Metro Chimney Inc. and I was not disappointed.
Mike, accompanied by his son, is the type of service provider you wish there were more of. He is thorough, friendly, conscientious about being on time and his post-sweep cleaning is flawless.
He provided review of his findings and offered suggestions to minimize creosote buildup.
I will definitely use Mike again.

Thanks for the review Gee, sorry I missed your husband this year, I can't remember his name(terrible with names) tell him I said hi and thanks for the repeat Buisness, I'll see you next year.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Chimney Cleaning

Very clean and thorough. Lots of good recommendations for doors and gas logs. He recommends cleaning every 3 to 4 years, not like some companies that phone every six months.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, call me when your ready for another cleaning, all the best to you and your family in this New Year!

Chris

Chimney cleaning

Chris Bowes has cleaned our chimney for the past two years and his work has been excellent. He responds to emails quickly and the work is always done cleanly and in a timely manner. He is very accommodating about appointment times and always arrives on time. We have used other chimney cleaning companies and Metro Chimney Inc is by far the best. We will certainly call Chris to do our chimney work next year as well.

Thank you, I do appreciate the repeat buisness and for you taking the time in your busy schedule to write this review, all the best.

Chris

More about Metro Chimney Inc

Metro Chimney specializes in chimney rebuilds, tuck pointing, and chimney sweeping and fireplace inspection services.

With our service yard located in the Leaside area, Metro Chimney has serviced countless homes in Rosedale, Moore Park, Forest Hill and the Yonge and Eglinton areas.

Chimney and fireplace inspection is a very important part of fireplace safety. When you call Metro Chimney, we don't just show up to sweep your chimney, we inspect it with a WETT-certified mason who builds and restores fireplaces. We provide fireplace restorations, firebox rebuilds, and more!

When your no-mess chimney cleaning is being performed, we are looking at your hearth and hearth extension, your firebox and damper, as well as your mantel, smoke chamber and what type of liner you have. We are inspecting your chimney, above and below the roofline, looking at the brick or stonework for any damage that may require our attention. Call or email us today to find out more!