Tuck Pointing

Eric in Richmond Hill
Eric in Richmond Hill
1 review Oshawa, ON

Chimney Cap Replacement

Quick response with a fair estimate. Considerate solution options to reuse components. The job was scheduled promptly and well accomplished. Will not hesitate to come back for future needs and recommend to friends. Thank you.

Eric thanks for taking the time to write this review, all the best to you and your Dad.

Chris

George C in Toronto
George C in Toronto

(Triple) Chimney tear down and complete rebuild

My chimney had cracks and bricks that were crumbling. Out of 4 quotes requested Chris (with Mitch) from Metro Chimney was the first to respond and came out to see the job. He provided the best quote. He struck me as honest and trustworthy and caring to do a good job and he proved to be so.
The job was done within the time specified (2 days) and was excellent. 10/10. Perfect brickwork and cleanup.

One of the best contractor experiences I have ever had.

Thanks for the review George and happy to hear things worked out with the rain caps, no point in spending money when you don't need to, all the best!

Chris, Jesse and Mitch

Liz
Liz

Couldn't be more pleased

My chimney was about to fall into the backyard so I went to HomeStars to find a person who could help me out. Chris was here in less than 48 hours to check it out and said he could start the job the following week. He did exactly what he said, the price was exactly what he quoted and the work exceeded my expectations. Chris is honest, personable and has two great helpers (kudos to their parents). I will not hesitate to use Metro Chimney for any future brickwork I require. Thanks guys!

Thanks Robin, were all glad to hear your happy with the work, all the best.

Chris, Jesse and Mitch

Kimberly in Toronto in Toronto
Kimberly in Toronto in Toronto

Repair Chimney + Flue & Cap Replacement - May 2017

Every time it rained we had water leaking inside the house from the chimney. We selected Metro Chimney (Chris) to replace the flue + cap and do some additional masonry repairs. They were prompt, professional, attentive, personable and most of all HONEST. During our follow-up discussion, Chris let us know that our chimney liner is old and requires replacement too. We will have them back to install the new liner soon. THANK YOU Chris! We appreciate you and your honesty. Metro Chimney was the right choice for us and we highly recommend them to others.

Thanks for the review Kimberly, I'm happy that we were able to solve the problem for you, call me when your ready.

Artboas in Oshawa
Artboas in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Chimney cleaning & repair

Chris came to my home to evaluate a repair job which another contractor was going to make a mess of.
He repaired it for a VERY reasonable amount, and cleaned 2 chimneys to perfection. Chris & his helper were a delight to have in our home. Not a speck of dust when they finished
I Highly recommend Chris!!
Decent guy in every respect.

Thank you for your kind words, all the best.

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Chimney inspection and cleaning

416-839-0585
1174 Trillium Court
Oshawa
L1G 7M2

Mitch (with Chris supervising) just cleaned and inspected my chimney in my newly purchased 1950's era home. I wasn't sure if I needed it done but once I saw all the debris that was resting on the damper I was very happy I called them. They were very fastidious about making sure they made no mess in my house which I was very impressed by. Chris left me with some suggestions for preventative maintenance that I should get done if I find I'm using the fireplace a lot. (Grout work on the tiled hearth)

Thank you, Mitch has been training with me for several years now and it is time for him to step up, we are happy to hear that you are pleased with the work.

Glenny Mac in Toronto
Glenny Mac in Toronto

Chimney Repair (Tuck Pointing, Flue, Cover)

We needed some tuck pointing repairs to our sad, crumbling chimney. Chris was the first contractor to respond and his quote was very reasonable. Chris and his son, Mitch, were very professional and they did a outstanding job making the repairs. Strongly recommended. I will definitely use them again.

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Glen, happy to hear that you are pleased with the work.

Colin
Colin
7 reviews Pickering, ON

Chris saved me a lot of money!

I had a different company come in to clean our chimney. While cleaning it a small piece of the liner broke off. I was advised that I would likely need to have the existing clay liner removed and a new stainless steel liner installed - cost of approximately $5500. I booked them to have the estimator come out and quote it (and yes you have to pay them to give you a quote) and they screwed up the appointment and didn't show- but they said for sure it would have to be done- $5500. It didn't seem legit to me so I contacted Chris - he found the time (right before Christmas) to come out, clean it properly and inspect it. Guess what - the flue is fine - doesn't need to be replaced. Thank goodness there are still ethical business people around like Chris - I'm now a customer for life!

I'm glad your happy with the work Colin, enjoy the fireplace and call when your ready for another cleaning and inspection.

Robert in Toronto
Robert in Toronto

Chimney restoration and fireplace cleaned

I called 4 contractors from Homestars.....3 contractors either said they were too busy or they could come by in the following week to look at the job .....
Chris , as it turned out ,was finishing another job and said he would be right there within 30 minutes to look at job ....
Chris not only showed up , he stayed for another hour to answer ALL the questions I had about the job !!!
we gave Chris the job within 4 days ,as the other contractors failed to even call !!
Chris and his son arrived at appointed time , did the job in a day and a 1/2 !!!
Very PROFESSIONAL !!! EASY to talk too !!!
THANKS Chris !!!
He even cleaned out our fireplace as a bonus !!!
highly recommend !!!

Thanks for the review Robert! It was a pleasure doing buisness with you, Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and the family.

Anthony in Scarborough
Anthony in Scarborough
10 reviews Scarborough, ON

Chimney sweep

Chris and his son came to clean my chimney which I have not had cleaned since I moved into our place 6 years ago. Chris and his son were very personable and professional and provided some great advice to keep the fireplace in good working condition. I would highly recommend Metro Chimney. Thanks for doing a great job guys!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review Anthony, it means a lot to me.

More about Metro Chimney Inc

Metro Chimney specializes in chimney rebuilds, tuck pointing, and chimney sweeping and fireplace inspection services.

With our service yard located in the Leaside area, Metro Chimney has serviced countless homes in Rosedale, Moore Park, Forest Hill and the Yonge and Eglinton areas.

Chimney and fireplace inspection is a very important part of fireplace safety. When you call Metro Chimney, we don't just show up to sweep your chimney, we inspect it with a WETT-certified mason who builds and restores fireplaces. We provide fireplace restorations, firebox rebuilds, and more!

When your no-mess chimney cleaning is being performed, we are looking at your hearth and hearth extension, your firebox and damper, as well as your mantel, smoke chamber and what type of liner you have. We are inspecting your chimney, above and below the roofline, looking at the brick or stonework for any damage that may require our attention. Call or email us today to find out more!