Universal Appliances

jd
jd
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

New washer, dryer purchase

My ~20-year old washer and dryer were giving out, so in October 2017 I went on the hunt for a new laundry pair. I had done my due diligence online—reading reviews and comparing the major brands and models out there, settling on an Electrolux pair. I had a hunch that going to a locally owned appliance store would be a more satisfying experience than buying online or at one of the big box stores. The main problem with the large stores, from my experience, is that the sales personnel are not particularly knowledgable about the products they sell.
A couple of the other local appliance stores didn’t carry the particular models I was interested in, so I settled on Universal Appliances The sales person, Tyler, was excellent: knowledgable, and personable. He explained in detail the features of the machines and, even though I had decided on the models, he made sure I was aware of alternatives. He arranged on the spot for delivery, and installation, and the removal of the old machines. I was up and running with the new machines three days after visiting the store. Universal Appliances is a locally (Ottawa) owned appliance retail store and, on the basis of this experience, I highly recommend them.

Gordon from Greely
Gordon from Greely
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

Professional and Fast

We had an electric cook top give up the ghost 2 weeks before the closing on the sale of our home. We dealt with Neil Garbett at Universal Appliances Ottawa who arranged to have a new model delivered and installed in our home within 10 days. Beautiful replacement and service beyond our wildest expectations. Five star performance and professional in all transactions. Just a great experience.

Gordon and Violet Parke

Nicole from Ottawa
Nicole from Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

total kitchen & laundry reno

This is the "third generation" of appliances we have bought from Universal Appliances. Early on, they were the best deal in town. They may no longer always offer the best price; what keeps us coming back is the knowledge of the sales staff, the collaboration among them and the great all around service.

Thank you for your positive feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

Sheila from Ottawa
Sheila from Ottawa
4 reviews Ottawa, ON

stove

We recently rennovated our kitchen and included all new appliances. We never intended to purchase an induction stove but the information provided by the salesman Daryl was so detailed we decided to upgrade and purchase this stove. We love it he did not steer us wrong. I am a much bettr cook bcause of my stove.

Sylvie in Gatineau
Sylvie in Gatineau
2 reviews GATINEAU, QC

Purchase of appliance

As part of renovating our kitchen, we visited Universal Applicances and were extremely impressed by the variety and selection of products. Were specifcally looking for a gaz range and the service and knowledge was excellent. Have recommended to family and many friends.

We'll continue to do our best and we appreciate all of your referrals. Thank you.

Bobson in Stittsville
Bobson in Stittsville
4 reviews STITTSVILLE, ON

New Fridge

Before buying our new house, we needed to buy a fridge, along with our other appliances. I checked Sears, Best Buy, and Future Shop until a buddy told me about Universal Appliances.
We checked it out and the workers were so helpful and answered so many questions we had the other places couldn't. We did not feel any pressure to buy and they were very professional with us. The delivery and set up of our fridge was on time and they did a good job of not scratching the walls. They rock and I tell everyone about their store!

Julie in Orleans
Julie in Orleans
3 reviews ,

Purchased major appliance

Purchased a microwave/convection and laundry pair from Universal appliances. The pricing was good (especially for the laundry pair) and the delivery was very good as well! The post sales service, as well as their affiliated company that provides warranty service has been only ok. We have had issues with the micro/convection and had trouble getting any response from Universal. When we were put in touch with the warranty company at first they were helpful to try and get the problem resolved and now it has been 6 months and the part is still not installed (we have to keep checking in with them....as apparently it is backordered).

I'm sorry to hear your having difficulty getting your microwave repaired. It is very unusual for a part to take 6 months to arrive. If we can be of further assistance please call the store, we would be happy to look into this for you.

jhan
jhan
10 reviews Quispamsis, NB

purchase

There are so many little stores a long bank street it can be easy to be lost in the shuffle, but be sure not to miss this one. The service here was very good and the man there was friendly and helpful to me.

silvy in ottawa
silvy in ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Service is terrible, don't return calls, after purchase they don't really care about you

bought a high end fridge from them- not even 4 years old, not working for 2 weeks now and manager tells me he'll take care of it and never returned my call...worst customer service experience ever...learnt my lesson and will only buy from Sears in the future...they have unbeatable customer service!!! will never buy from universal again

All of us here at Universal Appliances are always looking to help our clients resolve any difficult service issues that may arise. If someone forgot to call you back we apologize for that error.

Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Ottawa?