I dont do this a lot. But never NEVER use BC Furnace & Air Conditioning. Please think twice. So many issues and they were so rude.
- They are not upfront about their prices. They charged us overtime without notifying us there was a different option. According to the manager they are "not legally obligated to."
- one lady hung up on me. ( I was honestly a bit vocal but not yelling,,, it was a hands free phone. And its tough to remain calm when you are talking to someone who says they discussed this with you already... see next issue)
- same lady stated she talked to me yesterday about the call but as most of you know I was at school from 7:30 - 6:00 (Like I do every M-F) working my ass off in the classroom, completing Report Cards, and planning for a TOC today cuz I am sick as a dog right now.
- the problem they "fixed" is in question because it is the same problem we had the last time they were over. When asked why we didnt contact them again I stated that when you "fixed it" it was April. I havent used the furnace since then. Who uses a furnace in summer? the first time finally we use it and it has the exact same problem.
- According to their manager their job is not Customer Service... it is fixing furnaces.
- when we got into the discussion about offering other languages to their customers, (because I felt they were not being clear to those who dont know the English terminology), I asked if they speak Spanish he simply stated that he can "order a beer in Spanish". He asked if my wife is Spanish. I said she was from Mexico. He just laughed.
- When they showed up on Monday to do the job, they showed up at 8:30pm (2 hours late) we are putting Scott to bed by then.
- When I was trying to explain the whole issue with what was said on the phone his simple answer was "well, did you record it?"
- they kept asking me to send an e-mail to the manager. But as any teacher knows that e-mails are the most impersonal method of contact and a lot of misunderstandings can happen without the personal communication. Cant imagine how messed up this would have been.
- Other lovely comments from the manager (when I did talk to him):
Re: going to social media about this problem and never using them again "Fine, we have thousands of other customers who are happy."
Re: my statement " Who the heck likes to pay more money?"
Mgr - "Lots of people like paying more! Especially when they need it right away."
There were times he just plain mocked me.
When a company is SO concerned with protecting its ass instead of fixing a problem, then that company is not looking for their customers best interest in mind. Their job truly is just "fixing furnaces"...no matter what the cost. and even that is questionable....
Will I pay the bill? Of course I have to. (Manager made a strong point of reminding me of that). They got their money out of me. But it is their last and hopefully it will be the last for you too.
Please think long and hard when choosing a furnace company to deal with. These guys are completely unprofessional and looking after your best interest.