Action Furnace Inc

4086 Ogden Road SE Calgary AB T2G 4P7

Reviews for Action Furnace Inc

Scott from Calgary
Scott from Calgary

Very pushy on furnace replacement when repair was sufficient

As you can see from my other reviews, I have typically only written favourable reviews of companies I have dealt with.
Unfortunately I feel compelled to provide a poor rating to Action Furnace based on the experience I had, and my experience appears to be consistent with how a few other reviews in regards to the level of dishonesty in their service. I found them to be very pushy with respect to needing to purchase a new furnace.
Our furnace stopped working last November, and I contacted Action Furnace based on their favourable reviews. Their technician showed up, very pleasant individual. He diagnosed the part attributable to the main failure at $800, as well as a few other parts that would have to be replaced for a total of $1,500.
He then proceeded to repeatedly tell me that the repair was a bad investment and I should just purchase a new furnace for between $4500 and $6500). I indicated I was not interested in purchasing a new furnace. He then proceeded to tell me that at this point he cannot verify the main board is functioning until the other parts were replaced, and if a new board was needed that would bring the total price to $2200. He kept pushing for me to buy a new furnace for $6500…so when faced with a bill of either $2200 or $6500, I decided to get a second opinion.
I had another company come by and replace the ONE PART that was causing the failure (they charged $300 for the part). One year later, and the furnace is still working great since that repair!
I was very thankful I got a second opinion, and very disappointed to see how Action Furnace was so pushy on unnecessarily replacing the furnace. The price I paid to Action was for this Service Call only.

Hi Scott,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Action Furnace last year. We pride ourselves on doing the right thing for the customer and providing them with options to make the best decision for their home and family. The experience you had last year with Action Furnace is not our standard. The employee who was at your house is no longer employed with Action Furnace. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact our office at 403-288-4004 and ask to speak with our General Manager.

Terry Gilmour in Airdrie
Terry Gilmour in Airdrie
1 review Airdrie, AB

The time had come......

So after 24 years, it was time for a new furnace. Did not know where to start so I called Action Furnace . Being a member of the " peace of mind club"' , I called them so i could "start the ball rolling". From the point of my call to ask some questions , to my new furnace being installed, the experience was great. I was made to feel comfortable thru the whole process. I would highly recommend Action Furnace to be part of your
expert team to help you manage your home needs! I sure know more about furnaces now.
You can contact me at terrygilmour@hotmail.com if you have any questions about my purchase of my new high efficient furnace.

Hi Terry thank you for your review! Thank you for your patronage with Action Furnace. We are so glad to hear that you were happy with the furnace installation. Enjoy your warm furnace this winter!

Heidi in Red Deer
Heidi in Red Deer
1 review Red Deer, AB

Furnace and duct cleaning

Great service from their technician today. He was very thorough and made sure I was happy with his work before he left. I will definitely be having Action Furnace back next year!

Thanks for the Review Heidi.

aswin in Calgary
aswin in Calgary

annual service

I would like to thank Mark who performed annual furnace and duct cleaning at my home. Mark was very diligent and professional, He is to be commended for his work

Thanks for the review Aswin!

CheriseLowe in Calgary
CheriseLowe in Calgary

Great Experience on AC Installation

Really enjoyed working with Action Furnace right from receiving the quote all the way through to installation! Jeff was the installer working with us and he was really knowledgeable, personable and really went above and beyond in terms of customer service. So happy with this experience - had a great sleep last night in our cool house!

Hi Cherise thank you for your 10 star review! We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the entire sales to installation process. We hope you enjoy your new air conditioner! Thanks for choosing Action Furnace.

Jennifer Millett in Santa Clara
Jennifer Millett in Santa Clara

New A/C Unit installation

Cliff and Todd showed up the time as scheduled. They are polite, professional and did a great job installing my new A/C unit. They worked for hours (need to tell them to take a break for drinks and food) and kept me posted with the progress every few hours. Andrew arrived later in the day and ensuring everything is installed and working well as expected. They went thru items with me in details, very knowledgeable and thorough. My sister referred me to Action Furnace and will highly recommending them to family and friends.

Hi Jennifer thank you so much for this review! Thank you for choosing Action Furnace for your installation.

Kim in Calgary
Kim in Calgary

Service

Nelson was amazing! Friendly, fast and thorough!! I will ask for Nelson everytime! He was great with my dog, was very knoweldgable and seemes veey hapoy to be doing his job.

Hi Kim. Thank you so much for your review. We will pass on your kind review to Nelson. Thank you for choosing Action Furnace.

Funtime4 in Calgary
Funtime4 in Calgary

1965 furnace finally gives up

My 50+ year-old furnace finally kicked the bucket and Action Furnace was there the next day. I was sceptical they could even get that beast out of my basement but they did the full job in a single day. Very happy with the advice I got and the speed of install.

Hi there. Thank you so much for the review! We were happy to help you with your furnace installation. Thank you for choosing Action Furnace.

Hermaninc in Calgary
Hermaninc in Calgary

Change out my broken furnace

Sad day my old furnace gave up the ghost. Thanks to quick team at Action Furnace I have heat again. I will recommend this company to any that ask me.

Hi there - thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear we were able to help you out. Thanks for choosing Action Furnace.

Rob in Calgary
Rob in Calgary

Warranty

Our furnace failed 5 weeks shy of our 10 year parts and labor warranty and Action Furnace honoured this with no questions asked!
Cost would have been $2000+ for repairs.
Thanks Action Furnace!!
Rob McGregor

Hi Rob - thanks so much for the review! Thank you for recognizing our warranty process and that we stand behind our guarantees. Thank you for choosing Action Furnace.

More about Action Furnace Inc

Home of the Fixed Right Or It's Free Guarantee! Action Furnace has been proudly serving Albertans for 30 years. When you're looking for a furnace sales and repair company, we hope you'll remember Action Furnace. We post specials frequently so visit our website and then give us a call for discounts, contests, and free service giveaways. So whether you're buying a furnace, air conditioner, water heater, or humidifier we're there to help you and our work and prices are guaranteed to be the best.